*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

My sister's doppler came in the mail today. I got it out and found the baby's heartbeat right away!! :happydance:

By the way, yesterday and today I have been absolutely exhausted! I don't get it - aren't things supposed to be easing up as you head towards 12 weeks? My nausea is a little better but exhaustion is out of control!

Sounds exactly like me! BBs are also getting larger and more itchy.

mine are starting to itch too, no soreness, but they feel fuller when i squeeze them (yes, i did the squeeze test)

My sister's doppler came in the mail today. I got it out and found the baby's heartbeat right away!! :happydance:

did you find babys abdominally or did you stick it in a bit?

Abdominally. I found it within a minute, lost it, and then it took me a bit to re-find it. Mine sits on the right side of my uterus. I counted the beats and it was high 160s! So fun!!

Havent been on here in a couple of weeks. Having such a bad time with medical professionals, makes me just want to sit and :cry:

- Still no midwife been trying for about a month now, they never get back to me and majority of them are now booked out!
- Had terrible nausea and my GP prescribed Odansetrone (sp) wafers and I read the packet and says not to take in the first trimester :wacko: so now im just puking in the garden, in carparks and everywhere and feeling terrible all the time.
- Because I have no midwife went back to my GP who neither gave me request for blood tests (as im approaching 13 weeks) and I had to argue for a 13 week scan which I thought was necessary for a few important tests! :cry:

I practically had to demand one and give her a reason why I should have one.

And even worse still because of where I live if I get a midwife she wont be attending the birth so will have random hospital one who wont know me, or my babies development. Heaven forbid I even get one!

This rate going to have to deliver my own first baby.

OMG girl I'm so sorry you're going thru this!!

Ask your GP if they can prescribe Diclectin. I'm on it and it's wonderful stuff!!

Does NZ only have midwives? I chose a OB for my doctor. My GP doesn't have her OB or hospital license, just a family doctor.

Midwives are free in NZ but if you want an OB you have to be willing to pay $3000 if not more for that care as its considered "going private" :cry:

Anyone else have good days and bad days? Some days I swear the Nausea is on it's way out then the next I'm knocked off my feet sick. So annoying! Just ready to feel better ugh!

Havent been on here in a couple of weeks. Having such a bad time with medical professionals, makes me just want to sit and :cry:

- Still no midwife been trying for about a month now, they never get back to me and majority of them are now booked out!
- Had terrible nausea and my GP prescribed Odansetrone (sp) wafers and I read the packet and says not to take in the first trimester :wacko: so now im just puking in the garden, in carparks and everywhere and feeling terrible all the time.
- Because I have no midwife went back to my GP who neither gave me request for blood tests (as im approaching 13 weeks) and I had to argue for a 13 week scan which I thought was necessary for a few important tests! :cry:

I practically had to demand one and give her a reason why I should have one.

And even worse still because of where I live if I get a midwife she wont be attending the birth so will have random hospital one who wont know me, or my babies development. Heaven forbid I even get one!

This rate going to have to deliver my own first baby.

OMG girl I'm so sorry you're going thru this!!

Ask your GP if they can prescribe Diclectin. I'm on it and it's wonderful stuff!!

Does NZ only have midwives? I chose a OB for my doctor. My GP doesn't have her OB or hospital license, just a family doctor.

Midwives are free in NZ but if you want an OB you have to be willing to pay $3000 if not more for that care as its considered "going private" :cry:

Wow! I guess our provincial medical plans cover an OB.

Anyone else have good days and bad days? Some days I swear the Nausea is on it's way out then the next I'm knocked off my feet sick. So annoying! Just ready to feel better ugh!

Yep. Felt good for two days. Have felt close to death for the last 3. :thumbup:

Yep. Felt good for two days. Have felt close to death for the last 3. :thumbup:

Nausea for me is a non-issue most of the time because I'm taking Diclectin, but I feel totally wiped out most days. I'm falling asleep on the couch and then I try to go to bed and I'm wide awake. I'd sleep on the couch, but it's really not all that comfortable. I didn't sleep today which is a plus because I have to train my body to stay awake so I can function when I find a job. Going to wait another 10 days (length of my refill) and then try to ween myself off the diclectin. Hopefully I won't need it much longer, it's starting to get expensive. $25.20 every 10 days! (3 pills a day) and that's 50% covered on my medical plan.

Man I wish I had a different job:(. We found out today that because I'm self employeed my healthcare will not cover anything. We will be out around $2000 for just our Dr. And between $12,000 to $15,000 for the hospital bill. :( but we were already saving thank God. On a happier note though baby looks great and was jumping around like crazy! Feeling so very blessed! How are you ladies?

Hello all :D

I am due September 13th, with my second child. My DS is 20.5 months old.

This pregnancy so far is very different to my first. I have been completely knocked out from all day morning sickness and fatigue since day 1.

How is everyone else doing?

Man I wish I had a different job:(. We found out today that because I'm self employeed my healthcare will not cover anything. We will be out around $2000 for just our Dr. And between $12,000 to $15,000 for the hospital bill. :( but we were already saving thank God. On a happier note though baby looks great and was jumping around like crazy! Feeling so very blessed! How are you ladies?

OMG! How expensive! We are lucky that we get all mw care and ob/gyn if needed free plus 2 scabs and delivery. Wow! I'm shocked!

Hi ladies sorry not been on here in a while been very busy hope you're all okay? I still can't fine baby's heartbeat on my
Doppler :( it makes me so sad. I've got my 12 wk scan on Monday so please all keep your fingers crossed for me!! I will be 12 weeks exactly so they should be able to see everything, right? Argh I'm just sick with worry that something is wrong because I've not put any weight on, no morning sickness and then can't find HB. Also are we allowed deep fried brie?! I've read we can so I had some but now MW said no!! Oops!! Xx

Hi ladies sorry not been on here in a while been very busy hope you're all okay? I still can't fine baby's heartbeat on my
Doppler :( it makes me so sad. I've got my 12 wk scan on Monday so please all keep your fingers crossed for me!! I will be 12 weeks exactly so they should be able to see everything, right? Argh I'm just sick with worry that something is wrong because I've not put any weight on, no morning sickness and then can't find HB. Also are we allowed deep fried brie?! I've read we can so I had some but now MW said no!! Oops!! Xx

awe I got my fingers crossed for you...and on a other side of the coin I hate you for saying deep fried brie cuz that sounds delicious and it hadn't even been on my radar....

My doc said as long as the soft cheese we can't have (Brie, goat, ect) is cooked then it is fine!

I wouldn't worry too much, my nurse brought the office Doppler home and couldn't find our heartbeat. I'm 10 weeks. She said its hard to find until about 14 weeks. I went in for u/s and there it was beating strong at 162. I've actually lost 5 lbs but my dr. Said that can be very normal. Good luck:)

It's very difficult to find HB early on. Don't assume there's something wrong

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

More "spotting" this morning. It's actually more than a little spotting and it's enough that I am freaked out. Waiting for the MW to call me back. No cramping or pain so I don't want to go to the ER where nasty germs live.

Still waiting for the call back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->