*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I definitely do not have the patience to be team yellow!!! But that's great you have a plan :)

Is it ever safe to color or highlight your hair during pregnancy? I just wondered. It is warming up and I would like to do some highlights, but...recognize this is probably a 'no'. Thoughts?

Looong week. I slept in and feel great. How is everyone doing? :coffee:

I am....so tired.....of ms.....and exaustion....just had my cleaning woman clean the vomit from my shower....totally ready to crawl under a rock and die. She's so lovely though, told her I'd pay her extra and she said nonsense it's her job to clean everything and she's happy it means the baby is doing well. this woman is so getting a raise next month

I am....so tired.....of ms.....and exaustion....just had my cleaning woman clean the vomit from my shower....totally ready to crawl under a rock and die. She's so lovely though, told her I'd pay her extra and she said nonsense it's her job to clean everything and she's happy it means the baby is doing well. this woman is so getting a raise next month

:-( So sorry. Have you spoken to your Dr? Maybe you need something prescribed? :hugs:

:-( So sorry. Have you spoken to your Dr? Maybe you need something prescribed? :hugs:

yeah I mentioned my ms to my doctor and she was so booked and rushed to get me out she was all oh its normal be grateful for it. and just rushed me out. am thinking of switching to another doctor or trying to find a midwife...so hard in mexico though

kassiaethne-I am sorry your Dr. ran you off without hearing you out. You shouldn't have to suffer!! Pregnancy is rough, yes, but come on, it is 2013!!! Hope you can make the switch or get a response from your Dr.

kassiaethne-I am sorry your Dr. ran you off without hearing you out. You shouldn't have to suffer!! Pregnancy is rough, yes, but come on, it is 2013!!! Hope you can make the switch or get a response from your Dr.

lol that is what my husband said. We know another couple who were ttc longer then us, and she ended up pregnant at the same time as me. So we are going to ask who is their doctor. This current one is suppose to be one of the best but I think she just stretches herself to thin and I take forever to get ahold of her. We don't get pregnancy covered in our insurance here so I pay 150 dollars per visit for 10 mins of "yes yes yes you are fine good good bye." very frustrating.

gatorj - highlights are fine as they dont touch your scalp (which is where the worry comea from although there is no evidence)

i hhave my 12 week scan on thurs and im absolutely terrified! i had a scan at 9 weeks and everything was fine but im still worrying!

iv been feeling much better the last few days - iv managed not to sleep in the day and iv eaten every meal so far! :)

just going to catch up on the thread x

Do you ladies have any ideas on how to stay hydrated? What's the best thing to eat? I vomit some but mostly just diarrhea sorry tmi but it's like 15-20 times a day:( I'm just so scared I'm going to get dehydrated and hurt baby. I'm drinking Gatorade and electrolytes.

Is it ever safe to color or highlight your hair during pregnancy? I just wondered. It is warming up and I would like to do some highlights, but...recognize this is probably a 'no'. Thoughts?

Highlighting is fine as the colour doesn't touch your scalp with the foils!

Do you ladies have any ideas on how to stay hydrated? What's the best thing to eat? I vomit some but mostly just diarrhea sorry tmi but it's like 15-20 times a day:( I'm just so scared I'm going to get dehydrated and hurt baby. I'm drinking Gatorade and electrolytes.

I like to suck on ice cubes throughout the day too, and eat frozen juice popcicles. I can't drink a ton of water at one time or I puke, but I always keep a full glass of water near me to sip and suck on frozen liquid all day to help

Lucozade!

I'm hopefully seeing the midwife on 25/26 feb and I have my scan on 5 march. Seems ages away!!!

I only found it recently and it took ages. I have a tilted uterus so it's harder. You might have that too.. Don't worry too much x

yep i'm tilted too, i still cannot find it abdominally, but vaginally i can find it within 5 seconds. i only have to put the tip of the doppler in (we're talking maybe half an inch, maybe less... just enough so the black tip is completely enclosed (i think it blocks out all external sounds, makes it easier?) i don't have to use the gel either... tilt it around til you find your own hb from your femoral artery and then whirl it around for a few seconds and you will prob find it.

my doc told me that since my uterus is tilted, they may have to do my 12 and 18 week scans vaginally also depending on how long it takes for it to pop out of my pelvic region

my doc said while theres no evidence suggesting its bad, she wouldn't recommend it. i personally was so distracted by TTC after our wedding that i completely forgot about my hair... i have brown hair and i dyed it blonde for my wedding... that was in september, and taking the prenatal vitamins has sped up my hair growth process... you can imagine 5 months later, i'm looking like some serious white trash with 3 inches of brown roots and blonde down below, and i'm too scared to re-dye it, so i'm just going to look ridiculous until lil goober pops out and worry about it then hahaha

Best solution for dehydration is to sip on pedialight! It's high concentrated, and just take small sips, or I've frozen them in ice cube trays if you have trouble keeping stuff down :)

I hope so as I'm booked in for mine doing next week, no way I can go 9 months without getting my roots sorted out, I already look like a tramp after 2 months since I last had them done! I heard it's fine apart from your skin can be more sensitive during pregnancy even to products you've been fine with before, but as others have said highlights don't really touch the skin so should be ok.

Symptoms seem to be calming down here and I feel much more myself, which is great! Still have some annoying hip/ pelvic girdle pain that gets so much worse when I've been pushing my daughter around in her pushchair for a few hours! There's been 1 occasion where I seized up so much that I couldn't physically sit down but usually I seize a little after I've sat down comfortably for a little while and then I can't get up! I had it last time but that was from about 20 weeks when Tanwen was very active and I had a pronounced bump already! This one seems to be a little live wire too! I'm definitely feeling movement every so often most days now, which is very reassuring but makes me a little bit concerned at how exhausted I'll be when he's born and is a few months old and I have an active baby and an active toddler! :haha::dohh:

On the downside I STILL haven't received my booking appointment and scan date letter! Went into the drs yesterday and I've definitely been referred to the antenatal clinic, even though I've not heard anything back! Doctor was great though and has flagged the referral on the system for me by resending it! I wouldn't mind but I've been waiting 3 weeks now and am over 10 weeks gone so time's kind of running short! :growlmad:

Beca :wave:

on the subject of hair/skin-anyone else have changes they have noticed? i have broken out more, but man..my face is soo dry. nothing seems to work. my curly hair isn't as curly and besides the weather being dry (which obv affects curls), nothing else has changed.?? sometimes i wonder if these changes are also hormonal.

my doc said while theres no evidence suggesting its bad, she wouldn't recommend it. i personally was so distracted by TTC after our wedding that i completely forgot about my hair... i have brown hair and i dyed it blonde for my wedding... that was in september, and taking the prenatal vitamins has sped up my hair growth process... you can imagine 5 months later, i'm looking like some serious white trash with 3 inches of brown roots and blonde down below, and i'm too scared to re-dye it, so i'm just going to look ridiculous until lil goober pops out and worry about it then hahaha

I can only imagine how frustrated you are with your hair! I would go nuts!! Hats? Colorful scarfs?? Lol! I too let highlighting go in December thinking, no, I will do later..and then conceived..;-)

I'm a hair stylist and it's perfectly safe to color your hair, just make sure you are in a ventilated area. If you're worried you could always go with te foil highlights or lowlights (since it doesn't touch your roots) I even asked my Dr. Since I color my own hair and she said its completely safe. Although I will tell you what I tell all of my pregnant clients, you're extra sensitive hormones can actually alter how the color turns out. Usually the blonde won't be as bright or reds won't be as rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->