*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

on the subject of hair/skin-anyone else have changes they have noticed? i have broken out more, but man..my face is soo dry. nothing seems to work. my curly hair isn't as curly and besides the weather being dry (which obv affects curls), nothing else has changed.?? sometimes i wonder if these changes are also hormonal.

OMG I am sooooo spotty!

Do you ladies have any ideas on how to stay hydrated? What's the best thing to eat? I vomit some but mostly just diarrhea sorry tmi but it's like 15-20 times a day:( I'm just so scared I'm going to get dehydrated and hurt baby. I'm drinking Gatorade and electrolytes.

Oh geez girl!! Gatorade will make diarrhea worse!! Can you try to get some Pedialite from the pharmacy? Or if you can, get the G20 Gatorade and water it down a lot (like 3:1). The excess sugar is not good for you, G20 only has 20 calories too. Even flavoured water will help. I have a jug of Brita water in the fridge and I put cucumber slices, mint, lemon, and whatever else I fancy into it and let it sit overnight.

Is it ever safe to color or highlight your hair during pregnancy? I just wondered. It is warming up and I would like to do some highlights, but...recognize this is probably a 'no'. Thoughts?

Looong week. I slept in and feel great. How is everyone doing? :coffee:

my doc said while theres no evidence suggesting its bad, she wouldn't recommend it. i personally was so distracted by TTC after our wedding that i completely forgot about my hair... i have brown hair and i dyed it blonde for my wedding... that was in september, and taking the prenatal vitamins has sped up my hair growth process... you can imagine 5 months later, i'm looking like some serious white trash with 3 inches of brown roots and blonde down below, and i'm too scared to re-dye it, so i'm just going to look ridiculous until lil goober pops out and worry about it then hahaha

Mine said it was OK to colour hair after the first trimester as long as you don't leave it on for too long. Or, get foils done.

Do you ladies have any ideas on how to stay hydrated? What's the best thing to eat? I vomit some but mostly just diarrhea sorry tmi but it's like 15-20 times a day:( I'm just so scared I'm going to get dehydrated and hurt baby. I'm drinking Gatorade and electrolytes.

Oh geez girl!! Gatorade will make diarrhea worse!! Can you try to get some Pedialite from the pharmacy? Or if you can, get the G20 Gatorade and water it down a lot (like 3:1). The excess sugar is not good for you, G20 only has 20 calories too. Even flavoured water will help. I have a jug of Brita water in the fridge and I put cucumber slices, mint, lemon, and whatever else I fancy into it and let it sit overnight.

Yikes!!! I didn't know that! wonder I'm going every 30 minutes... I drank a 64 oz Gatorade today! Lol Thanks for the tip about the Brita water pitcher also! I will def give it a try. If this gets worse by tomorrow I'll go to convenient care. I don't want to get dehydrated!

Hi everyone, I just dicovered this thread. I am due September 23, can I join ?
I'm 9 weeks expecting #1 and my 2nd ultrasound will be 14 of March. Can't wait!

Congrats and welcome!!:flower:

Yikes!!! I didn't know that! wonder I'm going every 30 minutes... I drank a 64 oz Gatorade today! Lol Thanks for the tip about the Brita water pitcher also! I will def give it a try. If this gets worse by tomorrow I'll go to convenient care. I don't want to get dehydrated!

No problem. I bought myself one of the Brita water bottles too. It takes a few bottles to get the charcoal taste out, but I love it. The water here has a lot of chemical in it right now due to run off. I was having a hard time drinking plain water so I started playing with flavours. The diluted G20 Gatorade helped me when I was really feeling dehydrated, but don't rely on it. The Pedialite is great. Just make sure if you're drinking a lot of water to have some salt. I made the mistake once when we were at Universal Studios of drinking WAY too much water and ended up in the infirmary on IV and a splitting headache because my electrolytes were way out of wack (nice vacation eh?). Just sip the water every few minutes instead of downing a whole lot at one time. Your body will only absorb so much at once, and it won't make your stomach hurt :)

Getting ready to go to the playground with my kiddies! Could really just go back to sleep tho :haha: OH was on night shift last night so if I get out the flat for a few hours at least he can sleep a bit without noisy kids running round!

Welcome to the group! Congrats!!

My baby went to heaven on the 13th of February. ��

iv dyed my hair, didnt last time but did last mth, my skin is all spotty, face is dry n getting dandruf because of the dryness, n look bloated n fat, my confidence couldnt handle roots too! felt a lil guilty incase that was wrong but i went for a ten min low amonia no peroxide one to limit the v.low risk.

made it to 10weeks without telling any one :happydance: so excited im sure ill make it now till after the scan to announce our news, yey :happydance:

iv dyed my hair, didnt last time but did last mth, my skin is all spotty, face is dry n getting dandruf because of the dryness, n look bloated n fat, my confidence couldnt handle roots too! felt a lil guilty incase that was wrong but i went for a ten min low amonia no peroxide one to limit the v.low risk.

made it to 10weeks without telling any one :happydance: so excited im sure ill make it now till after the scan to announce our news, yey :happydance:

You're probably perfectly fine! Good on you for doing the low amonia/peroxide route. I'll have to look for those.

I would be going mental by now if I hadn't started telling people! I think I let the cat out of the bag at 8 weeks. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->