*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Ok this is a question for the mommys that have a little one at home my daughter is 15 months and if anther child her age or younger try's to hit her or hits her she doesn't hit back or try to protect her self yesterday my niece hit her while I put both of them in the play n pack and my daughter just crys is it normal she used to grab things like anther child's hair or hand but now she doesn't do it any more ever sence I taught her not to do it it scares me that she can't protect her self

My 13 month old and my 2.5 year old do not hit back. Doesn't sound out of the norm to me. i sure once she gets older she will have no problem defending herself

No early scan for me. Ended up coming down with something (a cold, bad allergies?) so I'm heading home straight from my training. We won't be back in the "big city" for another week or two and by then, I might as well wait for my regular scan. Trying to take things day-by-day and not rush to the next step. Still realllly want to know though!

Hello everyone :wave:

Congratulations to those who have found out the sex of their baby. So cute :flower:

I had my gender scan today, we are having a little girl :pink: :cloud9:

Quick question: when should you go to your doctor for sickness. I have either a cold or the flu but no fever (yet anyways). I'm good unless I get a fever of >101°F, right? Miserable (due to limited medications availables for preggos) but nothing harmful to baby unless there's a fever involved. Is that right?

Quick question: when should you go to your doctor for sickness. I have either a cold or the flu but no fever (yet anyways). I'm good unless I get a fever of >101°F, right? Miserable (due to limited medications availables for preggos) but nothing harmful to baby unless there's a fever involved. Is that right?
Correct

BTW, Kaili I meant to mention this to you. I was inspired by your Mazda CX-5 post as DH and I had been planning on replacing his little tin can car with 150,000 miles on it for something a little bit more family friendly. We looked at the CX-5 and absolutely loved it! We ended up going with a Subaru Forester for a couple of reasons, but both longingly look at the CX-5s whenever they drive past because they are really such good looking cars. Hope you are enjoying it!

hey!! congrats on the forester! we also were looking at that one, but the gas mileage seemed a bit better on the cx-5 (although the cx-5 i will admit is SLOW AS CRAP, i'm used to driving a turbo-charged car, so the switch has made me feel like now i can barely get up a hill LOL)... i liked the interior of the subaru and how it felt while driving, but i like the cx-5 exterior better and found a really really awesome deal... that AND my husband is a die-hard Mitsubishi fan (we're talking t-shirts, custom jackets, 3 mitsubishi cars, posteres, calendars, the works) and mitsubishi rival is subaru, he didn't want his wife driving around town in a subaru, or showing up to his mitsubishi car meetups in a subi LOL

well since tomorrow is Friday, just so you don't have to pay weekend Emergency fees, I'd say if you're feeling a little worse, get yourself to the doc just in case Saturday or Sunday you get really bad..

i was sick about 3 or 4 weeks ago with mild fever and a bad head cold and my OB said unfortunately all you can do is take tylenol and sleep as much as you can. if it seems head cold related, try neti potting, it's natural and it REALLY helped me :)

Congrats on all the mom's who've found out the gender! Love the pics Kylarsmom!

massoma8489 - I have a 15 month old daughter that does hit back but I would prefer her not to :shrug: I don't want to condone hitting at all. I don't see it as self-defense but retaliation. If she ever got hit in school later on, I wouldn't want her hitting back either...I'd rather her tell the teacher so the hitting could be stopped all-together. Maybe that's just me, but either way she's quite young I wouldn't worry about it :hugs:

I did a gender reveal party at work today. We had the ultrasound yesterday afternoon and I told them I would bring either a blue or pink cake. Most ofthem said pink. haha

Such a cute idea! Congrats!!

More! we did a gender reveal party for the family on my side and my husbands side! Then those professional photos were what we used to announce it on facebook! So much fuN!

What a fun idea! Cute pics!!

I have a scan tomorrow and I will only be 17 + 1 or 2 (although according to LMP I would be 18+2) When I emailed asking to schedule I was asking to schedule for the anomaly scan and was thinking they would schedule it closer to 20 weeks but when they called he suggested tomorrow. I asked if they would be able to see everything they need to at 17 weeks and he said it wouldnt be a problem. everything Ive read says 18-22 weeks is best and closer to 20 is idea. Anyone have anomaly scan at 17 weeks??

Thanks ladies for the reply its hard as a mother not to worry much I don't want to ice late her from other kids but I had to do it at least from my niece she scracts her to the point were she bleed

Thanks ladies for the reply its hard as a mother not to worry much I don't want to ice late her from other kids but I had to do it at least from my niece she scracts her to the point were she bleed

Poor thing. My kids didn't hit at that age but now they are older they will defend themselves! They know not to start a fight but I won't have them victimized if they're being picked on. I was bullied at school and never stood up for myself and was miserable. I don't want them to go through the same!

If that is your neice, a simple scratch is one thing but if she is doing it out of anger to the point of bleeding, maybe you should talk to her parents and see if they have noticed. If she is young, she has learned that behavior from somewhere and isnt being taught not to. If she is doing it when her parents are gone and you are in charge, I see no problem with you reprimanding her for scratching your daughter. I am not saying hit her or scream at her but a simple scolding or timeout is often punishment enougb to teach small kids a lesson

I have a scan tomorrow and I will only be 17 + 1 or 2 (although according to LMP I would be 18+2) When I emailed asking to schedule I was asking to schedule for the anomaly scan and was thinking they would schedule it closer to 20 weeks but when they called he suggested tomorrow. I asked if they would be able to see everything they need to at 17 weeks and he said it wouldnt be a problem. everything Ive read says 18-22 weeks is best and closer to 20 is idea. Anyone have anomaly scan at 17 weeks??

The earliest anomaly scan (for 20 weeks) that i had was 18 weeks. With DS1 they couldnt get the measurements of the heart and kidneys properly, so i had to go back a few weeks later...nice excuse to see the baby again tho :haha: I went at 19 weeks w DS2 and they got everything they needed. Im going at 18 weeks this time. The tech is much more experienced and the machine is the best out there, so im not anticipating needing to go back again. Worse case is they make you go back in a few weeks if they cant collect evreything they need

saw the mw this morning. my pb is 55/90 so on the low ish side, she said this is prob the cause of the dizziness n headaches. heard babys heart beat (i had to request it) was 120-140bpm hope thats ok, she said it should b about double my heart. we discussed birth options again n im put off the birth center thats 50mins away (in no traffic) as they only staff one mw to every two rooms, so im back on the home birth plan. i dont want medicalised poking about in labour but i need the one to one support and encouragement. they said there happy to bail out a hb at any stage if i change my mind or arent coping in labour. they put ambulance on stand by so it will only b a 4min drive in if i had complications. time to look into classes to help get me ready. any one know of any in uk?

If that is your neice, a simple scratch is one thing but if she is doing it out of anger to the point of bleeding, maybe you should talk to her parents and see if they have noticed. If she is young, she has learned that behavior from somewhere and isnt being taught not to. If she is doing it when her parents are gone and you are in charge, I see no problem with you reprimanding her for scratching your daughter. I am not saying hit her or scream at her but a simple scolding or timeout is often punishment enougb to teach small kids a lesson

Agree with this. I see it as a problem with disciplining your niece....not with teaching your daughter to fight back :shrug: It's better to try and put an end to your niece's behaviour rather than have them both scratching and hitting each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->