*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I would like to hear responses to gators question as well

Happy weekend ladies!!

This is a general question-maybe those out there with little ones can weigh in- where does one begin to know what they will need for the baby? I know most things are obvious-crib, car seat, bottles..but when it comes down to it, how to you figure the safest/best stuff to buy? I know it is early but I am trying to wrap my head around these things?!

So happy to sleep in this morning..Hope you all are feeling good.:coffee:

I just made a list of all the things we needed for baby. Then I went one-by-one through the list and searched online, compared prices, looked for deals, and read reviews (for all the big things anyway). Some things - like bottles - you won't know which kind you'll need till the baby shows up and gives preference... so you'll want to try a few different brands and just buy one of each.

When I had my first I felt the same way. She actually never had a nipple preference, but she was both breast and formula fed from her first week of life so she got used to the two types of nipples (mine and the only bottles I ever bought). It was the same with the pacifier, she had no preference. But like Melissa said, don't go overboard with one type in case the LO doesn't take to a certain kind.
As for the safest, you can research various products and their reviews and use your personal judgement on them. :)

PS. I'm going to be making my list of things very soon too!

Thanks ladies!!! Did you find a resource (e.g. compiled data) that had reviews? I feel like someone mentioned to me a book or something that was published yearly on baby items...not sure..

Also-anyone else having cravings for things they are NOT supposed to eat? I am dying to have sashimi...UG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer, wine, goat cheese, runny eggs.. I want it all!!

Yep I want sushi!! And beer... And wine :rofl:

My OB told me sushi was perfectly fine if you don't have the ones with raw fish in them. California rolls, yam rolls and avocado rolls are my favourites anyways. I just get them to put the spicy tuna sauce on them to curb my craving for that one.

I found a variety of brie and camembert that I can have because it's made with pasteurized milk. I always ask at restaurants if they use raw egg in their caesar salad dressing.

Ultimately, we can't follow every single rule out there because many of the contradict themselves.

My OB told me sushi was perfectly fine if you don't have the ones with raw fish in them. California rolls, yam rolls and avocado rolls are my favourites anyways. I just get them to put the spicy tuna sauce on them to curb my craving for that one.

I found a variety of brie and camembert that I can have because it's made with pasteurized milk. I always ask at restaurants if they use raw egg in their caesar salad dressing.

Good deal! I always worry they prepare those rolls on the same surfaces as the raw fish. I really do crave raw tuna and salmon tho...

I will have to look for pasteurized brie and Camembert!! I have not seen in the US-anyone else? Maybe Whole Foods/Fresh Market??

Good deal! I always worry they prepare those rolls on the same surfaces as the raw fish. I really do crave raw tuna and salmon tho...

I will have to look for pasteurized brie and Camembert!! I have not seen in the US-anyone else? Maybe Whole Foods/Fresh Market??

you can always ask them to clean the surface in front of you before they prepare yours (I dont like sushi but my friend loves it and is pregnant and they always are willing to clean the surface right in front of her before they prepare her rolls)

As for me, I WANT A BEER SO BAD haha :) Being pregnant all summer without beer is going to be hard ;-)

I get the ones in the box that are not usually in the deli section, they're with the other cheeses. Those are pasteurized...if in doubt ask the deli, they may have an ingredient list. They have them at most of the major grocery stores here...Safeway, Save-On Foods, Superstore, IGA, Coopers, Walmart....

Also-anyone else having cravings for things they are NOT supposed to eat? I am dying to have sashimi...UG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alcohol, mainy beer (but I love beer). Sushi, but I best stay away from all of it because if I get a taste I'm going to want the stuff I really can't have. Haha. Various lunch meats, I'm not the biggest fan in the first place and i especially I don't like them heated so I just don't eat them at all. Lol

I just had a mad beer craving tonight. OH went out and got some dealcoholized stuff for me :) And the same brand but normal for him. Just have to be careful and read before drinking!

Beer, wine, goat cheese, runny eggs.. I want it all!!

Most goat cheese you buy at the grocery store is pasteurized (which means it's okay)....just check the label :) I've been eating loads of it, yum!

Ultimately, we can't follow every single rule out there because many of the contradict themselves.

I've been making my own veggie sushi at home and it's good but I would LOVE to have some with raw fish :lol: 5.5 more months haha I can wait

I just had a mad beer craving tonight. OH went out and got some dealcoholized stuff for me :) And the same brand but normal for him. Just have to be careful and read before drinking!

I have some Beck's non-alcoholic beer...it's okay but not quite the same as a nice cold Corona :haha:

Now I'm craving beer too!! Lol!! I saw an add for "Summer shandy" which I love... Dang!

im craving fray and bentos gravy meatballs which would be fine but they are the biggest trigger for my IBS! so unfair!!

ive been craving potato chips, and not just one. the entire bag all at once is what i crave.

Omg ladies I just have to share, I had a very heated dream last night...about Harry Potter!!! Lmao! Geez these hormones are crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->