*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I still have 17 days left till my scan and they won't even tell me that day what the sex is. I have to make an appointment with my doctor. I just don't know how long it takes to get the results. I ended up booking a day off work on the 25th so I can schedule it that day. Work still doesn't know yet, but I have a feeling the ladies I work close to have suspicions.

I can't remember why you don't want to tell work?

Why won't the u/s tech tell you the sex? Maybe if you just asked them to show you a picture of that area you can guess? That's what we had to do with my second daughter

I have a scan tomorrow and I will only be 17 + 1 or 2 (although according to LMP I would be 18+2) When I emailed asking to schedule I was asking to schedule for the anomaly scan and was thinking they would schedule it closer to 20 weeks but when they called he suggested tomorrow. I asked if they would be able to see everything they need to at 17 weeks and he said it wouldnt be a problem. everything Ive read says 18-22 weeks is best and closer to 20 is idea. Anyone have anomaly scan at 17 weeks??

The earliest anomaly scan (for 20 weeks) that i had was 18 weeks. With DS1 they couldnt get the measurements of the heart and kidneys properly, so i had to go back a few weeks later...nice excuse to see the baby again tho :haha: I went at 19 weeks w DS2 and they got everything they needed. Im going at 18 weeks this time. The tech is much more experienced and the machine is the best out there, so im not anticipating needing to go back again. Worse case is they make you go back in a few weeks if they cant collect evreything they need

Im glad we went because the lady didnt have any problems getting measurements that she needed and said baby was cooperating and was "easy" for her. I found out Im actually 17+4 according to the scan (18 according to LMP and I thought I was 17+1 or 2 so right in the middle pretty much lol) and we found out we are having a little girl!! My scan with our son was at 18+5 and they didnt have any issues then either so maybe it just depends on who is doing it and what equipment they have? Im also glad we went because insurance covers 80% but APril 1st is when our plan changes a bit and then it goes to $100 copay THEN 80% so I just saved 100 bucks ;-)

congrats on team :pink:!!!!

and can't blame ya for wanting to get that in before april! I hate how experience health insurance can be in this country!

Yay congrats!!! Another :pink:

Thank you! I just saw your signature about natural bfp after trying clomid and other things, how amazing!! I love the name Ava by the way!

This is my second pregnancy and second clomid baby (first round of clomid both times, I feel very blessed for that) We are naming her Paisley and her brother is Parker :)

So I'm 14+5 today. I ate some green beans with my DD at lunchtime and apparently my body couldn't handle the excitement.... That was only my second time throwing up this entire pregnancy.... And unfortunately I took my prenatal with the beans (I like to have something in my stomach when I take them, it makes taking them easier). I'm not sure if I threw up the pills or not (I didn't see them, but I wasn't exactly looking and I couldn't see the bottom of the bowl) so I'm just waiting until tomorrow to take more.
I got really scared too because I noticed some blood in the toilet too. Since I haven't been throwing up my esophogas and such isn't raw. However, I figured it why.... And it's terribly disgusting too. Sometimes when I throw up, bits of food go up into my nasal passage (anyone else???) and I know that my nasal passages are very dry (I had a bloody nose a few nights ago) so thats where it came from... Yuck!
I just wish I knew why the green beans of all things caused it! A couple hours later I ate an orange and a cookie and felt just fine!

So I'm 14+5 today. I ate some green beans with my DD at lunchtime and apparently my body couldn't handle the excitement.... That was only my second time throwing up this entire pregnancy.... And unfortunately I took my prenatal with the beans (I like to have something in my stomach when I take them, it makes taking them easier). I'm not sure if I threw up the pills or not (I didn't see them, but I wasn't exactly looking and I couldn't see the bottom of the bowl) so I'm just waiting until tomorrow to take more.
I got really scared too because I noticed some blood in the toilet too. Since I haven't been throwing up my esophogas and such isn't raw. However, I figured it why.... And it's terribly disgusting too. Sometimes when I throw up, bits of food go up into my nasal passage (anyone else???) and I know that my nasal passages are very dry (I had a bloody nose a few nights ago) so thats where it came from... Yuck!
I just wish I knew why the green beans of all things caused it! A couple hours later I ate an orange and a cookie and felt just fine!

ugh no fun! :-(

Adopim...did you only eat green beans with the prenatal? Maybe it just wasn't enough food....sometimes if I take my vitamins on an empty or near-empty stomach I feel very nauseous and it has caused me to throw up before :wacko:

I had green beans and some Belvita biscuits. But the biscuits are a normal routine for me. I have them for either breakfast or lunch almost everyday. I switched prenatals a week an a half ago, but haven't had a problem with it until today. Haha. I suppose I do normally eat a bit more before I take the vitamin so that could be the issue from today.

Why won't the u/s tech tell you the sex? Maybe if you just asked them to show you a picture of that area you can guess? That's what we had to do with my second daughter

Because I only started on March 4. I know they can't fire me for being pregnant, but I want to prove myself first before saying anything.

They're not allowed to tell you in Canada. You're allowed to look and guess on your own. You're supposed to go to your doctor for the results and if necessary they'll schedule another scan. We have medical paid for here and if it's ordered by the doctor it's paid for.

Had our first bonfire and hot dog roast today! SO glad it's spring!

TIRED!!!!

20week scan is in 2.5 weeks :) not feeling much movement (only had the tickly feeling 2-3 times) but i do have a doppler so i know s/he is moving around loads! x

Because I only started on March 4. I know they can't fire me for being pregnant, but I want to prove myself first before saying anything.

They're not allowed to tell you in Canada. You're allowed to look and guess on your own. You're supposed to go to your doctor for the results and if necessary they'll schedule another scan. We have medical paid for here and if it's ordered by the doctor it's paid for.

I'm not sure what kind of work you are in, but in my line of work being out for more than a day or two is detrimental to the rest of the team, and if I waited until there were only around 4 months left in my pregnancy before telling me boss, she would be SO PISSED because the hiring process here takes like 6 months, and they'd need to have time to get a temporary contractor to cover for me. (I work at a university and I'm due in Sept, which is when classes start back) i told her right away, and she's currently in the process of hiring a temp as we speak. Though if I was new I suppose I'd be afraid as well to spill the beans, though they won't fire you for sure as that's got LAWSUIT written all over it lol

Ladies, I am wondering if I felt movement for the first time... In the middle of he night, I woke up and my belly felt really uncomfortable. So much so that I did not want to turn over. Then suddenly and very briefly, it was like bubbles or popcorn popping. I have never felt anything like it before! The reason I doubt myself is because the sensation seemed so high up from where the baby is, like more in my stomach? Interestingly, the discomfort went away immediately after and I could turn over no problem.

Baby or something else???

Ladies, I am wondering if I felt movement for the first time... In the middle of he night, I woke up and my belly felt really uncomfortable. So much so that I did not want to turn over. Then suddenly and very briefly, it was like bubbles or popcorn popping. I have never felt anything like it before! The reason I doubt myself is because the sensation seemed so high up from where the baby is, like more in my stomach? Interestingly, the discomfort went away immediately after and I could turn over no problem.

Baby or something else???

I would think if there was discomfort that then went away that it was more like gas or something else. However, I remember the first movements with my son always had me wondering if it was gas or the baby because they are similar feelings. But that was always down really low (until he was much bigger)

Happy weekend ladies!!

This is a general question-maybe those out there with little ones can weigh in- where does one begin to know what they will need for the baby? I know most things are obvious-crib, car seat, bottles..but when it comes down to it, how to you figure the safest/best stuff to buy? I know it is early but I am trying to wrap my head around these things?!

So happy to sleep in this morning..Hope you all are feeling good.:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->