*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Anake I had that with Erin as she was in a bad position. Her heart was fine but they couldn't see all 4 chambers at the 20wk scan so I had to go back.

I had to get a rescan for DS1. They couldn't get a good view of the heart and the kidneys. It's actually super common. I went back a couple weeks later. Everything was fine. As i said, it is a very common thing with 20 week scans. Rarely is there anything major wrong, just more that they can't see everything. Even though u/s i advanced technology those babies and their organs are still super small.

I agree, very common!! I had to go back to get another scan to look at the heart with both my girls...with DD1 I had to go back twice! And all is fine <3

Congrats to all those who found out the gender!

And those are super cute outfits....I love the colours...I want to buy boy clothes :lol:

Ok thanks ladies, I feel so much better now. Now I don't even care if we find out the sex as long as everything is OK!

Hey guys-just following up; I found a cute swimsuit! https://www.bellablumaternity.com/

It shipped really quickly too!!

Hey guys-just following up; I found a cute swimsuit! https://www.bellablumaternity.com/

awesome! looks like they have 10% off right now too :dance:

Yes-and they send you an email after your purchase with another 10% for return purchases...;-)

They were a little more $$ but it was hard to find something I really liked.

It is tough. Plus i find anything maternity/baby/wedding related to be overpriced as it is. Might as well get something you love. And if you have more children in the future, it will get even more use. I bought a mat swimsuite when i was pregnant with DS1. I got so much use out of it. We go to the ocean on a weekly basis and i go to a prenatal swimming class 2x per week. On top of that i used it with DS2 the same amount. Im halfway through my this pregnancy and its just now starting to fall apart (not really, the top is fine but the bottom skirt thingy is becoming see through). But anyways, i def feel that ive gotten my moneys worth.

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20130420_201426_zps7cb26832.jpg
This one is half done. This is the colour scheme we're going with for the baby's room. Rainbows!:)

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y252/anakerose/IMG_20130420_201510_zpsbe2231a3.jpg
Finished this one today!!

awesome! looks like they have 10% off right now too :dance:

I need another couple of swimsuits as we go to th beach every day in summer so we spend out lives in swimming suits :haha: I bought one online via asos.com, or was it .co.uk? I can't remember lol! Pregnancy brain :haha:

Those are gorgeous Anake! I'd love to learn to crochet, I'm not the worlds best knitter at the moment but sticking with it!

We are going with neutral brown colors with some light green and light blue pastels because we anticipate putting the baby in his own room from day 1. While bright colors are great for brain and eye development as they grow, they are really distracting to a newborn that you want to be asleep (thats why bright colored rattles and pacifiers keep babies occupied for longer, because they are like WTF what is this color I have never seen before??) And as brand new newborns, one of the first things they can see is colors (everything else, shapes, faces are just blurry blobs). My college degree was in infant and childhood development and we did loads of studies that asserted that babies and children have harder time falling asleep (and staying asleep) when surrounded by vibrant colors. We are going to have colorful stuff in the playroom and around the house but are keeping his sleeping quarters more plain so he can get used to the "this room is for sleeping only" concept.

True psychotherapists will tell adult patients that suffer from sleep disorders that they should have a separate room for sex and NOT have a tv in their room for the same reasons, but who follows that rule? LOL

kaili I wouldnt be too worried after 14 days.

nik25 added you hunni

Ladies i am so grateful for the swimming costume chat. I am off on holiday in may and completely forgot i will need a costume :dohh:

AnakeRose lovely pics :D sorry you couldn't get the sex. I wouldn't worry too much about the rescan we had to get chloe's kidney's rescanned last time round. Its often position,

marie_sims changed you to pink :D congratulations

nico82 yay for feeling baby move

ckylesworld updated hun, congratulations

Pink Petals if you got a scan report it may say on that where you placenta is. I know mine is posterior but only because i asked at my extra scan at 14 weeks

Mum2Micah congratulations on your little boy :D

placenta wise, i was anterior with daughter and posterior this time. And my movement has been so different. Much stronger this time. So i wouldn't worry if you are not feeling too much with anterior i didn't with chloe.

babydevil1989 congratulations on team :blue: lovely name also. Love the clothes

nico82 lovely names hunni

NellaB congratulations on team blue

So im 20+2 but still another 8 days until my 20 week scan at 21+3. I feel really jealous of those who have had theirs already, and not because of the sexing scans because we dont want to know sex anyway. 1st page updated

Our scan is in 8 days too, we arnt finding out the sex looking forward to my surprise at the end. Is exciting to hear what other people are having though.

We are going with neutral brown colors with some light green and light blue pastels because we anticipate putting the baby in his own room from day 1. While bright colors are great for brain and eye development as they grow, they are really distracting to a newborn that you want to be asleep (thats why bright colored rattles and pacifiers keep babies occupied for longer, because they are like WTF what is this color I have never seen before??) And as brand new newborns, one of the first things they can see is colors (everything else, shapes, faces are just blurry blobs). My college degree was in infant and childhood development and we did loads of studies that asserted that babies and children have harder time falling asleep (and staying asleep) when surrounded by vibrant colors. We are going to have colorful stuff in the playroom and around the house but are keeping his sleeping quarters more plain so he can get used to the "this room is for sleeping only" concept.

True psychotherapists will tell adult patients that suffer from sleep disorders that they should have a separate room for sex and NOT have a tv in their room for the same reasons, but who follows that rule? LOL
We will be sleeping her in her own room from day one as well. It's relatively neutral in there already. There is an entire wall that is a Disney mural type thing. It was all hand painted so the characters are quite small but the background is just blue and green. The curtains are purple but they are darkening curtains so the purple isn't evident when it's night and the big light is turned off (I'll post a picture later if I remember, lol)
I firmly believe in "room is for sleeping" when it comes to kids. I didn't allow my daughter to have any toys in her room until recently. Since she will be moving to the basement where her toys are, there won't be much I can do. She has a tv in there that I will be unplugging at night though (since she knows how to work it).
I don't follow my own rule, as I have a tv in my room but I'm hoping my kids can avoid the "TV as a pacifier" thing that I came to depend on as I grew up.

Those are gorgeous Anake! I'd love to learn to crochet, I'm not the worlds best knitter at the moment but sticking with it!

Believe it or not I only learned how to crochet a year or so ago. YouTube is my friend when it comes to crocheting! I can't read a pattern to save my life, but I can follow someone doing one on a video :)

OK sorry if you don't LIKE my decorating idea. We're not going crazy with rainbows in the baby's room, we're painting the walls a soft green and the furniture is brown. We're just using the rainbow inspiration as accent colours (ie blankets, pillows)...nothing too big and bold. Basically keeping it so it can be changed up at any time. We don't have a lot of money to spend on the perfect baby's room anyways so I'm using my imagination. I'm painting a lot of the free furniture I found on our local free-cycle page to match the crib we bought. Your baby room sounds nice, and it's your style, but it's not ours. We'll just agree to disagree on this one.

OK sorry if you don't LIKE my decorating idea. We're not going crazy with rainbows in the baby's room, we're painting the walls a soft green and the furniture is brown. We're just using the rainbow inspiration as accent colours (ie blankets, pillows)...nothing too big and bold. Basically keeping it so it can be changed up at any time. We don't have a lot of money to spend on the perfect baby's room anyways so I'm using my imagination. I'm painting a lot of the free furniture I found on our local free-cycle page to match the crib we bought. Your baby room sounds nice, and it's your style, but it's not ours. We'll just agree to disagree on this one.

wasn't saying I don't like your idea, you posted your theme comment and i posted mine about what ours will be like and why.

that being said, i wish i could have some sort of talent like crocheting, would be nice to have something made by momma like you have ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->