*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

hi ladies quick update from me, i had a consultant appointment on thursday at the maternity hospital as some of you may know i was given injections to do once a day everyday at 11wks pregnant, well i mentioned to the consultant since taking them iv been having a constant headache which gets worse when i lay down, she asked me and OH to wait outside and she would have a chat with the other consultant as it didnt sound good. she called us back about 5mins later and said she had rang A&E and I had to go over there a soon a i was done talking to her, that she booked a CT scan to be done on my brain incase of a bleed(due to the injections) . She done a odd sight and reaction test before I left. When I finally got called to triage they where waiting for me to go for the scan they strapped me up from my chest to waist in a weight type shield thing obviously because I'm pregnant and the scanner reassured me that the machine was at the lowest for radiation and baby wasn't at any risk due to my head being the main part scanned. Anyway thank god everything came back clear and they can't figure out why I have the constant headache and gave me some pills to take. Glad OH was there I was a bag of nerves and just wanted to burst into tears so so frightening I can't begin to tell you what was going threw my head went to the hospital at 1.00 and got out of A&E at 5:45 couldn't wait to go get my girls and go home
iv to go back tomorrow to see the consultant again at the hospital for more bloods etc x

I think I'm doing tan/khaki walls with pastel accents. Not sure what color accents yet but I was kind of thinking of doing a ballet theme so I guess we'd do pink if that's the case. I want a more neutral colored glider though since I'll likely use that for multiple babies. We aren't moving until I'm 35 weeks pregnant though so I won't get to start working on the nursery until then!

No TVs in the bedrooms was a rule for me growing up and I fully intend to keep that going for me and my kids! Although smart phones and tablets basically serve the same purpose anyways nowadays...

YoungNImum big :hugs: hope all turns out to be ok

We are hoping to move when baby is pretty young so wont do too much to the room, will save the money for the new house

my first pregnancy we didnt no the gender so we decided peach and theres lots of bits and bobs we got that went with the colour perfectly, when are little girl was born.

Thanks MTC im sure it will be,OH kept saying better to be safe and get all checked altho i just wonted to go home tbh x

I think rainbows will look cute :) And if you make it dark in the baby's room they won't see any colours while trying to go to sleep :winkwink:

Love the crochet blankets! I learned crochet from youtube as well haha but I've gotten pretty good at reading patterns now.

Our nursery is currently a beige/grayish colour on the walls dark furniture and pale pink accents....I'm hoping to redecorate it for this baby, but if it's a girl I'll have a hard time convincing hubby it's necessary :lol:

I also love to crochet mainly baby and kids hats i keep an album of all my makes, it passes the time once my girls have gone to bed x

i love that rainbow blanket!

I tried to learn to crochet but i just couldnt get it! :(

have a look on youtube its seems to help alot of people to learn as they show you each stitch aswell as telling you which stitch it is etc x

I've started feeling proper kicks this weekend. Daddy has even got to feel baby kicking away. The two times she has been most forceful with her kicks have been after I've eaten spicy food. I don't know if that means she loves or hates my spicy food affinity! :)

My kicking is the strongest after I drink A&W Cream Soda. Pretty sure she loves it just like how I have grown very fond of it lately.
Here is the bedroom (sorry for the messy bed. We haven't moved my 4 year old to the big bed downstairs just yet):
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/0D933D0E-F2F1-4B94-9868-59527D3D238D-1974-00000273DF352CD4_zps626a2c44.jpg
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/934008C4-9B94-4552-B43F-228BCF02F246-1974-00000273E61F9EE7_zps373b404f.jpg
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/kay8_88/484FB5A1-753A-4F41-BC8D-AA130EB4CF62-1974-00000273ED6D1948_zps3086af8a.jpg
The wall was completely hand painted (you can tell when you see it up close). The curtains don't completely match, but they didn't have a blue or green that matched. Haha. In a few years we'll be buying a bigger house so we won't be here forever but can't bring ourselves to paint over the Disney wall. :haha:

I have been craving Indian food literally for both lunch and dinner every day and he kicks like crazy every time I go to the buffet! Strange cuz typically I hate spicy food and Indian food

Just talked to my sister and accidentally dropped a pronoun to describe baby. I intentionally dropped the opposite gender pronoun later and then referred to her as "it" the rest of the convo. Hope she didn't figure me out!! Two weeks is going to be a long time to keep this gender a secret!!!

20-week scan on Wednesday! Hoping to confirm gender in addition to making sure baby is healthy!

So tell me if I'm being silly... My sister is due 10 weeks before me and we were discussing baby names. My hubby and I decided on a name and I told her.. She says that's on her short list of 6 namesand we need a back up.. I'm shattered as we were really set on it and don't like any other names.

I'm really upset but am I just being silly. Should I suck it up and go back to the drawing board?

Seriously what Are the chances of coming up with the same name!!

So tell me if I'm being silly... My sister is due 10 weeks before me and we were discussing baby names. My hubby and I decided on a name and I told her.. She says that's on her short list of 6 namesand we need a back up.. I'm shattered as we were really set on it and don't like any other names.

I'm really upset but am I just being silly. Should I suck it up and go back to the drawing board?

She has a list of 6 names and she can't give you that one considering it is the only one you have? Did you tell her that you have your heart set on that name?
I actually don't think you are being silly. Just because she is due 10 weeks before you doesn't mean that you should have to give up the name you really want, IMO. Especially if she has a list....
It is crazy that you came up with the same name though!

She has a list of 6 names and she can't give you that one considering it is the only one you have? Did you tell her that you have your heart set on that name?
I actually don't think you are being silly. Just because she is due 10 weeks before you doesn't mean that you should have to give up the name you really want, IMO. Especially if she has a list....

I agree with this!
I think if your heart is set on it you should totally go for it. And if u solidified that for certain now and started referring to your baby as that name NOW it may just deter her enough from using it. When u refer to ur LO, just use the name when possible. I'm guessing she will back off. Hope that doesn't sound rude but I think it could work. She has six other names to choose from, she will get over it.

well ladies i have been away for a while due to the fact the the husband has been crazy busy with training before he deploys and i have been getting school done with finals this week

just a little update it looks like we are having a little girl!!!! we found out around 15 weeks with a 3d/4d scan and there is no doubt that it is a girl as you guys can see :) have an anatmoy scan on the 29th!

its good to see everyone else finding out the sex of there little jelly beans also soon we will be posting pictures of our little ones acutally here with us.

Attachments

• 15wk5d3.jpg
    15wk5d3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 15wk5d2.jpg
    15wk5d2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 15wk5d.jpg
    15wk5d.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 3

I do not think you are being silly at all. You said the name first and that is the ONLY name you have chosen, for her to tell you that you need a backup name is a bit inexcusable if you ask me. I would have been completely insulted if she told me that, and what you could do is just name your baby what you want to name him/her regardless of what your sister chooses, and if they have the same name then so-be-it. If I were you I'd talk about it with my parents and with my sister again and let her know that that is the name I have chosen and am going to go with it regardless. It is not fair that you have already made a decision and should have to change your mind because of something that she MIGHT choose in the future. I'd be pissed if I were you lol

i feel your pain i have the same problem with my sister in law she thinks that we are naming our daughter to match her daughter which isn't true at all i have had the name for a while. i say you really like the name then you should have the name just because she is due first doesn't mean that she should have the name.

i don't think you are being silly though you have the right to name the baby what you want to name it

I agree with this!
I think if your heart is set on it you should totally go for it. And if u solidified that for certain now and started referring to your baby as that name NOW it may just deter her enough from using it. When u refer to ur LO, just use the name when possible. I'm guessing she will back off. Hope that doesn't sound rude but I think it could work. She has six other names to choose from, she will get over it.

I agree! If she has 6 names surely she can just not use that one! How mean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->