*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Mum2Micah- so glad you guys had an honest heart to heart and that she is chill about it. Glad you get to keep your chosen name!

We have settled on a name, Macy Victoria. Victoria is after my eldest sister.
Other names we had consider were Natalie (which we couldn't go through with bc that is what we nn the baby we MCed), Lily (which i freggin love! cutest name ever but its overly popular here and i hated having a super common name growing up, but it really is a lovely and beautiful name, so that kind of makes me sad), Ella (too close to DS2 names, which is Elliot, so we arn't using it but i fell in love with Ella-Rose, a double barreled first name), Lena, Autumn, and I think there were a couple others but they are surpassing me atm :blush:

For boy names we settled on Levi Israel. Which i love!!! But since we are having a girl, obviously we wont be using it. We had also discussed the name Leo, River, Angelo, and Ezra.

Mum2Micah- so glad you guys had an honest heart to heart and that she is chill about it. Glad you get to keep your chosen name!

Other names we had consider were Natalie (which we couldn't go through with bc that is what we nn the baby we MCed), Lily (which i freggin love! cutest name ever but its overly popular here and i hated having a super common name growing up, but it really is a lovely and beautiful name, so that kind of makes me sad), Ella (too close to DS2 names, which is Elliot, so we arn't using it but i fell in love with Ella-Rose, a double barreled first name), Lena, Autumn, and I think there were a couple others but they are surpassing me atm :blush:

For boy names we settled on Levi Israel. Which i love!!! But since we are having a girl, obviously we wont be using it. We had also discussed the name Leo, River, Angelo, and Ezra.

I love Macy Victoria - very cute. I haven't really heard the name Lily much where I live (which isn't that far from where you live!) but I will look into its popularity. I don't want a super popular name either which is what steered me away from Sophia and Ava, even though I like those names. I also like Abigail but DH shot it down. Levi is very cute, too!

I love Macy Victoria - very cute. I haven't really heard the name Lily much where I live (which isn't that far from where you live!) but I will look into its popularity. I don't want a super popular name either which is what steered me away from Sophia and Ava, even though I like those names. I also like Abigail but DH shot it down. Levi is very cute, too!

My go to for popular name info is the social security site.
Lily is #15 in the USA, so very popular. That doesn't include the various spellings of Lily (Lillie, Lilly, etc or the names that can get shortened to Lily, like Liliana, Lillian, etc) I think if you love it enough you should use it! We just forgoed it simply bc i hated having 5 other girls in the same class with my name. But really if you like it, dont let that deter you! It really is a gorgous name :cloud9:

https://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/babyname.cgi

if you want more popularity info more locally, you can search via state:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/state/

Thanks ladies. Im glad you dont think im being silly. A part of me wants to just say thats our name and we started calling him that but I just don't want to cause a fight with my sister. We are really close. I thought she would say we have 6 names so we won't use that one but now she says its her partners favourite so they are likely to use it. I guess I have to let it go as everyone in my family thinks I should and just choose another. Not easy when we don't like any others and my hubby has been set on this name for years as one of our sons names. Ok sucking it up now even though I'm pissed off haha

No way you should back down on this one! If you like the name USE IT!

I like Jacob, jake for short. DH likes Benjamin, Ben for short. Dylan (DS1) likes Toby!

Kiss08 - I actually LOVE Ruth....Ruthie is a cute nickname too! Maybe I'm alone in this haha.

We already have a girl's name picked out (well DH isn't totally sold on it but I'm dead-set on it)....Nora....not quite sure about the middle name though....and we haven't decided on a boy's name yet but some of the contenders include Leo, Edwin and Seth :)

It's name time I gess I'm so happy that I'm making it this far only thing is the baby has two small cyst in his head and I'm worried that there might be something wrong with the baby but my docter say I would worry so much be cuz all baby's are born with this but they end up going away early and that it shouldn't be there by now but it would go away

Kiss08 - I actually LOVE Ruth....Ruthie is a cute nickname too! Maybe I'm alone in this haha.

We already have a girl's name picked out (well DH isn't totally sold on it but I'm dead-set on it)....Nora....not quite sure about the middle name though....and we haven't decided on a boy's name yet but some of the contenders include Leo, Edwin and Seth :)

Nora is a very nice name

I'm team blue!!!

Now the name battle can begin. Hubby and I don't agree on anything at all.

So tell me if I'm being silly... My sister is due 10 weeks before me and we were discussing baby names. My hubby and I decided on a name and I told her.. She says that's on her short list of 6 namesand we need a back up.. I'm shattered as we were really set on it and don't like any other names.

I'm really upset but am I just being silly. Should I suck it up and go back to the drawing board?

Seriously what Are the chances of coming up with the same name!!

i had something similar happen between myself and SIL with my last pregnancy we told MIL we had picked Olivia as a middle name if we where having a girl and she told us that her daughter had picked that for her little girl (she was told the gender) and if we would have told her sooner we could of used the name instead of his sister. i was due 6weeks before her but decided to go with our 2nd choose as they would never shut up about me using it if i had. so glad use got it sorted big weight of your shoulders now not worrying about it x

Speaking of names, I'm wondering what people have been considering. Since we don't know each other in "real life" we don't have to worry about name stealing here! We had a boy name picked out (Logan Thomas) so of course, we're having a girl! Haha. Girl names we are now considering include:

Isabelle (no particular significance, though it is a variant of Elizabeth - see below)
Lily (the translation of my name)
Elizabeth (DH's grandma's name)
Ruth (my grandma's name but my DH's idea)
I like Lucy but have a cousin Lucy already. :(

Middle name wil probably be Lynn (after my Godmother), Marie (after my grandma), or Elizabeth (after DH's grandma) -- all deceased and close relatives. I like the idea of a name meaning something. I wasn't named after anyone and would like my baby to be.

I love hearing everyone's baby names :) and i agree about sharing with everyone here, but no one els will no like our family and friends till baby is born what his/her name is.

My eldest is Eva-Jane named after both our grandmothers first names
then my youngest is Rosalie Victoria, Victoria after my twin sister rosalie because we both loved the name
so this little one will also be named after a family memeber, we both like Susanna/suzana not sure on spelling OH rally would like to use my name as a middle name (courtney) but im not sure yet as i like lucy.
if its a little boy he will be named Maurice after my dad and middle name David after OH x

I definitely need to be having a boy! If I'm having another girl then I have absolutely no idea what we're calling her! Hopefully baby'll co-operate and we'll find out next Tuesday! If we have a boy then he'll be called Idris (it's a family name in my husband's family) with a middle name of either Cai or Eifion (pronounced Eye-vee-on), though I'm edging towards Eifion much more than Cai for the moment! I probably will have to talk to my husband about potentially using my favourite boys' name (Gwydion) as a middle name just in case we find we have to stop at 2 children due to circumstances as I think I would be disappointed if we don't use it! The girls' names I particularly like are virtually unpronounceable if you don't know Welsh pronunciation (Lleucu, Llinos, Gwenllian, and similar) as the 'll' sound has, to my knowledge, no equivalent in any other language so describing how to pronounce it is very difficult! Considering as the vast majority of our family and friendship group are non-Welsh speakers it makes using them a huge no-no! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

I love hearing everyone's name ideas! It's so fun to see all the variety!! I also find all the different cultural influences really interesting.

gatorj yay for kicks :D

Mum2Micah glad your sister was so good about it all :D

Kiss08 we have our names but we never say until after birth

massoma8489 hope all is okay hun

OperationBbyO congratulations on team blue

6 days until my scan :D

I'm about to give up on the BnB facebook page. I have to hit submit like 5 times, and when they finally go through, when I go back an hour later, they're never there.
I can't read other people's posts, and when I comment, those fail too. WHYYYY, facebook is so much easier than here!!!

So far we have these names:
Girl
Jenna Ksenka DeGroot
Lauren Ksenka DeGroot
(Ksenka is DH's Grandma's real first name, it's Ukranian and she had to change it when she moved here because they didn't let them Ukranian names in school. She died right around the time I conceived)

Boy
Gavin ?? DeGroot
Evan ?? DeGroot

Has anyone noticed specific times when their baby is active? Mine is always active between 2-3pm and late at night :rofl:

Has anyone noticed specific times when their baby is active? Mine is always active between 2-3pm and late at night :rofl:

It varies for me. Thankfully not when I'm trying to sleep! Going crazy right now.

Yes! This one is always awake around 11 at night and oddly enough she seems to be up when DS2 awakens in the night! (We cosleep)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->