*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I love all of your bumps ladies!! I don't really have a noticeable bump yet...I just look fat :cry: Guess that's what happens when you're already overweight to begin with. At least I won't have to worry about stretch marks because I already have plenty of scars from those.

Awe *hugs* I am very overweight (220) and Ive got a bump going so you have a chance to start it up without looking fat. Have you looked into maternity pants that support the belly all the way up? Those help you round out

I love all of your bumps ladies!! I don't really have a noticeable bump yet...I just look fat :cry: Guess that's what happens when you're already overweight to begin with. At least I won't have to worry about stretch marks because I already have plenty of scars from those.

Awe *hugs* I am very overweight (220) and Ive got a bump going so you have a chance to start it up without looking fat. Have you looked into maternity pants that support the belly all the way up? Those help you round out

I'm closer to the 300 mark unfortunately. Weird thing is, I'm athletic and I exercise a lot, but it just won't come off. In the winter I skate 8 hours a week at least and I hike and bike ride (well maybe not bike this summer) in the summer months. I've had every test imaginable and no reason. I did manage to lose 40 pounds, but I've since gained a lot of it back, but even with baby I haven't gone over where I started, thankfully. My doctor isn't worried about my weight either, she even thinks I'll weigh less after the baby. I have great blood pressure and my cholesterol is low. I have the dreaded muffin top and that's where a lot of my weight went since becoming pregnant.

I'm closer to the 300 mark unfortunately. Weird thing is, I'm athletic and I exercise a lot, but it just won't come off. In the winter I skate 8 hours a week at least and I hike and bike ride (well maybe not bike this summer) in the summer months. I've had every test imaginable and no reason. I did manage to lose 40 pounds, but I've since gained a lot of it back, but even with baby I haven't gone over where I started, thankfully. My doctor isn't worried about my weight either, she even thinks I'll weigh less after the baby. I have great blood pressure and my cholesterol is low. I have the dreaded muffin top and that's where a lot of my weight went since becoming pregnant.

oh ouch I feel you're pain, weight loss and I are not the best of friends. But gaining? SUPER EASY. It's good that you have such a good doctor that doesn't bug you about it alot. My inlaws are always asking my husband if I'm eating okay and not gaining to much

oh ouch I feel you're pain, weight loss and I are not the best of friends. But gaining? SUPER EASY. It's good that you have such a good doctor that doesn't bug you about it alot. My inlaws are always asking my husband if I'm eating okay and not gaining to much

Yeah I don't get that either. I'm trying to watch what I eat, but it's been tough. All I've wanted lately has been asian food (vietnamese mostly!). This past weekend was bad because we didn't plan where we were going to eat on our trip to Vancouver and ended up eating at a really bad chinese place. Just have to load up on the veggies this week!

Now that I'm past the halfway point I'm contemplating baby stuff.

If my baby is born close to his due date, what kind of clothing and what sizes should I be looking at? I wasn't planning to do any NB size stuff.

It will start getting chilly where I live around Oct 1. Should I be getting 0-3 months in short sleeve onsies or long sleeves? I assume all 3-6 month stuff needs to be for winter.

Can someone explain the difference between "6 month" clothing and "3-6" or "6-9" month stuff?

If my baby is born close to his due date, what kind of clothing and what sizes should I be looking at? I wasn't planning to do any NB size stuff.

It will start getting chilly where I live around Oct 1. Should I be getting 0-3 months in short sleeve onsies or long sleeves? I assume all 3-6 month stuff needs to be for winter.

Can someone explain the difference between "6 month" clothing and "3-6" or "6-9" month stuff?

I was wondering the same thing!

it means the clothes can be worn up to 6 months, but usually depending on the baby's size 6 months can run on the big or small size, so once you're on the halfway point of 6 months, time to switch it up

Clothing is a best guess for babies. Seems like every brand has a different idea on sizing. And you never know how big or small your baby is going to be. My advice is to buy second-hand...saves you money and the clothes have barely been worn (maybe a few weeks tops!)...and since the clothes have already been washed you can see their true size.

Clothing is a best guess for babies. Seems like every brand has a different idea on sizing. And you never know how big or small your baby is going to be. My advice is to buy second-hand...saves you money and the clothes have barely been worn (maybe a few weeks tops!)...and since the clothes have already been washed you can see their true size.

I've been buying little bits here and there and it's all been second hand. I have one friend who is going to give me her NB baby stuff. Her baby was too big to wear any of it when he was born. :haha: She has the baby born closest to the same time of year as me so I'm hoping I can just get her hand me downs as we go. I believe her son is already in 6-9 months and he is 4 months old. He's a big boy! My cousin and his wife are also going to give me some stuff but they had a February baby so my baby won't be in the same sizes in the right season.

Has anyone reached the stage where you get dizzy spells? Out of no where mine seem to pop up! Like the room spinning

Hi all,
Had anatomy scan today! All is looking well in there, baby is now measuring almost a week ahead of due date (it has always measured under) and the ultrasound technician said it has long legs, so will be tall like daddy!
Almost straight away the ultrasound technician could see the private parts, definitely a boy!! So stoked :D

Clothing wise I always warn people not to buy too much small size as it usually dosnt last long, my 1st never fit in newborn, straight into 0-3 then out of them at 6 weeks old into 3-6 and out of those at 4 months into 6-9 months, she was a long baby, and a chubby one lol, even now she is in 1 and 1/2 - 2 clothes at almost 14 months. I had scans later on to estimate weight so knew that she would be big so only had 2 newborn outfits in the end, so glad as I would have been gutted to buy it then them not fit her. If I had bought bigger clothes for when she was the correct age they wouldn't have been suitable either, lol, awkward babies mine are haha.

Had our scan over a week ago and baby was sitting in such an awkward position she couldn't measure anything so back again this thursday, get to see baby again woo!! Will be my 4th scan so far this pregnancy, I know I've got at least 2 more after this one so lots of chance to see baby just gotta avoid looking between the legs!!

Has anyone noticed their areolas have not darkened but actually lightened? Mine are exactly the same colour as the rest of my skin except the nipple...It looks strange, but I'm not worried about it. I always thought they were supposed to get darker. Oh and I haven't noticed this line I keep reading about on my stomach yet...do all women get it? or just some?

Anake- this is my 4th pregnancy and I've never had the line in any of my pregnancys, not even when I was nearly 42 weeks w DS1. I think they say darker toned women are more likely to get it however not everyone will and the ones that do don't always get them this early. Also light toned ppl seem to get them too. I'm personally a more medium shade however still never got one. The line can be hormonally related but im not so sure i agree w that in 100% of cases bc if that were the case alll pregnnant women would get it, but thats just my thoughts and im now scientist so take it w a grain if salt Guess its a flip of the coin if and when u do. I'm personally not expecting to get it this time since I never had it before.

RE: nipple color chanes:: they commonly get darker but not always and the vase majority of women don't get the super dark look until they r in labor or right after babies arrival. It has something to do w hormonal changes. W that said, since it seems to be hormonally related one would think any color change would be related, even the lighter occurrences

Thanks, goes to show that Google can't always be your best resource when it comes to pregnancy!

Great, now I'm obsessively looking at my nipples! lol Mine seem to be the same as they were. My boobs are massive though. I think they grew again and my midwife told me they would get bigger when my milk came in. I don't know what I'm going to do with all these boobs!!!

When do stretch marks show up?

I noticed my first boobs stretch marks a couple of weeks ago, but just yesterday I saw they are now covered in them *sigh *
If they are going to look like this then they'd better do their breastfeeding job properly! Haha

My nipples are about the same as they were before, but they tend to stick out a lot more than usual. However, I have quite large nipples and areolas in the first place (which when I was pregnant with my first, my OB said was perfect for nursing lol). The color of mine have always been a dark kind if pink.
As for the line on my belly, I never got the actual pigment change in my first pregnancy. BUT, I did grow a line of dark hair from my belly button to my pubic area. After I had DD, most of it fell out but I still had a few random dark hairs left. I'm hoping that it won't grow this time but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Haha.

Has anyone noticed their areolas have not darkened but actually lightened? Mine are exactly the same colour as the rest of my skin except the nipple...It looks strange, but I'm not worried about it. I always thought they were supposed to get darker. Oh and I haven't noticed this line I keep reading about on my stomach yet...do all women get it? or just some?

my nips are a little darker (and a little wider) and my tits are seriously huge compared to before (i was an A cup, and that is being generous. and now i am a c cup and still growing)

as for "the line"... i got the line at about 15 weeks, maybe sooner, but i noticed it about 2 months ago. now it has gotten way darker, no stretch marks thankfully, i keep myself buttered up every day.

They also say that those women who get the dark line also get the darker nips, if your nips are lighter, it also makes sense that you don't have the line

my nipples are now as dark as my husbands (when I usually have light pink nipples) and they are the size of freaking sand dollars. But I've also gone from a size D to a size F

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->