*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

I wish I was leaving work that early, I will be working until I am 39 weeks :/ its going to be an interesting time for me haha

I wish I was leaving work that early, I will be working until I am 39 weeks :/ its going to be an interesting time for me haha

Yeah I'll be almost 39 weeks. I don't medically need to be off because I have a non physical job, and I already used up my medical EI when I hurt my back. Just have Maternity EI for 15 weeks and then I'm eligible for Parental Leave for 35 weeks. Not sure if I'll use it all yet.

I'm working until I go into labor. I'm starting a new job at 36 weeks so I'm trying to work as long as I can before I take my 6-week leave (unfortunately unpaid since I will have just started at that job). My job is non-physical and only four days a week do I'm hoping it won't be too bad..

I will be working up until August 28th and I am due September 4th. We will see how this goes :rofl: I have up to three hours travel to and from work so that may be the decider if I end up finishing earlier. It may end up too uncomfortable for me especially on the train, also I think the 6am wake up calls may leave me feeling so exhausted by the end of the day as I dont get home until around 7pm :wacko:

On other news we are putting in an offer on a house today! With a settlement of six weeks looks like we be having a full on 3rd trimester, at least will be busy preparing the nursery and settling into the house so will keep me occupied :haha:

My last monthly midwife appointment on the 28th May and then I will be seeing her every two weeks! :dohh: that makes it all seem too real :haha:

We only get 14 weeks paid maternity leave here in New Zealand. Then we can have the rest of the year off on maternity leave but its unpaid though which makes it really difficult. And I am pretty sure those 14 weeks will fly by so quickly too! Eeeeeeeek!!!!

I will be working up until August 28th and I am due September 4th. We will see how this goes :rofl: I have up to three hours travel to and from work so that may be the decider if I end up finishing earlier. It may end up too uncomfortable for me especially on the train, also I think the 6am wake up calls may leave me feeling so exhausted by the end of the day as I dont get home until around 7pm :wacko:

On other news we are putting in an offer on a house today! With a settlement of six weeks looks like we be having a full on 3rd trimester, at least will be busy preparing the nursery and settling into the house so will keep me occupied :haha:

My last monthly midwife appointment on the 28th May and then I will be seeing her every two weeks! :dohh: that makes it all seem too real :haha:

We only get 14 weeks paid maternity leave here in New Zealand. Then we can have the rest of the year off on maternity leave but its unpaid though which makes it really difficult. And I am pretty sure those 14 weeks will fly by so quickly too! Eeeeeeeek!!!!

In Canada we get 15 weeks paid Maternity EI, but it's only like 60% of your wages and you need to have worked 600+ hours in the last calendar year to qualify. They have some formula to work out how much you get based on hours worked blah blah blah...I haven't looked into parental leave to see if I'd still get paid for that. I'd think it works out to be the same as EI though.

https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/maternity_parental.shtml#much

yep parental leave is the same pay as maternity leave :flower:
And it's 60% of your wages but there's a cap at around 20K for the year.

Im a carer so it starts to get difficult with a bump plus my SPD is severely aggrevated by working iv got 2 weeks annual leave then I start maternity leave at 30 weeks! Cant wait im in pain for 2 days after working its a nightmare x

Wow that's amazing you all get that much maternity leave. Here in the U.S you only get 6-8 weeks top. Unfortunately for me (since DH and I are both self employed) I have no paid time off & being self employed, I can only get individual insurance so it's crazy expensive and dosent cover much but its all worth it:):) How is everyone feeling?

I had an odd thing happen last night. I was feeling good all day but when I laid down to bed, I started getting this headache. It started dull and at the top of my head and slowly moved down my to my neck. I was up from 2-5 am. The pain intensified and Tylenol didnt help. I put an ice pack on the back of my neck (which is difficult when you can't lay on your back!). It went away in about an hour after adding the ice pack. Also last night, entire limbs were falling asleep several times. One time, my left hip, right leg, and left arm all went numb (I was laying on my left then). I've had body parts fall asleep more since I've been pregnant but this was a bit much. Any ideas as to what's going on?? I feel fine this morning aside from feeling groggy and sleep deprived.

I've had that off and on. It might have to do with the softened ligaments and blood flow.

I'm working until I go into labor. I'm starting a new job at 36 weeks so I'm trying to work as long as I can before I take my 6-week leave (unfortunately unpaid since I will have just started at that job). My job is non-physical and only four days a week do I'm hoping it won't be too bad..

Me too kiss, my boss told me last week that I can work from home starting September 5th since my delivery hospital is almost an hour away from where I work. So that way if I go into labor, I can be at the hospital faster and also not have to worry with the added stress of getting ready for the day and making it into the office! Glad for this because I want every second of maternity leave I spend to be spent with little man in hands, not in womb!

OK so I think we have it narrowed down to 2 names....

Evan Michael DeGroot (my pick)
Ryan Scott DeGroot (Michael's pick)

Who wants to come over and paint? :haha: today we picked out Macy's curtains and paint color. Going with light purple, airy curtains and a light pink paint (called "Blushing Bride"). It's a very small room w only one window and id like to brighten up a bit and make it look a tad bigger. Hoping this helps. Should match great w her bedding...and hopefully any bedding as she grows. ...i am not looking forward to priming though! We just painted this room 2 years ago for DS2. It's tan, burgundy, and chocolate brown...that ought to be fun! :roll: lol

945265_152304331617912_348223497_n.jpg

OK so I think we have it narrowed down to 2 names....

Evan Michael DeGroot (my pick)
Ryan Scott DeGroot (Michael's pick)

Both are nice but i like your pick better ;)

Has anyone noticed old injuries (ie knees, ankles) that are flaring up again? I had a minor tear in my left ACL and an ankle fracture from years ago and they're KILLING me.

I know this is too much information but does anyone else have increased discharge? ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->