*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

vic--- congrats to your friend!

as far as telling where baby is, I got off of where I feel kicks and where I find the heartbeat with my doppler. Baby Boy is pretty much always head down, but Baby Girl switches from Breech to Head Down throughout the day.

How do you know which is which? I can hardly keep track of my one baby!

Just bought myself a rebozo.
The MW says i need to do belly wrapping (prenatally) if she ever goes head down (she is sideways). Bc of severe prolapse, split stomach muscles, and loose ligaments/uterus im at risk for a breech baby (should she actually move out of the transverse!). So im supposed to do belly wrapping as soon as she goes head down so that she can stay there and not have as much space to flip back.
Guess the only nice thing is that you can use the rebozo for labor as well as for babywearing. I went ahead and bought this one. ...kind of excited to get it but i really hope it works!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/152326595/3-yards-x-87-yard-pink-mexican-fabric?ref=usr_faveitems

:hugs: hope she turns hon. Its really stress inducing for us mamas having to worry about such. If it helps ease your fears any, my first baby didn't flip from breech to head down until 33 weeks.

Im currently dealing with a transverse (sideways) LO. (shes been like this the entire pregnancy). Saw the MW today. She said the baby needs to at least go vertical by 32 weeks. Breech is allowed to flip later, but she said with transverse they really need to go head down or breech by 32 weeks. She said breech can flip head down much easier than transverse can...not really sure why, but thats what ive been told, so hopefully this stinker decides to move!..idunno...not so certain this little girl is gonna cooperate...i dont know why but for some reason if i have to have a CS over a transverse, im actually at peace of it...breech though...i would want to at least attempt a vaginal but would have the understanding it may not turn out that way.

Today i had my last monthly appt. Now i go every two weeks until 36 and then every week after that...can't believe im so close to the home stretch! once biweekly appts start things really go fast. I also had my GD test. im hopeful for good results though

Looks like you got a little stubborn one there also :haha::hugs:
Hopefully both our bubs turn around soon. Mine has moved so much today so not sure if its flipping or just having a party in there.

First time today I actually saw my stomach move when it kicked.

:haha: yes, it would appear that both of us have little monkeys on our hands!

Where are you feeling your kicks at now?

Got my results for the GD test...I have GD and I'm really upset about it. :cry:
I'm not looking forward to pricking my fingers twice a day. I don't even want to go to work today....

I'm not looking forward to pricking my fingers twice a day. I don't even want to go to work today....

Sorry hon :(
Thats got to be tough.
Was that the 3 hour or the 1 hour test?

Thats got to be tough.

I had a 2 hour test. Blood sugar shot up to 12.3...Was supposed to be under 10. My 1 hour test had me at 5.2 and I was supposed to be under 4. My dad is diabetic and I know the optimal range is 4-6. This should prove interesting. Hope my medical plan covers it because those test strips are freeking expensive!!

Thats got to be tough.

I had a 2 hour test. Blood sugar shot up to 12.3...Was supposed to be under 10. My 1 hour test had me at 5.2 and I was supposed to be under 4. My dad is diabetic and I know the optimal range is 4-6. This should prove interesting. Hope my medical plan covers it because those test strips are freeking expensive!!

bummer :( Was hoping you would say it was just the one hour, but that stinks. Sorry friend.
Hopefully your insurance is good about it. They should be if its medically neceesary, which clearly it is, but i also understand that insurances can try to wiggle out of everything these days :hugs:

Thats got to be tough.

bummer :( Was hoping you would say it was just the one hour, but that stinks. Sorry friend.
Hopefully your insurance is good about it. They should be if its medically neceesary, which clearly it is, but i also understand that insurances can try to wiggle out of everything these days :hugs:

Yeah me too...it's my husbands plan so I think it'll cover 80% (crossing my fingers). I declined medical where I work because the plan they use doesn't want me to be on it for 3 months and then off for a year and then back on. I would have had to give work post dated cheques for a year to stay on the plan, but I don't even have cheques (very rarely use them).

Ok ladies I need some input:/ I had an abnormal quad screen for downs So we had a level 2 ultrasound. Everything looked normal with only one soft marker, her femur bones are measuring 2 weeks behind (in the 5th percentile) My Dr. Wants me to do an amino but in worried since im in my third trimester (28 weeks) what are your thoughts? Anyone else been through this? Also I'm 5'3 and hubby is only 5'9.

Our son has dilated kidneys which is a soft marker. We were also offered an amnio, but decided it wasn't worth the risk. I think it's very personal and you should go with your gut. If you would feel more at peace knowing then go for it. Hope all is well. Keep us updated.

Ok ladies I need some input:/ I had an abnormal quad screen for downs So we had a level 2 ultrasound. Everything looked normal with only one soft marker, her femur bones are measuring 2 weeks behind (in the 5th percentile) My Dr. Wants me to do an amino but in worried since im in my third trimester (28 weeks) what are your thoughts? Anyone else been through this? Also I'm 5'3 and hubby is only 5'9.

. I think it's very personal and you should go with your gut. If you would feel more at peace knowing then go for it. Hope all is well. Keep us updated.

This!

I too have GD. I have to check mine four times a day. It sucks really bad. Plus I have been having to go to the dr every two weeks. In a few weeks I have to start non stress test...yay. Thankfully I'm able to control mine with diet. I was in shock at first. Try to not worry :hugs: on the good side ( if there is one) you'll get to have more ultrasounds

Am currently just waiting to go back to the lab to have my bloods taken after that very sugary drink for the GD test.

It tasted like really sweet flat lemonade to me, but boy was it loaded with sugar I could tell as I normally dont eat sweet things often :rofl: just praying the test comes back OK.

Does GD go away after you have the baby or what?

In most cases GD goes away after birth.
However, if you have GD you are at a higher risk of developing Type 2 diabeties in the future. (doesnt mean you will, it just means you are more likely in comparison to those who have not had GD)

Been trying to catch up sorry to read some of you ladies are having a rough time.

Everything is well with me and baby was having a little tenderness injecting the past week but its because I'm running out of room that isn't bruised iv had to start injecting into stretch marks which actually isn't as bad as it sounds tbh.

My bump is sticking out so much and constantly feels heavy although I went out with friends on Monday and they seem to think I don't look 6months pregnant but I think it was because of the loose dress type I wore but was nice to hear that I don't look as big as I feel lol

I too have GD. I have to check mine four times a day. It sucks really bad. Plus I have been having to go to the dr every two weeks. In a few weeks I have to start non stress test...yay. Thankfully I'm able to control mine with diet. I was in shock at first. Try to not worry :hugs: on the good side ( if there is one) you'll get to have more ultrasounds

Yeah I guess there's a silver lining to all of this :thumbup:. I get to see my little guy more. Maybe I'll get them to do a gender confirmation too (to make sure I'm still having a boy!).

So my sister-in-law wants to host a shower for me, but she's insisting on holding it after the baby is born. Is it bad form to request people give gift cards instead of gifts? We already have a lot of newborn stuff and I know we could use the gift cards to get what we need (ie diapers, wipes etc)

I'm having a rough evening. Hoping some of it is just due to side effects of my GTT and not my new normal... I have a headache and heartburn plus my usual back pain and sleeping difficulties. The doctor I saw today (not my regular one as she was in surgery) was concerned about my back pain as it was one-sided and in the midway up my back (where my kidney is). My UTI test came back negative but I don't know if it could be something else (besides muscle soreness). Baby flipped to breech (not too concerned since she has plenty of time to flip back) but I've had more difficulty feeling her like this so I'm getting paranoid about her kick frequency. With all this discomfort, I'm really wishing I wasn't starting a job in August after my current one ends in July. Oh, and now I'm also thinking about switching hospitals which would mean I'd have to go to a different doctor too (I'm switching to a new doctor regardless when I move in August so this would just be a different new doctor). It's hard for me to decide though as I don't currently live in the city I'll be delivering in so I can't go see this other hospital. Ahhhhh stresssssed!!

So my sister-in-law wants to host a shower for me, but she's insisting on holding it after the baby is born. Is it bad form to request people give gift cards instead of gifts? We already have a lot of newborn stuff and I know we could use the gift cards to get what we need (ie diapers, wipes etc)

Thats what I wanted to do for the baby shower my mum is hosting, request gift cards so we could chose as we dont know the sex of the baby and am worried we get a billion of the same things because choice is limited because of unisex. That way could buy girl/boy things after its born with the gift cards.

But I decided just to see what we get, we have so much stuff already, not sure the baby will fit in their nursery with all the stuff lol over 300 newborn diapers, eight packs of 80 baby wipes, cot and basinette protectors, crib set, mobile, rattles, bottles, pacifiers, diaper bin, babies first book :rofl:

Thats what I wanted to do for the baby shower my mum is hosting, request gift cards so we could chose as we dont know the sex of the baby and am worried we get a billion of the same things because choice is limited because of unisex. That way could buy girl/boy things after its born with the gift cards.

But I decided just to see what we get, we have so much stuff already, not sure the baby will fit in their nursery with all the stuff lol over 300 newborn diapers, eight packs of 80 baby wipes, cot and basinette protectors, crib set, mobile, rattles, bottles, pacifiers, diaper bin, babies first book :rofl:

Yeah I have the same problem! I just don't want to end up with say 4 bouncers when we already have one. I've been getting some great deals on our local internet marketplace :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->