*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Does anyone know if humidity affects water retention and swelling?? I'm moving from a zero humidity area to a very humid area at 34 weeks and wonder how that'll effect my water retention and limb swelling.

It may, it may not. it really is just a wait and see sort of thing bc everyones body reacts differently.

for me heat/humidity (both or just one) seems to agitate it. I def didn't have it with my winter baby-when it was cold and relatively dry, but had it badly with my first whom was due in August.

Humidity can definitely cause water retention.....just depends if you are prone to retaining water or not....a lot of pregnant women are

I just saw the baby move in my belly. Not just kick (I see that all the time) but just move under my skin. Weirdest looking thing ever!! Looked like a scene from an alien movie. DH was definitely creeped out! My busy girl has flipped once again so she's back to being head down again! :)

vic--- congrats to your friend!

as far as telling where baby is, I got off of where I feel kicks and where I find the heartbeat with my doppler. Baby Boy is pretty much always head down, but Baby Girl switches from Breech to Head Down throughout the day.

How do you know which is which? I can hardly keep track of my one baby!

Honestly, it's SOOO much easier than with my singleton. I had no idea if it was kicks/punches a butt or a head... ever.

I think because they are limited on room they don't move all over my belly like my son did. Every U/S Boy has been on the left, and Girl has been on the right. They still have enough room to turn in their own sacs, but not to trade positions :)

Ok ladies I need some input:/ I had an abnormal quad screen for downs So we had a level 2 ultrasound. Everything looked normal with only one soft marker, her femur bones are measuring 2 weeks behind (in the 5th percentile) My Dr. Wants me to do an amino but in worried since im in my third trimester (28 weeks) what are your thoughts? Anyone else been through this? Also I'm 5'3 and hubby is only 5'9.

It's a tough decision. And personal. I think for me I would do it just so I could be prepared... at the same time.... Amnio does carry risks... so I can't say for sure if I would.

Hugs and Love.

I'm getting nervous! What if I MISS being pregnant!?

Right now I just can't wait to meet him/her! But what if I miss taking my wee one with me everywhere I go ? :(

:shrug:

I missed it for sure, but it gets easier, and the feeling of getting around with out struggling is pretty nice :) I remember looking down at my belly in the hospital and patting it out of habit... and all that was there was flabby skin. Not cool. hahaha

Can. Not. Breath. Today. UGH! For this stinker being sideways she is really causing me a lot of issues with breathing! little turd needs to move already :haha:

I feel you. I swear my lungs are shoved up halfway to where they are supposed to end... and i can only get half the air I want in. An odd feeling... I will not miss it.

I'm not looking forward to the water retention!!! It was BRUTAL with my first (due in August). And already my wedding rings are getting tight :dohh:

I missed pregnancy both times and I'll probably miss it again....but after having DD2 I was definitely ready for a little break.

I only ever retained with my son when I flew once at 20 weeks.... but I started swelling a week or so ago when I get to hot, and my rings quit fitting :(

I have never had any swelling in my first pregnancy at all. I haven't had any so far this time either. My wedding ring still fit loosely yet. Fingers crossed I can avoid it.

My breathing has gotten really bad too. I think that the pressure on my lungs sort of triggers my asthma a little bit. With my first, I had a terrible attack that put me in the ER. This time I already have a nebulizer so I make sure that is with me if I go anywhere even for the day. It will save me an ER trip if it gets that bad again.

I missed being pregnant after I had my first. I felt "phantom kicks" for almost an entire year after she was born. Shortly after those went away I got baby fever. :haha: This time I'm in a committed and loving relationship and I know we aren't done having kids. So we'll see what happens after this baby is born. :)

Missed being pregnant on my first. Nice easy pregnancy. Movement etc was all new.

Could not wait to have my second out and was delighted not to be pregnant, Very hard pregnancy, movement wasn't so amazing.

Will not miss being pregnant this time either.

There is something in my ribs not sure if its arms, legs, bum, head but would like it to move! So uncomfortable!!

I hear you girls!

I have had such a breathless morning, hard to take a full deep breath and seriously bad back from from mid back upwards. So bad I was in tears a couple of times. And its only the start, starting to regret working up to five days before im due, not sure I am going to last :(

I hear you girls!

I have had such a breathless morning, hard to take a full deep breath and seriously bad back from from mid back upwards. So bad I was in tears a couple of times. And its only the start, starting to regret working up to five days before im due, not sure I am going to last :(

Oh I hear you there! I'm due on Sept 2 and I decided my last day would be Sept 23, mostly because I didn't want to come back till after the August Long Weekend in BC. Hopefully he doesn't decide to come early!

I have never had any swelling in my first pregnancy at all. I haven't had any so far this time either. My wedding ring still fit loosely yet. Fingers crossed I can avoid it.

My breathing has gotten really bad too. I think that the pressure on my lungs sort of triggers my asthma a little bit. With my first, I had a terrible attack that put me in the ER. This time I already have a nebulizer so I make sure that is with me if I go anywhere even for the day. It will save me an ER trip if it gets that bad again.

I missed being pregnant after I had my first. I felt "phantom kicks" for almost an entire year after she was born. Shortly after those went away I got baby fever. :haha: This time I'm in a committed and loving relationship and I know we aren't done having kids. So we'll see what happens after this baby is born. :)

I have asthma too, and both pregnancies have seemed to effect it more. I ended up in the ER with my first...

I finished last week so I dont have that to worry about anymore x

I'm moving after I deliver, so when I leave work I'll actually be LEAVING work. I have 5 more weeks (doc wants me done at 30 weeks) and I am both excited and bummed. I don't have a nursery to do or anything, so I guess I'l spend my last 6-8 weeks packing so I can heal after the babies are born.

It IS nice to know I have a end date in sight though

Im lucky enough to be staying at home and not working...with that said, i have a high needs 1 year old and a 2 year old, so even though im home im not convinced it's any easier given i have 2 beings relying on me for their every needs all day and all night...things are busy and constant 24/7...sometimes i wish i could take maternity leave from it :lol:

I have asthma too, and both pregnancies have seemed to effect it more. I ended up in the ER with my first...

I'm moving after I deliver, so when I leave work I'll actually be LEAVING work. I have 5 more weeks (doc wants me done at 30 weeks) and I am both excited and bummed. I don't have a nursery to do or anything, so I guess I'l spend my last 6-8 weeks packing so I can heal after the babies are born.

It IS nice to know I have a end date in sight though

Yeah, I believe my nebulizer will save me a trip to the ER this time. I'm hoping to avoid having to use it at all but we'll see. So far so good. I was in the ER at 6 months pregnant last time and I'm past that stage and the inhaler is working just fine. It's literally the only part of my body that doesn't respond well to pregnancy. Otherwise, I have been told by 2 different doctors and a nurse that my body was built perfectly for child bearing :haha:

Are you bummed because you like your job?

I'm glad to hear of the normal GD tests! :thumbup:

No GD for me :D, however It seems that my iron is low so have to take ferograd C :/. I do prefer that instead of GD.

I have my test on Friday, hope everything goes well. I'll be at the beach the day before so I gotta make sure to stay mega hydrated while there o.o

Has anyone's baby seemed to have changed their moving style, mine isnt as defined and hard kicks its more like rolling action :wacko:

Also seems to have longer periods of being quiet as well, so maybe in a sleeping routine now.

I had my GD test this week and it came back normal. I too had low iron though so I started my supplement today. This week baby boy is head down but he is sure to flop a couple more times. I'm hoping he likes to be upside down and just stays that way! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->