*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/tdap-pregnancy-hcp.htm

I've been awol but been so busy recently but just read through most of the post. Glad most of the ladies seem to be doing ok.

Sorry to those ladies who have been diagnosed with GD. Hope you manage to keep it under control well.

My MW tried to panic me at my last appointment saying i needed a GD test because of my daughter's large size in my last pregnancy. Though i had previously spoken to a doctor and another midwife who had said I just need big baby's, turns out i didn't need the test.

I ended up changing midwives as mine (when i finally meet my actual on at 4th appointment after seeing 3 temps) was awful. She was really bad about my homebirth and basically said they are not a child care service to look after my daughter when I'm in labour which i would never use them as. And said oh the midwives come from all over so you may be alone for your birth and loads of other rubbish to put me off. I complained and i've been given another midwife who is seeing me next Thursday to get to know me before doing hb appointment a few weeks after :D

I am due on the 6th want an august baby really but don’t think it will happen. My dd was due on the 6th and didn’t come until the 12th.

Can't believe I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. It feels like its going really slow yet really quick at the same time, though i do want it to speed up a little bit now as i getting fed up. Trying to keep busy. I was at legoland last week that was fun at 29 weeks pregnant, went to the harry potter studio tour for my birthday yesterday again was fun when pregnant as was a good deal of walking, and next week im off the the theater for my mum's birthday so hoping that will keep the weeks going quick.

My baby was transverse but i think s/he is now breech or head down, hoping i will learn when i see my new midwife next week.

And i know this is early but I am guessing like in most months some babies might decide to come before their due dates so I thought i would get a link posted out of the way. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eptember-sweetpeas-2013-parenting-thread.html

Had my 30 week midwife appointment last night and came out of it feeling like all my options had been decided by her and that I was stupid :wacko:

Good news is I dont have gestational diabetes! BUT I am anaemic, iron levels are meant to be between 20-190 and mine is sitting currently on 10. No wonder I am exhausted and lack lusture. But thought it was just third trimester tiredness.

Baby is STILL breech, no wonder my ribs hurt like crazy at night and I wake often in pain :cry:

She told me in two weeks if breech I have to have acupuncture to turn him/her and if in two weeks if still breech than she says I have to have an ECV! :nope:
I dont like the risks involved with that.

But she is so against me having a c-section, but risks with ECV mean I could have an emergency c-section rather than planned if something goes wrong.

This is my first baby so feeling scared :cry:

nico82 If you are scared and EVC wont work or will cause a emergency section then you can refuse hunni. Have you been on the spinning babies website for tips to get baby to turn. And maybe also sitting rotating hips while on a birthing ball may encourage turning - may not work but surely worth a try?

nico82 If you are scared and EVC wont work or will cause a emergency section then you can refuse hunni. Have you been on the spinning babies website for tips to get baby to turn. And maybe also sitting rotating hips while on a birthing ball may encourage turning - may not work but surely worth a try?

I have one of those big balls so will try sitting on it. Just felt like she was making all the decisions for me. And the thought of going through all that even before labour kind of is scary to me.

She asked how long im working for, I said to 39 weeks and she looked at me as if I was crazy :wacko:

Yes those balls are good, the keep your postur better than sofa ect and if you up to it just spin hips in circle motion. they say dont bounce on them until 37 weeks i beleive.
and if you look here https://www.spinningbabies.com/ you may find a few things ideas that may help spin baby.

I dont know what the rules are there but is there any way you could change MW's your midwife is meant to support you and make you feel good even if things aren't going well not make you feel worse x

You have every right to refuse an ecv. I would but I couldnt have one anyway due to anterior placenta and previous c section x

You have every right to refuse an ecv. I would but I couldnt have one anyway due to anterior placenta and previous c section x

OMGOSH I have an anterior placenta, thats where its in the front right???
Thats so shocking that my midwife didnt even remember that :wacko:

:brat: OMG I want chocolate and ice cream right now!!! I'm terrified to even have any because it'll only raise my glucose levels too high. I went to check out the 'no sugar added' brands and even they have 25+grams of carbohydrates for EACH PIECE! So frustrated :sad2:

30 week bump. Glad to be at this point but the pregnancy is starting to go slow now :dohh:

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
whoops haven't been in here for a while.

How is everyone??

I am 29 weeks today :D yay for not being an eggplant anymore.

Bub is measuring perfectly and so far no complications and all is good to go through with a VBAC. Bub is transverse at the moment but I have every faith that he will make a move.

So far I haven't really gained weight, considering I lost a bunch in first tri and have only managed to put back on less then half of it. Although I feel HUGE. By bump gets in the way of everything.

I am so achy now days, back, belly, thighs, pelvis, calves, neck, ribs. You name it. I'm just achy all over.
I have a pregga waddle too :(
and I am ALWAYS tired.

anyways, here is my bump today.

Hope everyone is well.

Attachments

• 29 weeks.jpg
    29 weeks.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1
Cammy- glad all is on for your VBAC hope you get it. Yes hopefully baby will move 2nd babies have longer to move than first babies so its not a worry yet :)
As for a the waddle i have that to and envy any mummies in here that dont.

whoops haven't been in here for a while.

How is everyone??

I am 29 weeks today :D yay for not being an eggplant anymore.

YAY! I didn't even notice we weren't egglants anymore! :happydance:

I'm at the hospital lab right now, just drank my sugary drink for my 1-hour glucose challenge test, waiting till 8:17 so I can have my bloods drawn for it, and I just wanted to say...

That drink is so freakin' GROSS. It was like a cup of melted orange-flavored popsicles with about 1 cup of extra sugar mixed in for bad measure.

I really hope I pass this test if only so that I don't have to drink another one of those little b******s!

Illinois is really homebirth-unfriendly. No birthing centers in the state, either (but one was recently announced). CPMs are not legal here, and most CNMs and doctors will not attend homebirths because of the increase in costs to their malpractice insurance. I live in the suburbs north of Chicago, and we have only one CNM servicing the area who does homebirths. She is reportedly very busy.

I find it really screwed up that "my baby, my body, my choice" apparently only applies if you want to terminate a pregnancy. If you want to keep it, suddenly the law is like, "well, in that case, you have to do whatever the paternalistic arm of medicine tells you to do. No choice for you!"

I live in SouthEast Missouri! We are a little South of Cape Girardeau. Home Birth isn't much of an option here either.

My bump pic
31 weeks!

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/image_zps32a6594b.jpg

Guppy you look fab! And your boys are very very cute!

Fab bump Guppy.

It's 1st July which means some of our babies will undoubtedly be making an appearance next month! Exciting and scary

I'm at the hospital lab right now, just drank my sugary drink for my 1-hour glucose challenge test, waiting till 8:17 so I can have my bloods drawn for it, and I just wanted to say...

That drink is so freakin' GROSS. It was like a cup of melted orange-flavored popsicles without about 1 cup of extra sugar mixed in for bad measure.

I really hope I pass this test if only so that I don't have to drink another one of those little b******s!

:sick:
I hated that drink :S mine tasted like really cheap lemonade with a tonne of extra sugar. I had to try so hard not to vomit it back up.

I hope you get good results :D

Cammy- glad all is on for your VBAC hope you get it. Yes hopefully baby will move 2nd babies have longer to move than first babies so its not a worry yet :)
As for a the waddle i have that to and envy any mummies in here that dont.

I'm already starting to feel a lot more pokes and nudges down lower in my belly so I'm wondering if he has moved already. I didn't feel the sudden move like I did with my first though. So maybe he's just stretching.

I do too :(

YAY! I didn't even notice we weren't egglants anymore! :happydance:

I know, it seemed to last forever :S haha
Although I definitely feel bigger then a squash.

My bump pic
31 weeks!

you look fabulous :D gorgeous family too.
Even though I'm not far off, I envy you for being over 30 weeks. I'm so ready to be.

Fab bump Guppy.

It's 1st July which means some of our babies will undoubtedly be making an appearance next month! Exciting and scary

oh wow, didn't even think about that. that is scary and exciting. :D I actually have a feeling I will be one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->