*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Hopethisyear, so sorry to hear this! Hopefully the blood results will explain what's going on, how confusing! Fingers crossed for you!

As for tea, I drink tea everyday but only white tea now as it only has 1% the caffeine content of coffee. Green tea only has 10% the caffeine of coffee but also inhibits your absorption of folate which is crucial in early pregnancy so I am avoiding it for now just to be safe. My ob did mention that i can have a cup of coffee a day. If you want to naturally decaffeinate your tea then all you have to do is steep it once, throw that liquid out and then resteep it. It's crazy but the vast majority of the caffeine goes out of the leaf with the first steeping. As for herbal teas, there are some to watch out for because they can cause uterine contractions. I don't know which those are but am sure Dr google has a good idea. I know Rooibos tea is considered safe for pregnancy.

Thanks girky, fingers crossed there test were wrong, on the other hand, what are your symptoms?

I have two questions for the recently pregnant:
1. Are other people experiencing lower back pain? I've heard that could be a mc symptom. Mine just started today.

2. What do people think about downhill snow skiing. I'm living in Utah for one year and want to ski once while I'm out here. I won't see my doctor for another three weeks so I can't ask her right now. Prior to my BFP, we were planning on skiing this weekend.

FYI - I will be four weeks tomorrow (Thursday)

Hey ladies. I've been trying to keep up, but you all are a chatty bunch!! Can't remember who all said what, but....

I think someone was right about green tea inhibiting the absorption of folate. I do believe that the recommended max amount of caffeine allowed in one day is 200mg. (Which is 4 cans of diet mt dew a day if you're an addict like me!) ha!

I've also heard that the urine tests at the drs office are not as sensitive as the ones you can do at home. So hopefully, that is all it was and the blood test will help ease your mind.

So anyone else's boobs not hurting at all?! Mine hurt so bad last time, but I can't remember when they started. But, I did breast feed Jack, so I'm wondering if my "girls" are just already stretched out from that and maybe they won't hurt this time around?

Sorry just saw you said tomorrow.
GL

I called my dr today to get a referal to my OB ad they said I have to have take a test at their office first :( but can't get me until Monday? How lame it's not like it takes a whole appt space for me to go pee in a friggin cup.

Does it cost for you each time you go to the doctors? It does for us, think thats why they make us go so often a ploy to get more money I say :wacko:

Not for me I have free medical through the military but it's still annoying lol

Hey ladies. I've been trying to keep up, but you all are a chatty bunch!! Can't remember who all said what, but....

I think someone was right about green tea inhibiting the absorption of folate. I do believe that the recommended max amount of caffeine allowed in one day is 200mg. (Which is 4 cans of diet mt dew a day if you're an addict like me!) ha!

I've also heard that the urine tests at the drs office are not as sensitive as the ones you can do at home. So hopefully, that is all it was and the blood test will help ease your mind.

So anyone else's boobs not hurting at all?! Mine hurt so bad last time, but I can't remember when they started. But, I did breast feed Jack, so I'm wondering if my "girls" are just already stretched out from that and maybe they won't hurt this time around?

Mine hurt like crazy last time, as soon as they started to grow a little. I swear even taking a shower was rough, because of the cold air when you get out! hah. So far nothing yet, but I doubt that will last lol.

Kiss, I think I would avoid downhill skiing myself , but that is just me!

I'm kind of worried bc my boobs AREN'T hurting!!

Ladies my boobs only hurt if I give them a shove to see if they hurt haha. They hurt first pregnancy but not the rest so maybe they are now conditioned :)

Sorry just saw you said tomorrow.
GL

I called my dr today to get a referal to my OB ad they said I have to have take a test at their office first :( but can't get me until Monday? How lame it's not like it takes a whole appt space for me to go pee in a friggin cup.

Does it cost for you each time you go to the doctors? It does for us, think thats why they make us go so often a ploy to get more money I say :wacko:

Not for me I have free medical through the military but it's still annoying lol

We don't pay (directly) for medical in Canada, it's a government run.

I have two questions for the recently pregnant:
1. Are other people experiencing lower back pain? I've heard that could be a mc symptom. Mine just started today.

2. What do people think about downhill snow skiing. I'm living in Utah for one year and want to ski once while I'm out here. I won't see my doctor for another three weeks so I can't ask her right now. Prior to my BFP, we were planning on skiing this weekend.

FYI - I will be four weeks tomorrow (Thursday)

I have had lower back pain, so I hope it isn't a MC symptom! Mine feels like an AF backache.

Hi! I'm due on Sept 9/10 (according to my calculations) I am trying not to be too excited about this as it's so early. Being a school teacher, September babies rock! It means i can have almost two months off paid before I have little bean. I have only told 2 people and both have been very cautious as it's so early. Great to see what's happening with everybody else :).

Hello my September sisters! How are we doing? I've just discovered hubby's deodorant makes my nose hurt so he's now banned from the bedroom while spraying it and last night had a serious case of the boak! Other than that, feel pretty good (cep for going to work in a minute lol). Hope you all have a fab day xx

Maryp83- Welcome & Congrats! I used to be a teacher, and I miss the schedule! I am finishing school in May for my Masters and want to teach at a community college part time, but my Sept. due date might put a damper on that, maybe I can teach a few summer classes to get a foot in. :)

Aiden187- I believe that is normal.

Kiss08- My grandma went hiking at 9 months pregnant, and fell down the hill! She went to the doctor and he told her it's about time she started acting like she was pregnant. The baby was 8lbs and in perfect health! & in the 'What to expect when you are expecting book' it says that a blow to the head or abdomen doesn't cause miscarriage. At just 4 weeks, I think you are pretty much able to do most physical activity, but be careful if you are lightheaded and fatigued, and such from hormones, so you don't get hurt! Probably should ask your doctor just in case though. But my grandma told me that your baby is pretty dang safe in your belly and well protected.

I have woke up this morning and have lower back ache, sore boobs and I am still tired. I've done my ursine sample for the doctor and I tested with it and got a positive.... Pheeew. My worry is the doctors one will be negative.

I personally wouldn't ski... Just because I am rubbish and would fall over loads.

How are people feeling about sex? My OH is gagging and I have no Sex drive : /

I drink decaf tea and have 1 cup of coffee, I ha to be more careful this time as ALOT of veggie alternatives contain caffeine : )

Omg I just want to eat all day, not good lol.

I have woke up this morning and have lower back ache, sore boobs and I am still tired. I've done my ursine sample for the doctor and I tested with it and got a positive.... Pheeew. My worry is the doctors one will be negative.

I personally wouldn't ski... Just because I am rubbish and would fall over loads.

How are people feeling about sex? My OH is gagging and I have no Sex drive : /

I drink decaf tea and have 1 cup of coffee, I ha to be more careful this time as ALOT of veggie alternatives contain caffeine : )

Sex... I have been entirely too anxious for that! Hubby has tried a few times and it just aint happening, not until I know that my levels are growing strong and steady!

We are still having sex but it's how you feel about it. If you want to be intimate without actually having sex then that works just as well. I'm making sure hubby feels included in the changes in my body and tbh it's quite nice feeling his hands on my tummy, boobs and back when I feel sore. Lol, we also discovered that humming seems to help with the nausea heheh xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->