Seriously... Are All Men Pr*cks?

Ah, I take back the mom comment, just read your last post. No one should have to put up with that, especially when you're pregnant. x

:blush: Am I the only one who thinks he's not using it as an excuse? I don't get on with Richs mum and there were so many times we almost broke up over it.

If it had simply been "I don't like your mum, I wanna break up" then I'd probably have agreed in part with you, but it's the fact he said "There's no point coming to the scan" like perhaps the stress of the pregnancy is getting to him, he just wants to be out with his mates and the only strong excuse he could come up with was "your mum". :shrug: It's that one comment that I don't understand.... "I don't get along with your mum, so I don't see the point in coming to a scan of my child". Meh.

My BF has broken up with me before (well tried to) because of comments HIS mother was making. He was very upset about it, and because his mum was being so insensitive to his needs and wants, I just took the moral high ground and explained I knew exactly what he was feeling, the pressure from his mother, but if he truly wanted to be with me then he should just ignore her. Was our relationship worth nothing, and worth throwing away over something as trivial as this. etc etc. He soon turned around and stuck with me, she hasn't been too much of a bother since! I don't know if any of this is relevant, but just thought I'd share my experience of how horrid some mothers can be. My mum isn't that lovely either, most of the time, so I'm getting the hell outta here before I get pregnant/if I found out I was pregnant..

I just hope your OH realises what he's missing out on and comes grovelling back, even if just for your pleasure! :hugs:

xx

well men can be pricks. Even the nice ones have their moments but this one you had will regret what he is at big time because in a while he will want to be part of this babies life thus wreaking what you have and stepping in and out. you may nip it in the bud now! let him know that either he is in or out, there is no middle ground where he can mess this childs head up in future and must face up to his responsililites now. Some mens frst reaction is to flee as its a big thing but most wise up pretty quickly when they sit down and think what an impact it makes on the rest of their lives, childs lives etc.
A swift reality kick up the ass is needed here and dont leave it to long. So what if he dont get on with your mum thats no excuse to leave his pregnant girlfriend! bloody wimp! i hope he wises up.

anyway sorry for being brutelly honest there. i am sure you will do great without him just dont let him mess with things in the future, he needs to grow up pretty quick.

I've found the majority of them are yes! I'm really sorry hun

Well people say that there are some men out there that arnt pr**ks But im yet to find one. The ones that are actually half decent are always taken or Gay. The way i look at it, I'd rather be alone and happy than being with someone and being unhappy just so im not lonely... If that makes sense lol.

I do think that it sounds like hes using it as an excuse to be honest. Although it may be a problem thats stopping yous be together, that does not mean he cant go to scans or be a part of the babies life and his attitud towards that makes me feel like hes using it as an excuse.

My oh doesnt get on with my mum..to be quite honest she treats him like complete n utter shite sometimes. But once I got so upset about it and he told me that nothing or no one can stop us being a family. So I think if you really want something you would work hard to keep it. It doesnt seem like hes willing to try, not even for the sake of a baby. This also being why, although it is a problem, I think its more of an excuse.
:hugs: You sounds like a strong women, you'll be a great mummy xx

My Ex partner is the same, we were together for 4yrs and told me a year into relationship he wanted my children etc, but i was on the pill. I eventually came off the pill and i fell pregnant. The day he found out, he said i'd better leave as he dont want a kid and he doesnt want nothing to do with me...it sounded as if i wasnt any use to him anymore. I kicked myself for ages and he was trying to force me into having a abortion which i'd never do. Men just play games with your mind, and we are all stronger than what you think. The love you will get from your beautiful child and your family will never be anywhere near the love from a partner. xxx

Thanks to everyone, you've all been great :)
It just seems like he's playing mind games and it's getting to me now...
He text me before he went to bed last night to say "night x" which was a bit weird, n then he text me earlier today saying "i love you and always will" then he's telling me that we can't make it work :S
... Seriously don't know whether I'm coming or going right now x

Well maybe you should start calling the shots? You tell him it really can't work when he won't be straight with you and keeps giving you mixed signals! It's not fair if he's doing that because it will keep you from moving on. :hugs:

Tbh ur mum shudnt of got involved in the first place and prob scared him away more than he already was so has ued that as the only reason stead of tellin u all his reasons.
But he sounds like a bit of a wimp if he cant even stick around for his own kid!
You dont need someone like that and u seem like a strong girl so try not to worry bout him or stress cos u dnt need it! If u think bout ur self things will eventually fall into place!
You find when things get tough, that when people show their true colours!!

Men are all pussys lol(No offence to the gud ones)....thas why we r the ones who get pregnant lol!

Hope u get thru it ok hun! xxx

I think that you are better off without him, especially for the time being. I mean, its normal to freak out over being a parent, but the way he is dealing with it is rubbish.
I know I'm simplifying, its always more diffucult when its you, but you need to not be stressed and constantly wondering what the problem is.
And your mom sounds like my mom. Almost parallel. But at least she is trying.
And they aren't all bad, men. It took me 28 years, but I found one.

aww sarah sorry to hear that, didnt realise. sounds like hes messin wiv ur head big time. and i know u'd deffo be strong enough to raise a kid on ur own so dont let him get to you. sounds as if he has issues he needs to sort out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->