Seriously hurt feelings by coworkers!!!!

ILUVSHOPPING

Reaction score
With Mother's Day approaching on Sunday, I've been looking forward to celebrating this day. Sure, my DD isn't here, yet, but that doesn't make me any less of a mother. Well today as I expressed my excitement about the holiday, one of my coworkers shot me down by telling me, "You can't celebrate. You're not a real mother yet." Seriously? :cry: And it would've been one thing if it was only said once. But no :nope:, it became a conversation between her and a male coworker of mine. And here I am, defending my right to be called a mom right now. What's makes this even harder to take is that this coworker just found out on Wednesday that at the age of 36 she is expecting her 1st LO. I even told her that this is great news to receive with Mother's Day coming. I'm beyond hurt right now.

Sorry for the rant.

Oh hun don't let it get to you. Next time just say, "oh well that's your opinion. To ME, I AM a mom and will be celebrating mothers day. So suck on that."

You can leave the last bit LOL.

If its any consolation, OH didn't get me a Mother's Day card this year whilst I'm expecting. He said the same 'you're not a mother yet'

People can be such a-holes. :growlmad: Just because your DD isn't here yet, doesn't make you any less of a mom at all! The insensitivity of people absolutely floors me sometimes. Celebrate Mother's Day, hun. You deserve it! :hugs:

If its any consolation, OH didn't get me a Mother's Day card this year whilst I'm expecting. He said the same 'you're not a mother yet'

My husband said the same thing to me too. I figured I will just pamper myself then. lol.

I think it's ridiculous. My husband usually gets me a card for Mothers Day that comes from my dog and my horse! Lol! This year (whilst actually pregnant) he forgot and blamed the dog!!! Hee hee!
You're definitely a mum as far as I'm concerned.

Coworkers can be horrible.
Dont listen to her.
Mothers Day is tomorrow here in Australia.
I had a miscarriage last year & will always consider myself a mum.

Happy Mothers day to all xox

My OH got me a little something with DD(while I was pregnant) , though I wasn't expecting it. I thought it was sweet.
If YOU want to celebrate it isn't their place to judge or comment. They can skip out when its their mothers day lol

Don't listen to the negative nellies. You ARE a mum. Happy Mothers Day Hun. Enjoy your special day! Xxx

Absolutely celebrate! I had similar comments from someone at work, someone who has no children of her own I might add and who got upset one year when her step children didn't get her a card but told me I couldn't celebrate because I was pregnant but hadn't given birth yet!!! Go figure! Only mums who have given birth can celebrate?????
Dh spoiled me with chocolates and flowers and prezzies because whilst baby isn't here yet I'd still gone through enough for our baby to warrant a day of spoiling! Happy Mothers day

Just gonna throw this out there to you third tri mummies...

Who has been suffering with ms for the last 8 months

Who has not drank alcohol or eaten restricted foods

Who has had shocking heart burn

Who has been sleep deprived and sore and tired

Who has been taking they're prenatals ...watching for any movement changes and making sure every day that lo is healthy and happy...

Who's had 100000x blood tests and been poked and prodded like a stuffed animal...

US

Anyone who thinks your not a mummy hasn't been through pregnancy clearly-!!!!

So does that make mummies who's babies have died after birth or SIDS not mummies?

Fuck no!!!!!

You have made a huge sacrifice for your own pleasures and feelings and want and needs and are putting that all on hold for your little lo...

That's what a mum does... Puts her bubbas before anyone else and guess what... If y'all are anything like me then that's what u been doing since u seen that double line :)

Happy Mothers Day for tomoro expecting mummies...

Coz you ALL deserve it!!!

I thanks you all for saying these things. I tried not to let it get to me while at work. So of course, as my crazy hormones would have it, by the time I got in the car I burst into tears. I feel better after reading your comments. As yes, from the first moment that faint 2nd line popped up on my test, I changed everything I was doing to care for this LO. I AM A MOM!

I had a similar comment last year after having a miscarriage at 11 weeks the weekend before. Some people can be so cruel! In my opinion we're all mothers even if we haven't yet given birth. Hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow. Xx

Not a mother yet?!?! Wtf?!?

That is ridiculous! I'd have slapped her!

I also saw a post once that said 'you're not a real mum until you're holding a live baby'

I nearly screamed!! Insensitive people are nasty.

You are a real mum, I called it my mummy-to-be day when we celebrated in March in UK. I also wish my pregnant best friend the same. :flower:

You're a mummy the minute that little bean is created, you have to love and look after your child for the whole 9 months before s/he is born.
Ignore the comments and celebrate Mother's Day, we deserve a bit of credit for what were doing! :hugs:

mothers day in ireland is gone already but on moms day, my sis said to me. imagine ur last year not being a mom for mothers day .
um hello, i have an angel baby and am expecting, i should have had a 4 month old baby on moms day this yr , its not my fault i had mmc !!!!! some people really just dont think at all .
dont let um bother u :) happy mommys day :)
i consider myself a mommy to 2 kids, one i will hopefully hold soon ish :)
i too asked my OH where was my card and got ur not a mom yet!! argghh. i feel ur annoyance xxxxxxxx

I'm the exact opposite. I'm due June 24th and want to wait til next year to celebrate my first Mother's Day. I just feel more Motherly actually having my beautiful daughter here to hold and kiss. With that being said your co-worker is rude and you are truly a mother. Enjoy your Mother's Day.

I've been lugging this baby around in my body and I'm not supposed to be a mother? Haha, people are amusing.

i actually just mentioned this same thing in a another post....a happy mother's day post...my hubby was originally saying i wouldn't have mother's day but that was a couple months ago...i hope he's thought better of that now!! his mother even said to me this morning that i wouldn't get to celebrate until next year but pointed out that 'daddy' will get to celebrate father's day....its definitely hurtful and bothersome!!

i say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO US ALL!!

ah, I totally understand how you feel. I thought everyone would be wishing me happy mothers day, especially where i'm due so soon. but my parents never said anything or got me a card, which I was really surprised by just from the way they are. And mil said today 'oh you'll get to celebrate mothers day next year!!' dh better have a card or something for me tomorrow :haha:
anyway happy mothers day to us all!!!! at least we have each other to wish happy mothers day to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->