Seriously? My big fat gypsy christening....

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
I'm just watching it and when a girl was asked what do you tell your children about where babies come from she answers with 'you buy them from the hospital' and carries on with 'if you don't have much money you buy a girl if you've got loads of money you buy a boy'.
I can't believe that in this day and age women are still portrayed as the weaker sex. It makes me angry. I know they have a different way of life but this is terrible :(

Don't believe everything you see and hear on TV. All the travelers I know are very vocal that the men pretend to be 'the boss' but it's actually the women that run the show! One of my best friends is a traveler and although there are similarities between that show and her community, the show is like a poorly edited, exaggerated version on them!

I found the breast feeding opinions very uncomfortable to watch. I was shouting at the tv.

:rofl: there's a baby called "precious Charmaine joanna Rosemary cheeky Shirley paradise Edweena Lee".. And we're struggling with one name?

I don't know why I ever watch those shows as I end up in a rage after. I'm sure there are some perfectly nice travellers out there but the ones they film wind me up.

Their attitude towarfs breastfeeding is weird. Program annoys me but I can't help but watch!

As a mother of twins, i found the pregnant twin mum's attitude shocking ! Couldn't believe the weights of the babies either !

As a mother of twins, i found the pregnant twin mum's attitude shocking ! Couldn't believe the weights of the babies either !

I was screaming at the tv with her, "Go to the hospital! Have regular care STOP DRINKING REDBULL!!!!"

This really pissed me off! I had too much fluid and gestational diabetes and I cut sugar out of my diet as much as possible as I was terrified of harming my unborn baby yet this woman was knocking back red bull like it was going out of fashion and said something like "if my babies are going to be big then they are going to be big" really?!

Breastfeeding is disgusting but knocking back redbull and smoking when you're pregnant is perfectly fine...as is getting your six week old's ears piercing and letting your kids dress like strippers grrrrr. Also pretty disturbed to hear infant mortality rates are 4 x higher amongst travellers, shouldn't that be looked into?

It also pissed me off when the mother refused to listen to the advise that babies under 6 months shouldn't eat solids. No not even a suck of custard off the dummy silly woman.

Did she seriously put a cigarette to her babies mouth?! Some people don't deserve children!!!!

Did she seriously put a cigarette to her babies mouth?! Some people don't deserve children!!!!

Agreed

I normally take this programme with a pinch of salt I was shouting so loudly at the tv and then seeing those babies not in car seat. That mother should be more flipping greatful for what she's got if she'd not careful those babies will be taken away from her (I can only hope!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->