Seriously puzzled! Please help me understand my cycle...

bozzy

Reaction score
I came off BCP in Oct 09 and after withdrawal bleed, I was straight into normal 29 day cycles and have been that way every cycle apart from last cycle which was 30 days. I haven't charted previous cycles but was checking CM (which I don't generally get a lot of) as an idea of what was going on.

Decided to start temping this cycle as we're now nearly 6 months in. Temps weren't really showing anything and for the past 2 weeks I've not been sleeping well and I'm waking up every hour or so. I'm assuming this would affect my temps in which case I'm not sure I can trust it anyway. Because of this I gave up with temping and was only taking now and then https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2bf543 . I'm going to start taking it daily again though I'm still not sleeping properly, does anyway know how much this could effect my temps if I've been restless and waking a lot?

I'm now CD33, no sign of AF and 2 BFNs (last night and this morning with FMU). Going by FF, I've not ovulated but I did show other signs mid cycle - small amount of EWCM, increased sex drive, sharp pains. I've had an increased amount of creamy CM over the past 10 days (ie it leaks out which it hasn't at any other point of cycle), had a small amount of crampy pains over the past few days, had some back twinges yesterday so I thought all the signs were good yet it was a BFN.

I just don't know what to think, I know I'm only 3 days late but having had such a regular cycle since coming off bfp, it's really thrown me. If I've not ov'd I'm guessing there's a chance I might not see AF. I bought a CBFM to start using this cycle but not sure when to start that? (I haven't unwrapped it yet incase I got a BFP so haven't even read instructions!)

Sorry for the essay! Any advice would be much appreciated xx

hi hun didnt want to read and run!

I was temping last cycle but decided not to this cycle for the same reason that you have - poor sleeping! I think it does affect accurate temps as you're up or awake at different times each day. For me it just didnt feel accurate and was more a pain in the butt!

Have you done opk's too? They can help detect the LH surge that releases the egg.

Also in relation to your missing AF - some women don't get a bfp until around 18dpo. What test did you use?

Forgot to say, the only different thing this cycle is that I took EPO for the first two weeks? I think I have read somewhere that it has been known to screw up cycles, has anyone experienced this before?

It can delay ovulation apparently, perhaps you ovulated later than you thought and AF isn't due yet?

Thanks Ness, I think maybe you're right though I don't think it could have been any later than about CD19 in which case I'm thinking maybe she'll make an appearance today.

I did start using cheapie opks but I wasn't even getting a hint of a 2nd line let alone a line as dark as the control so I gave up with those! I bought the CBFM in the hope of getting a better idea.

I tested with FRER yesterday afternoon and a CB digi this morning, I'll test again in a few days if AF still hasn't shown but I'm not holding out any hope for a BFP :(

Aww hold up that PMA unless AF shows :hugs:

the CB digis are about 50miu so not sensitive at all and the FRER's are supposed to be sensitive but half the time people who are pregnant don't get anything on them for a few days until after AF is due!

FX for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->