Seriously?!:-/

TriChick

Mom-Wife-Triathlete:)
Reaction score
Just a moan. I just returned to work on Sunday, and have been having supply issues ever since. When I returned I knew I was making JUST enough milk to satisfy LO with constant nursing. Since returning, I am only getting 2oz each time (with the Medela Symphony my work provides), bring home only 8-9 oz at the end of the day. My work day, including commute, is 12 hours. Obviously not enough to make LO happy:( Over the past few days my miniscule freezer stash had dwindled, and I currently have one 2.75oz bag left in there. Needless to say, tomorrow will be the first time LO is introduced to formula and I could just bawl. I've taken Fenugreek, eating oatmeal, drinking tons of water and Gatorade, and just started Motherlove More Milk Plus capsules last night. Every day he wants just a little more than I can provide, though not from lack of extreme trying:(

Our building has a nursing room that can accommodate 3 women at a time. With all of my struggles (and wanting to cry at the end of every pump session when I combine my bottles and know it won't make the cut), fate sees it funny that the woman I share the room with during my morning time slot has an oversupply and pumps 18+oz in the time it takes me to get my 2. Nothing like having that right in your face to make you feel like bawling:sad2:

Rant over.

I feel for you ! I'm producing the same as you :-/ it's so difficult I have put it down to stress and lack if sleep I'm taking fenugreek as well and helped a little . I don't know what to say other than you are not alone it's so difficult sometimes I can't express any I had been ebf up until 5.5 months when we started weaning hen just my milk and food and a week ago introduced some formula but not using it anymore as she didn't go any longer at night . Maybe try and relax a little don't know how I wish I could :) good luck x

Have you considered milk sharing? There are milk sharing networks you could join.

I'm sorry; that would be really hard. Have you tried eating more calories? I haven't had supply issues, but I notice after I really pig out (like big Christmas dinner, and leftovers the next day; I'm a sucker or stuffing and cranberry sauce) I get super engorged and start leaking everywhere.

I think milk-sharing is a really cool idea. If I were that lady in the room with you, I'd definitely offer to give you my extra. Formula made from cows milk is just another kind of milk-sharing (with cows) so I wouldn't feel weird about it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->