Seriously....

VAinTX

A Mom Running On No Sleep
Reaction score
How in the world am I going to drink the recommended amount of water when drinking water makes me wanna barf. :wacko: I can't even drink my decaf coffee anymore. Did I mention that I had no real symptoms with my first pregnancy??? Oooohhhh, how lucky I had it then! I'm trying small sips through out the day, but I still find that I'm only reaching about 3/4 of the goal... looking for tips and tricks girls!

xoxo

I think you should just try your best. It's early and we aren't perfect. I haven't had my vitamins in 3 days b/c they make me sick. Buying new ones this evening.

Maybe you can trick yourself? Cool-aid, gateorade, or juice?

Good luck!

I put a slice of lemon in my water bottle. Shake it up good so the lemon juice gets mixed in. My kids are drinking more water since they tried my lemon water, too! (It takes a bit of getting used to, though)

Ice water tends to go down easier, too.

I'm just drinking as much as I can manage, and not beating myself up about it. We drink filtered tap water, and its been giving me horrible heartburn the last few days... which makes it worse to drink! I know it'll get better with a bit of time, so for now I'm just doing the best that I can.

Water down some fruit juice . . . or if ice cold isn't your thing, try some room temp water . . .

I know it sounds stupid but for some reason I can drink it easier and alot more if I use a straw instead of gulping it down out of a glass or bottle. I also like to put lemon in mine sometimes when im feeling really queesy.

I haven't had my vitamins in 3 days b/c they make me sick. Buying new ones this evening.
Thanks for the ideas, and good luck with your new vitamin! I have found that if I take mine before bed... full from dinner, it helps. Early morning vitamins are a no go for me! :flower:

Ice water tends to go down easier, too.
I didn't think to add ice! Will try that for sure. Thanks!

I know it sounds stupid but for some reason I can drink it easier and alot more if I use a straw instead of gulping it down out of a glass or bottle.
I'll try this as well! I've been drinking from a bottle because it was easier than a cup... so perhaps the straw could be the ticket! Thank you!

I'm not a big water drinker either so its been a real challenge for me as well. I do love water with slices of cucumber in it though. Sounds weird...tastes amazing.

It's weird huh! I will only drink evian as it's the only water that I will drink happily all the others taste too salty & vile!! Good luck!

Straw is a good idea, last time I made squash (undiluted) into frozen cubes to put in my water gave a bit of different taste without making full on squash drinks.

You are doing well though so try not to beat yourself up over it.

Im having this problem as well. I have never been a big drinker and would normally only drink 2 pints of dilute juice a day, now cant even manage that, I try to force myself but that just makes me feel sick. Im just trying to drink little and often now so to try and get as much fluids down as possible.

I add mio to it, and try a sip every 10 minutes.
What is mio? :flower:

Thanks for all the ideas ladies... and the knowledge that I am not alone!!! I have tried the straw today, and it is helping quite a bit! Who would have thought that drinking water could be such a task??? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->