Severe breathlessness

xblondiex

Reaction score
I woke up this morning feeling like id been winded and really struggling to get my breath iv just nearly passed out going up the stairs :( anyone git any tips to relieve this? I have asthma too but thus doesnt feel like an asthma attack

No tips from me. I have asthma too, just got to go careful.

I'm also asthmatic but I've found when I have a BH I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen. I am also anemic. You may want to ask your midwife.

Thanks im still waiting for blood results ti see if im anaemic

Anemia will definitely make you more winded. Make sure to also drink enough water. Going on all fours help make room for the lungs for a while. And be sure to breathe slowly even when you're breathless, as much as you can. If you feel like you're out of breath, you tend to breathe faster, which will cause too much oxygen in your brain and make you light headed.

The only other thing I know can help is a prenatal massage with someone know knows what to do. I had one with my last pregnancy who massaged the muscles between the rib cages from front to back and it helped with breathing.

I was having this issue, I'm not asthmatic though. My iron levels were quite low. Have been on Ferritin (iron tablets) for three weeks now and my breathing is much better. That said, I don't know if it would've improved anyway, without the Ferritin?

If its really bad I would mention it to your GP. I have had this and after mentioning it ended up in A&E having tests. Apparently, whilst still rare, its more common to have a blood clot in the lung during pregnancy and they tested me for this (I was ok and all blood levels fine). I was told its just down to the pregnancy.

I am not saying it to worry you as its likely nothing, but mention it to your GP.

I keep asking for iron tabs as been passing out a lit iv beeb waitung months but the doc keeps saying no. Hopefully my bloods from hos will come back and hell change his mind

I've just had a chest infection and mine started like that had to have antibiotics so if it keeps up go to Dr hun

I'm anaemic Ferritin at 4 and HB at 9 and I get these symptoms. Good luck with the bloods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->