Severe Constipation

pirate1974

Reaction score
Friends, I am suffering from severe and now painful constipation. I know this is TMI, but someone else has had to gone through this. It is so severe that I now have major bleeding hemorrhoids. So I'm trying to clear up the constipation or at least move things along so then the hemorrhoids will clear up but in the meantime this whole situation is so painful and I cant take anything for it. I did not have this issue with my 1st pregnancy, i mean I've never had anything like this before. I feel like I have poop trapped in my entire body!!!! HELP with any or all reccos for constipation and hemorrhoids.

See your doctor- you can get scheriproct for the hemorrhoids and take fibrogel for the constipation. Both are safe in pregnancy and you can get them free if you live in the UK. Hope you feel better soon- I've been there before and it isn't nice. X

great! Thanks! I have my first appt. tomorrow with my doc. i'm in the US so i'm sure I'll have to tpay but at this point I'll pay anything for relief!!!

I had it very bad my last 2 pregnancies that I ended up in the ER almost needing surgery from severely impacted poop. I had to have it all manually removed :( The only thing that prevented it from happening again was to drink a cup of strong coffee every morning and use a basic enema when needed. I got the ok from both my previous obgyns for the enemas, so I stocked up this time just in case.

Also, drink water like there's no tomorrow.

I feel for for you! I am on my third pregnancy and this has been by far the most constipated I have ever been. I know everyone is different but this is what worked for me:

Eat bran flakes with fruit every morning and one other time during the day (I usually have it as a bed time snack)

Snack on 5 prunes daily

Load up on fruit (minus bananas since they seem to plug me up)

Drinks LOTS of water to work through all of that fiber you are eating

I wouldn't say I am 100% but it's definitely helped my hemorrhoids from bleeding and made going to the bathroom more pleasant and less traumatic. Good luck!

I had it so bad in my first tri, I went like 10 days at one point and that was with prune juice and miralax and coffee daily. What finally worked for me was milk of mag. It was so traumatic but it cleared me out.

Are you taking iron? There has to be a cause for your constipation. Usually it's either too much rice/bread/noodles/crackers, not enough veg & fruit/water, BUT when we get pregnant and start taking prenatals some of them contain REALLY hard to digest iron & even worse, some of the prenatals vontain iron and calcium in the same pill. Those two bind together and constipate us. Take a look if you think this might be the problem. I hope you can sort it soon. Psyllium husk caps will soften everything and totally safe for baby.

Oh I forgot to add, you can take a stool softener such as Colace. I completely forgot about them and just took 2 this morning. Also, so long as your doctor OKs it, but I was told to take 1 fish oil capsule a day... it's supposed to soften things up.

Take Metamucil a couple times a day (the cheaper Target or Walmart generic brands are just as good) along with about 20 oz of water (just with the Metamucil) and take a single dose of milk of magnesia at night. Do this along with a high fiber diet and you should get relief soon. Also stay far away from white bread, pasta and rice - that stuff will sit in you like a brick and not let anything else pass.

One other thing that helped me was eating bean soup for at least one of my meals. You can get canned black bean, bean and bacon, lentil or split pea soup and eat one can for a meal at some point in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->