Severe nausea

Dolly nurse

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have such bad nausea. My dr has given me some antiemetics but the side effects are horrible. I’m having the worst cramps and constipation. I’m in tears and vomiting from the pain. If I don’t take anything I can’t stand up straight. Anyone have any secrets!!!! Anything would be appreciated!

When I was pregnant with both of my girls I had such bad morning sickness that I had to be hospitalized for it. I know it sounds strange but one thing that really helped me was drinking Coca-Cola, it has to be the real sugar ones and not diet, there's an additive in it that helps the stomach to not throw up. I guess they add it because of all the sugar that's contained in them. It helped more than those Prego drop candies. I would only sip on it and not really drink too much at once. Make sure to also get some water in as well, you probably already know this but you can get dehydrated pretty quickly with morning sickness. It also helped to have a little something in my stomach at all times, not enough to make me feel full at all but enough to where my stomach wasn't empty.

Last edited:
When I was pregnant with both of my girls I had such bad morning sickness that I had to be hospitalized for it. I know it sounds strange but one thing that really helped me was drinking Coca-Cola, it has to be the real sugar ones and not diet, there's an additive in it that helps the stomach to not throw up. I guess they add it because of all the sugar that's contained in them. It helped more than those Prego drop candies. I would only sip on it and not really drink too much at once. Make sure to also get some water in as well, you probably already know this but you can get dehydrated pretty quickly with morning sickness. It also helped to have a little something in my stomach at all times, not enough to make me feel full at all but enough to where my stomach wasn't empty.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes coke has been something I have sipped on too. I have been eating a dry cracker every hour, drops, ginger ale, fruit tingles, sipping on water, lemonade icy poles. Gosh it’s exhausting to stay standing. I need a iron transfusion as it’s very low. At times I feel I might need to go to hospital but then I’m able to lie down and not throw up (when hubby gets home!)

Have you spoken to your OB about getting an iron transfusion? I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you one, I've had to have them while pregnant as well.

Have you spoken to your OB about getting an iron transfusion? I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving you one, I've had to have them while pregnant as well.
Yes I’m going to have one. Pray this will help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->