Severely blocked fellopian tubes and pregnancy

Hey, I've been reading your posts, and it has been really helpful. My story is I was diagnosed with bilateral blocked tubes distal ends. This was from a std when I was younger. Okay tubes blocked bummer. I had a follow up with my re who stated that I need ivf. I asked her if my tubes had fluid and she said, that from the ultra sounds that usually I don't. The hsg showed I did but that was just frfom the dye. She thinks that I should not surgically block my tubes as my amh level was 1.84 and she doesn't think I should clip the tubes because it will not help my egg reserve. What do you guys think? Should I clip my tubes for ivf or go with my re's suggestion and keep them the way they are. Has any one been through this?

I had both tubes bilaterally blocked. I went on a holistic journey, started taking serrapeptase, cinnamon poria and doing castor oil packs. After 4 months my right tube unblocked. I just started clomid yesterday. If it is not fluid in your tubes, it can be unblocked naturally.

Hey, I've been reading your posts, and it has been really helpful. My story is I was diagnosed with bilateral blocked tubes distal ends. This was from a std when I was younger. Okay tubes blocked bummer. I had a follow up with my re who stated that I need ivf. I asked her if my tubes had fluid and she said, that from the ultra sounds that usually I don't. The hsg showed I did but that was just frfom the dye. She thinks that I should not surgically block my tubes as my amh level was 1.84 and she doesn't think I should clip the tubes because it will not help my egg reserve. What do you guys think? Should I clip my tubes for ivf or go with my re's suggestion and keep them the way they are. Has any one been through this?

Hi sorry to hear you have blocked tubes. Do you mind me asking how old you are? Have you had a lap & dye to determine the extent of the damage to your tubes? I would def look into that before IVF. Plus I have never heard (have done a lot of research) the fact that having you tubes clipped can effect your egg reserve!!! If I was going to suggest anything to you- from talks with my own consultant, research and other ladies I know I would tell you to get your tubes removed prior to IVF. If there is any hydro (toxic fluid) in them then in can flush the embryo out and IVF chances of success are greatly reduced. I'm friends with a girl on here who had her tubes removed has had IVF and her first cycle was a success and she is now 12wks pregnant. Hope the info helps you make an informed decision.

Anne- Sorry for your bad news- Hope the next step you take is a success.
kcarey- when is your next cycle of IVF?
LL- Sorry your feeling the way you are. I know how you feel about moving on after a divorce/long term commitment. The idea of a relationship or our dreams of one are so different to reality. We want it but it just does not feel right (if i'm making any sense!:wacko: )
LC- How's things with you and also DS?

I'm 30 years old. I agree with you. I've seen over and over that I should have my tubes removed my re strongly suggests I shouldn't. I do not want to waste 13,000 on a wasted ivf. She did tell me there is no hydrophllix, but she is basing her decision on ultrasounds from the past.

Hi Mrs. Brady,

Both of my tubes were blocked at the distal ends and I ended up having a salpingostomy on my left tube (surgery to fix) and my right tube was removed because once they were inside they realized that it was too damaged to save/ repair. The question of what to do is always a guessing game for everyone. I have heard of one person that left hers in but had Essure (permanent birth control coils that are put in the ends toward the uterus. It builds up scar tissue to block any of the fluid or badness that may seep into the uterus and disrupt pregnancy). I think it is only available in the states though. I am happy with my surgery as I still have one tube and may be able to ttc naturally. If you are serious about pregnancy and are going to go for ivf, I would have some sort of pre-intervention. My ivf try still didn't work, but I am also 37 so it goes with the territory.

Welcome to the group!

I emailed her this morning. I just want them taken care of. Clipped removed don't care. I want to move on and start ivf. Thanks for the welcome!

Mrs Brady I signed for mine to be clipped. Did t happen as surgery opened. I'm having follow up with re tommorrow.
Ds is managing. Still casted. He had surgery on apr 3.

Well I signed up for the class I have to take in order for the clip! This is weird, and final i'll never be able to have a baby naturally. But I want the best outcome with ivf. nothing I read says good things about blocked tubes, although mine do not seem to be hydro on an ultrasound. I just want a baby...

Good morning girls.

I saw re. At my TAC surgery they found extensive adhesions, and removed them including respecting and removing ahesions from my ureter, which my RE was the one to tell me ( even after i saw surgeon or gyn) Of course she wants another tube test ( as I did anyways). Scheduled for next wed as long as AF doesn't show.

Hey ladies!

I got logged out and couldn't find my damn password!
Glad to see everyone progressing and doing well.

AFM- Egg retrieval was 5/18 and they got 3 mature eggs that all fertilized normally but one cultured out and stopped growing on Day 4 (6-cell) and the other two made it to expanded blastocysts and are frozen in NYC waiting to be transferred into my uterus! One at a time of course. But, I will have to have a Hysteroscopic Polypectomy in about 2 weeks. Dr. says it will affect implantation and must be removed prior to ET so if it's not in June it should be in July! It all depends on if my uterus is healed by the time I ovulate.
We do have two totsicles so I have two shots at this IVF thing right now!

I hope all you wonderful ladies are doing well and have a safe Memorial Day weekend!

I can't wait till you get your FET and fingers crossed. I'm at cd 10 of an iui cycle.

KC Long time hun. So happy to know that ER went of well and you have 2 to transfer. Praying it works first time around. You have waited for this too long. You deserve it girl. Good luck for the hysteroscopy and do keep us posted.

LC You doing iui? If I am not mistaken you were supposed to do clomid/natural cycles? Are your iui cycles injected ones?

How about the others? Afm am on cd3 of iui#3.

Yup my 2nd one. First after surgery And removal of massive adhesions. I'm on 50mg clomid.

Hi,
Im in the process of getting an appointment to got through my results with a fine tooth comb, as now I am armed with better knowledge.
I didn't ask any questions when I finally got my results.

My experience was terrible at hospital.... the doctor didn't come and see me after my op... LAP & DYE
I had to wait 2 long weeks for results by me ringing his PA!
I was referred back to hospital to explain my results... I was still in a state of shock I got shown my photos and told even tho both tubes are blocked at distal end not to worry as thy can do some amazing things... so i left happy & hopeful.

My next appointment was with the IVF clinic at the SAME hospital, just different unit...
I arrived at my IVF appointment happy and hopeful I was so wrong!
The IVF doctor refused to see me and it was a nurse that sat me down to explain to me there is nothing he will do for you because you have a daughter (not my hubbys) my hubby has no children i explained....
This doesn't matter.... He will not do anything for you....
I was a mess when I left the IVF unit...
I had to to all my appointments & operation on my own due to my hubby not being able to get time off work...

Since getting over my shock and doing lots of research I have read similar horror stories that here in the UK Doctors are very quick to get you on to IVF because you PAY for it!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So I now have no faith in western medicine as all I have left is natural healing and my faith....
The only thing Im going to push for is a HSG as I have been swatting up on it and because I will awake during procedure so I feel Im in control.

I live in hope that my Dr are wrong and I did have a little trickle of dye or I had spasm during dye test.

Another strange thing.... I had no dye on my underwear after or on my bottom...
AND I was on my period the morning of opp as I came on an hour before opp (sorry tmi)
Doctor still said I was fine to go ahead as I was due to go down to theater...

I have also bought a CBFM to start tracking my cycle Im hoping that with my herbs and healing we might have better chances as I believe my blockage is not a true block and could be light scaring and gunk? sorry tmi.
I will be posting my results good or bad as It may help another further down the line...

Best of luck to you all... sending love light & baby dust xxx

Good luck to you, LC! Praying this IUI is the magic one for you!
Anne24- How are you doing? Your baby is getting so big! :)

My hystro went well, small poly was removed and a minor D&C was done to increase the chances of conception. We will know more in the next week or two on whether my lining is thick enough to proceed with FET this cycle or wait it out until July- either way, I'm OK with.

I hope you're all doing fantastic!

Thanks KC. We had to covert to times intercourse because of clinic miscommunication :(. I'm not dealing with things well. Really wanting to give up ESP knowing adhesions are likely growing back. Just frustrated and wanting to give up. I'm in my 2ww now.

KC Sorry my baby? I guess you meant Hope's baby. Anyways glad to know that hys went well. Just a matter of days now from fet and then bfp. good luck.

LC Which cd are you now? I understand the frustration part completely. I am doing iui#3 and have no hope that this one is going to work. Also I don't have a plan B after 3 failed iuis. I feel miserable at times and really feel like giving up. Its never gonna happen :(

I'm cd 19 and 2 Dpo. What about you?

If this doesn't work. I wanna increase my clomid dose for an August iui. If we did back to back cycles I'd end up due on my ds 19th birthday.

I think I wanna try IVF. Dh I dunno tho.

Hi LC I am just done with 2b2b insemination for iui#3. I am really not hoping for a miracle and mentally gearing up for ivf in fall/winter.

Hi.I see that you had the same problem that I have,both tubes blocked at the end closed to the ovaries.I just found out and I am not sure if the laporoscopy will help since the doctor said that me chances are under 50%.can you please tell me what you did and if everything was solved?Thanks.

Hi didi30 According to my lap report the tubes were cleared after the surgery. However I am not sure of the exact procedure though they did push 500ml of saline water. I don't know if that actually helped open the tubes though? Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->