Sex after childbirth ???

Natty_babez

Alexa-Jayne & Daisy-Mae
Reaction score
I gave birth to my LO just over 2 weeks ago I suffered some second degree tearing and also some grazing. My stitches have all fallen out and everything seems fine down there so was wondering how long generally do you have to wait before I can have sex again ? I'm not on the pill so wo t be doing anything until I'm fully covered with that but just wondered how long you all waited n whether it's to early yet to try anything ??

Xxx

They recommend 6 weeks, but I did it after 10 days and was perfectly fine, I had stitches as well, not loads but some <3

hmmmm I haven't had sex since well...let's see, Kelana is almost 9mths and we conceived her in Nov. 09....so that plus that...almost 18mths! lol. Not that I am missing it! I have no time. With my first we waited 4mths, with my second I think it was 3 weeks!!! LMAO. Whenever you are ready and find the time.

I'd definitely wait until your 6 week checkup. YOU may think everything is fine but it might not be. Better wait than take any chances. Xx

We waited 2 weeks and it was all fine, however I hadn't quite done enough pelvic floor exercises if you get what I mean!

I waited four, I had 2d degree tears and labia tears. It was fine, the skin between my bum and bits , sorry can't remember, hurt a little but we just used tonnes of lube . I couldn't have done it before I was a bit scared x

I'd definitely wait until your 6 week checkup. YOU may think everything is fine but it might not be. Better wait than take any chances. Xx

i agree wait till your appointment

I had a 2nd degree tear too, I waited 3 weeks and it was fine. My midwife said that I could as soon as I felt comfortable and my doctor asked if I had at my 6 week check and asked if there were any issues xx

Well i believe my bean was concieved by emmaculate conception since we have probably had sex less than ten times in over 6 mths!

I was advised to wait till my 8 week postnatal check at the perineal clinic, but i am sure you know your own body:winkwink:

I had a tear and about 30 stiches. I waited until my 6 wk check, although they didn't actually check anything! I think it was more of a mental thing for me! Def recomend lots of lube...I felt bruised inside!!!!

But just do it when you are ready, if you do it and your not, hubby will just have to wait a bit longer hahaha!!!

xx

hmmmm I haven't had sex since well...let's see, Kelana is almost 9mths and we conceived her in Nov. 09....so that plus that...almost 18mths! lol. Not that I am missing it! I have no time. With my first we waited 4mths, with my second I think it was 3 weeks!!! LMAO. Whenever you are ready and find the time.

Glad im not the only one, i havent had sex since i was 38 weeks preggers to try to bring on labour with no luck lol :haha:

Still haven't and won't for another 4 months. DH is deployed. Reallly miss it, lol. But we tried at about 2 weeks (before he left) and I couldn't do it.

2 weeks after having ds1. (I got caught pregnant when he was 3 months old again lol). 2 weeks after having dd. 10 days after ds2. 1 week after ds3. And erm 1 day after having ds4. After feeling so fat and uncomfortable its always seemed like a valve released after having the baby. Poor dh gets ravished after I've had babies. No stitches though.

I have to say I am nearly ten weeks pp and we tried tonight to dtd but it felt like he was stuffing a razor blade up there!!! I had 2nd degree tearing and epsitomy, we just couldn't do it, every one is different bug I'd defiantly wait until after 6 week check

Wait till you're ready and dont feel pressured, every womans birth is different so we all feel ready at different times:hugs:

Ive had 4 kids and felt ready all over the place lol.

#1, forceps and waited 2 1/2 years (was single too)
but wouldve been months at least before ready.

#2 smooth delivery with small graze: 10 days

#3 c-section: 10 days (hurt for me after this than my vaginal births)

#4 vbac with v small 32-weeker, no tears/grazes and no pain: 4 days:haha:

If your cervix or tears are still open then you can get an infection.

But if you do venture that way, use protection, LOTS of lube (like mineral oil) and go slow.

I had sex 10, 14 days and a few more up to 6 wks PP and was fine. My delivery was natural and short, with a tear on the inside of my vagina and on my labia. Still was sore and sensitive there at 10 days and even 7 weeks PP still not 100% but definitely is more enjoyable :flow:

I waited until I was fully healed before having sex (6w OB apt to confirm).

To those ladies who have not had sex in a while do you just not do it because you don't enjoy it anymore or is there another reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->