Sex after d&c

fairycat

Reaction score
It's been a little over 4 weeks since my d&c and hubby and I just had sex for the first time since I got pregnant in July. It really didn't feel pleasurable, and it felt like I couldn't really feel much. Is this normal? Has anybody else experienced this? Should I be concerned? I don't know if it was mental or not as I was kind of nervous how it would feel.

It may take a while for you to feel like your body is meant for something other than procreation (w/out enjoyment) and that is normal. In the past three years I have been pregnant 4 times with 5 babies. I had two MC's followed by my DD and 13 months of breastfeeding then straight into another MC. Trust me, feeling sexy is just not in the cards for me right now either although I am getting there.

Right now your body probably feels like a medical experiment, I know mine does. Give it time. You and your body will get back on track. When you become excited again about sex your body should respond. If it still doesn't, talk with your doctor or midwife. Most likely all is fine.

I seem to have only 1.5-2 weeks where I'm "in the mood", and that's before O. I O'ed a little over a week ago. I'm hoping it's just because I wasn't into it. One of my legs has been numb-ish since my D&C, and I'm just praying it isn't affecting my senses elsewhere. I have a herniated disc, so I'm assuming they tweaked my back during my procedure. Every little thing just makes me nervous as I have never gone through any of this before.

I highly doubt your d&c would cause numbness. More likely what you are feeling is from the pregnancy hormones but you should call your doctor. Numbness/tingling are not things to be ignored and no one here will be able to diagnose you.

I would not worry but I also would not ignore it. Your lack of sex drive is most likely from the hormone crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->