Sex in early preg

me222

Reaction score
So...is it safe? What do you all think? Do some bleed a bit after? We haven't dtd since we found out.

Personally it makes me nervous, but I know that's irrational because any doctor will tell you it's safe. I asked my doctor personally and she laughed and said yes, then went serious and said, sex can't affect a *healthy* pregnancy. If it brings on mc, that pregnancy was never going to survive anyway. And in some cases, if the baby has already passed but your body hasn't reacted yet, sex or orgasm could trigger that reaction. I think one of the reasons it makes me nervous is also because I think it's going to hurt so I can't relax - I've only had sex a handful of times in the two months since finding out for this reason. And it's been okay, I haven't had any spotting from it although I did after a spec examination so there's definitely the potential for it.
I say do it if you want to, don't if you don't. If it will cause you a lot of anxiety, it's not worth it unless your OH is Johnny Depp. Haha.
My dh understands that it's going to be sporadic at least until later in the pregnancy. By third tri with my son, I was jumping him every day because I wanted to try and help along labour/ripen everything. Think he was pretty knackered but hopefully the thought of that is getting him through the dry spell now :haha:

Sex is fine unless there is a medical reason not to. I was on "pelvic rest" during the first trimester as I had a SCH (blood pool by the placenta) which can cause problems, but as said above, a healthy normal pregnancy will not be affected by sex at all. I bled once after sex at 6 weeks, well... Spotted not bled, and a scan a few days later showed the sch which explained it.

It is fine. I have found that I am not as interested in the first few weeks, but it usually picks up about 8 weeks or so. We have had active sex lives during all my pregnancies.

With my second, I had pink spotting (just a couple of spots when I wiped) the morning after. I just held off about a week and resumed. This happened twice, DR said it was fine just irritable blood rich cervix. Nothing in first or third.

Sex is fine. I do get spotting after "first trimester" sex because I have a sensitive cervix. I also get spotting when I poop during the first trimester. It's fine. My dr just instructs that I wait about a day after the spotting stops before I have sex again, just so it doesn't make it bleed.

Sex is perfectly safe for a healthy pregnancy as others have said, it's actually beneficial as orgasm keeps the pelvic floor muscles toned which helps to combat the way they weaken in pregnancy and nothing like a nice toned uterus for a better birth experience too hehe :)
I'm entirely not in the mood during first tri though, especially when I was feeling so hidiously sick, but it's slowly coming back now :haha:
I agree that you should only have sex if you truly want to and that's at any time in life! Partner can wait longer if you're not ready yet.

From a guy...

I probably could write a dissertation on the subject as I was eager to please my wife. She's about 11 weeks now and we haven't done it yet...she's felt horrible physically and has been battling a cold for weeks. If I have any advice to give you (advice from a man during pregnancy probably isn't high on the list) it's that please, please communicate with your hubby. I was panicky in the beginning (existing marital problems) but thought maybe I was losing her when she spurned some advances. Ridiculous I know...but it was weeks before she broke down and told me she wasn't up to it because of all the pregnancy stuff. It was very hard because I had ZERO idea on what to do...wanted her to feel sexy but pressuring her was the last thing I wanted. I certainly think things are calming down with her now, and she's feeling better. I'm a little scared still as I don't want to make the wrong move and I just don't think she's they type to make the first move. Since we talked though...I've felt so much better. I, nor probably your mate, would ever want my wife to feel pressured or anything near it. If you're having some anxiety about it...my immediate thought would be to take it slow and maybe try physicality without anything internal. As to what others have said...as a man...I have the rest of my life with her...a few months without will be such a small blip on the radar...it's important that you're comfortable and open with your feelings...sexual or anything else.

Thanks all. Dh wasn't pressuring me :). I was just concerned it could bring on a miscarriage. He was away for work so definitely wanted to be back with him when he returned :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->