sex in the first tri, yes or no??

ourturnnext

Reaction score
Bit of a personal question for you all but heck we're all in this together so here goes:

Are you still having sex in the first tri or waiting til after 12wks and why?

With my first I didn't have sex til 33wks but now I *might* be pregnant with my second I feel totally different and don't want to go without!

Just wondering what others are doing x

We haven't DTD since I found out, but that's just because we haven't had the time or privacy. I can't imagine going 2 months without! I mean, if I start feeling really uncomfortable or something, we won't, but as long as I'm comfortable and we both want to, I'll be having sex throughout as much of the pregnancy as I can!

I was looking forward to no AF for months and therefore lots of opportunities to DTD, but last weekend (at about 4 weeks going on 5 weeks pregnant) I orgasmed and got such bad cramps after I am not planning on doing it again until we are out of the first tri/I've had my first meeting with the midwife @ 10 weeks and got some advice from her.

I've read it's normal to cramp, but these were horrible. They didn't come on straight away. First I felt a little cramp, not too bad, then I suddenly noticed I was sweating like a fever, then I felt a sudden urge to do a BM, I went, and then simultaneously felt like I was going to vomit. I grabbed the nearest bin but it never came in the end. I spent about 5 minutes breathless because of the pain afterwards, bent over double. It terrified me. I was so scared I was going to lose the baby :cry:

So yes, for now abstaining until I find out why it was so painful. Frustrating because I am in the mood, but not willing to go through that again!

Hubby and I compromised with doing it with me on top, tmi but that way I can control the speed, the depth everything, so that I feel comfy with it... the first time we did it after bfp I was on bottom and I felt like I was being bounced around too much, so I didn't like that.. it hasn't caused any problems, and baby is doing great!! Also orgasm causes some crazy intense cramping so I avoid that at all costs at this point... I'm on progesterone suppositories and that can cause a more sensitive cervix and cause it to bleed but I haven't had any bleeding or spotting, I told hubby if that happened then he would be banned until further notice lol!!

Oh god, that sounds really scary, cally. :hugs:

Unless there is bleeding or any problems there is no reason to avoid it.

I usually do but that is because I do bleed so am advised to avoid.

I was looking forward to no AF for months and therefore lots of opportunities to DTD, but last weekend (at about 4 weeks going on 5 weeks pregnant) I orgasmed and got such bad cramps after I am not planning on doing it again until we are out of the first tri/I've had my first meeting with the midwife @ 10 weeks and got some advice from her.

I've read it's normal to cramp, but these were horrible. They didn't come on straight away. First I felt a little cramp, not too bad, then I suddenly noticed I was sweating like a fever, then I felt a sudden urge to do a BM, I went, and then simultaneously felt like I was going to vomit. I grabbed the nearest bin but it never came in the end. I spent about 5 minutes breathless because of the pain afterwards, bent over double. It terrified me. I was so scared I was going to lose the baby :cry:

So yes, for now abstaining until I find out why it was so painful. Frustrating because I am in the mood, but not willing to go through that again!

the exact same thing happened to me last night I was in agony scared me so im guna hold of DTD and just entertain my hubby in other ways I was so scared!! xx

the exact same thing happened to me last night I was in agony scared me so im guna hold of DTD and just entertain my hubby in other ways I was so scared!! xx

Sorry to hear you've been through the same. :hugs:

Yes, I'm doing the same. I don't want to punish DH, but even he is terrified for us to do anything again after seeing what happened to me. I am very sensitive so I don't think I could try DTD without orgasming, as I've read some people do.. I'm hoping it passes and the midwife will be able to give me some reassuring information. I'll let you know anything she tells me if it can be of help to you :)

Yes, I'm waiting until the next trimester. Dh keeps asking for it, but I keep just telling him that I'm not feeling well...

I am loving sex in the it at tri. Almost feels better the. When not pregnant. OH and I seem so much closer with this pregnancy now to its just incredible.
My doctor said it's perfectly fine unless I spot after and I don't so I'm gunna enjoy it!

We did early on, but I've been spotting every day for the last week (after a heavy bleed just over a week ago) so I haven't dared to.

It's a real shame because I'm feeling quite in the mood :winkwink:

Unless you're having issues with bleeding, yes!

My answer is always yes, hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->