Sex to help bring on labour- calling all success stories!?

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Man I've been on here a lot today!!

My due date is tomorrow (or Tuesday based on doc, but don't know where he got that date; guaranteed O date would make it Oct 6, all US dates make it Oct 7.) But I digress...
Have heard that sex can help bring on labour (semen to soften cervix, and O to kickstart contractions). Would probably have to do the second part on my own, but curious if anyone who was around their due date had success kick starting labour this way? Specifics would be nice (just semen, or O as well? How soon after? Etc...)

Hubby is bugging me to try since everyone is telling him it will work, but sex is quite uncomfy for me, so only want to try if odds are in our favor.

(Current signs: Baby had dropped quite low, am a little bit dilated after docs yesterday, so maybe a fingertip to 1cm? And had some stringy mucous with blood in it this morning.)

Any stories/advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks ladies!

With my son I had an orgasm and literally 1 minute afterwards as I sat up my waters broke. He was born that day! No semen involved... sorry to your husband!

Give it a try!

With my son I had an orgasm and literally 1 minute afterwards as I sat up my waters broke. He was born that day! No semen involved... sorry to your husband!

Give it a try!

This what I will be trying. Honestly I like multiple O and usually have 2-3 a day sometimes with hubby sometimes not and I think it could only help right? :haha: Semen s supposed to be good as softening cervix..maybe you guys could oral/play until he is close and let him finish inside?

Yesterday, I had an exam at my dr office, went home and DTD with OH and a chunk of my plug came out during/after! I didn't bleed any at all though, so I don't really know what to think. More plug came out later.

Haven't had any contractions today though.

Give it a try!

This what I will be trying. Honestly I like multiple O and usually have 2-3 a day sometimes with hubby sometimes not and I think it could only help right? :haha: Semen s supposed to be good as softening cervix..maybe you guys could oral/play until he is close and let him finish inside?

We do that when I'm too swollen. :blush: Sometimes I'm not in the mood to be straddled like a horse but I still want the benefits.

Yeah we haven't DTD in a couple of months due to me just being way too uncomfortable and sore. I'm worried it will cause bleeding, which is misleading when I am looking for bloody show signs and such.

Sex worked to kickstart it for me with DD. So far, I am 3 cm with this baby, and got there after dh and I dtd and I had my first actual orgasm in months. Though things have now come to a halt here and I've desperately tried dtd repeatedly hoping to kickstart it again, to no avail. But yes, it can work if your body is ready for it. Its worth a try! But they key is having an O with the semen inside, lay down a while after to make sure it stays there lol, much like when ttc!

I finally got my fiancee to have sex, I had to convince him that it would help lol, at least twice in the last few days and he has made sure that I O first and then he finishes. It gives me contractions for a while, but they stop eventually. I've been trying several things other than sex, though, it's almost time!

I finally got my fiancee to have sex, I had to convince him that it would help lol, at least twice in the last few days and he has made sure that I O first and then he finishes. It gives me contractions for a while, but they stop eventually. I've been trying several things other than sex, though, it's almost time!

How far along are you right now?

It hasn't worked at all for me! Have a feeling I'm going to go over by a lot :-( x

How far along are you right now?

I am 38+2... been having regular signs and symptoms lol just waiting, impatiently.

Sex success story here with number 2!!

We dtd, afterwards we decided to go out and drive along bumpy roads in an attempt to get things going. As I was leaving the house, I felt a dribble and assumed it was my Mr's business err coming out :rofl: Ran back in to check, couldn't really tell so shoved a pad on and headed to my mum's just in case as she was having DS whilst I was in labour. Barely set off and indeed it was my waters, could feel it on every bump in road. DD was born 10hours later!

An interesting thread.

I shall be trying this with hubby later. Lol. He'll think it's Christmas. :rofl:

I shall report back.

Sex didn't work for me (I think), but I have a friend who's waters broke during sex lol

I've only just started having sex again due to consern it would make me go into labour to early. I think if your body is ready then it may work but if it's not Ready nothing will work. Xxx

it worked for me last time, we DTD on the sunday and monday and she arrived tuesday! it did inolve the semen and the big O! it was nice to be honest because as uncomfortable as i was it was the last time we could for nearly 3 weeks when the post-birth bleeding stopped! x

Worked for me with DD # 1, started having contractions about 6 hours after and she was born the next day at 38 6/7.

Worked with my third, finished dtd and oh said oh the bed is wet, put light on and got massive shock to find lots of blood :-( had shower, changed bed and felt the contractions started almost right away, baby born twelve hours later xx

Hasn't worked for us so far; got some irregular contractions afte but they didn't amoun to anything :( have been DIY O-ing every day too but nada - ths little one is only coming when it's good and ready :/

Haven't been able to DTD since June as FOB and I haven't been together, but I've been doing other things, to no avail though. No effacement, no dilating, nadda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->