Sex to induce labor, any experiences to share?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of DTD to induce labor, could that work? Im so impatient, I just want to meet him and get my body back. I'm also frustrated with experiencing prodromal labor every day.....

Hello!
I'm due in 5 days, I'm feeling the exact same way you are. I can't wait to get this over with and meet my boy. What is dtd? Currently trying breast pumping to induce. On day two, with little results. It just makes me feel restless, agitated.

Oh! I feel foolish. Dtd = intercourse, right? Lol

Changed my title :)

I think it's kind of a hit or miss, honestly. Hasn't worked for me, but some swear by it. Completely natural, couldn't hurt to give it a shot. Maybe it will push things along for you. My mw doesn't do cervical checks, so I'm going crazy wondering if I'm at all progressed. Been considering castor oil, quite weary tho. Have you heard anything about it?

@erher no, I've actually never heard of using castor oil. This is my first time going full term. I do have a cervix check appointment today, I'm hoping it will spur things along as well is trying sex. I hope it happens soon for you and that maybe some of the things you do will work to spur it along. I'm definitely going to look up the castor oil.

here it goes again, prodromal labor starting. Braxton hicks are about 7 minutes apart and lasting 40-60 seconds. I've been having this happen at least once a day for a couple hours this past week.

Last edited:
How did the appointment go? Any good news?
Turns out I was only half a centimeter dilated. My blood pressure was higher than normal so they sent me to the hospital to make sure it wasn't preeclampsia. I have an appointment on Monday to check my blood pressure again and if it's high they're going to assume it's hypertension and schedule an induction. Good news is baby boy's head down and she could feel his head when she checked my cervix. I am severely anemic though, at a level of 8. They pumped some iron into me through an IV when I was at the hospital. I was still in prodromal labor and having BH contractions starting at 6 to 9 minutes and closing it at 4-5 minutes. After I was discharged from the hospital a couple hours later they did stop though. Going to have some sexy time tonight to see if I can get things started.

How are things progressing with you hun?

I'm sorry to hear about the complications, Kiwi. How do you feel about being induced?
That's definitely a positive note! He's making his way down and out lol!
I also have anemia (brought on by pregnancy), not as severe as your tho. I understand the struggle of it. It's exhausting to say the least. Stay safe, and best of luck to you and your whole family. I hope to hear your boy has made his arrival soon!
I'm in pain. Not sure if it's BH or what. I'm a ftm and very inexperienced to the whole process and sensations. Nothing is working to move things along. The breast pumping just left me with severely sore nipples, maybe I over did it lol. Partner is against castor oil, so I guess I'll just have to tough it out.

Thanks hun. :hugs: Same to you btw!

Is the pain in a pattern? If it feels worse than just a tightening it might be contractions. I would suggest calling your doctor and explaining what's going on if not actually going in to get checked out.

Thanks hun. :hugs: Same to you btw!

Is the pain in a pattern? If it feels worse than just a tightening it might be contractions. I would suggest calling your doctor and explaining what's going on if not actually going in to get checked out.
It's completely random. It sharp pain, not really the tightening everyone has told me to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->