Sh**ing myself :/

kandbumpx

Reaction score
I'm seriously sh**ing myself that I'm having a big baby :/. I've only ever had 2 scans .. 12 weeks and 20 weeks. And most of time when midwife measures bump I've measured a week behind. But 1 or 2 times I have measured to date. But the problem is my bump feels ALL baby, and looks ALL baby. When I feel bump, you can see she is laid in my right side but from the middle of my belly allway round to my side is hard.. Like it's her back or something? :/. I hope she's not huge I'm dreading labour as it is :/

My friend has had two kids her first was 10lb 4oz and she had a 4 hour labour with only 10 mins of pushing (no stitches) and her daughter was 6lbs 1oz (4 weeks early) and she was in labor with her for 19 hours with 45 mins of pushing and had to have an episiotomy.

She reckons that the bigger the baby the easy the delivery is as when you stand up the weight and the pressure helps the baby to be delivered quicker.

Try not to worry, what will be will be. My first was 9lbs, had some tearing and stitches but they cleared up pretty quick.
Ive been told this time the baby is a good size already and I think Im all baby and not much water as Im measuring only a week ahead.
As I got told it hurts if your baby is 5lbs or 10lbs, you will be fine hun xx

hi kandbaby where in barnsley are you hunni as im royston, i measuring a week in front so god knows what they think my crispy will weigh xx

I had a 'big baby' was always measured 3 weeks ahead and even went 2 weeks overdue. I was dreading it as the MWs told me to expect a 10lb baby.

Turns out I had a alb 11oz baby and she was just very long!

I wouldn't worry. I've finally caught up with my dates and my bump also feels like 'all baby'. Surely baby cannot be THAT big.... this is what I am telling myself anyway, to make myself feel better!

You're small. There isn't room for a baby, even a 7 lb 20 " average size baby, fluid, and placenta to all hang out in there without being all bump! lol. I had a very hard round bump with my first and she was 7 lbs 12 oz. She measured right on at every check. My baby now measures on spot usually, but all 3 of my scans have shown he is at least 1.5 weeks ahead and should be a 9 lber. I am bigger with him than I was with my daughter.... I didn't think that was possible! Don't worry. If you're measuring normally it's probably an average baby.

I'm exactly the same! My 1st I had before my due date and was 8lb6oz (which I had to have episiotomy and forceps because I'm so small) and if I'd have gone over would have been a good 10lb. I'm bigger this time than I was last time and due date has been and gone and I've expressed my worries to the hospital and they won't even scan to make sure it doesn't happen again they're going to leave me 2 weeks and in their words 'whatever happens will happen we'll deal with it when it does'. Not very reassuring :/

I was always told my son was going to be massive, he was 8lb 8oz so just fine, they feel and can look big but quite often it's fine. Try to focus on what you'll have after and that'll get you through. Labour isn't something to be scared of promise. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->