Sh*tting bricks - Any luck with Metamucil???

wlovew

Reaction score
OK, sorry for the vulgar and gross title :blush: but it just pretty much sums it up!! Anybody else??? This is horrible and disgusting and I'm really scared of getting hemorrhoids way too early (they're kind of inevitable for pregnancy tho...)!!!!! I drink a ton of water and eat lots of fiber and I'm "regular" but it's excruciating!! Does anybody have any secrets for this? I got some metamucil tonight and took a does about an hour ago. I know it's not a laxative, it's something you have to take daily for it to really help. I don't know what to doooooo, this is no fun! On top of constant nausea :sick: and hunger :munch: and really sore boobies, what a joy!!! :dohh:

I'm the exact same! I've been taking Metamucil but I really don't think it's doing anything. I just did my first poop last night after three days!

Oh LORD, how awful!!! I get the worst stomach pains too from the BRICKS moving through my system!! WTF, MAN!!! I'm thankful I still go every day but it's soooo painful and often times there's blood. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I went DAYS without going at all!!!!! o_O

It's seriously awful. It really does hurt :( And they're not even proper poops when they finally do come out! Just pebbles!!

And I have a hemmorhoid :thumbup:

Baaaahahahaaa....exactly, like rabbit turds! ALL THAT PAIN TO BIRTH *THAT*!?!? Such a glamorous time, huh?

After having my DS I was prescribed Lactulose because I had a tonne of internal stitches they didn't want ripped open by pooping :haha:, it was safe for taking whilst breastfeeding so it might well be safe for pregnancy. I sympathise, I have hemeroids from my first pregnancy and a couple of times with DD I got constipated, not badly but it still hurt a fair bit, no fun!

Milk of magnesia, or What I do is just eat some applesauce after every meal. Just a tablespoon. I read having a dose of olive oil works too

3 days of spinach smoothies made me as regularly as can be... just don't feel too concerned if it's green :D

2 cups spinach, 2 cups rice milk, 1 cup berries. Blend together and drink on an EMPTY stomach. Good luck!

I just might have to try that xakikox! Maybe it'll be easier on my tummy, too... Everything seems to make me really pukey. I just wanna sleeeeeeep alllllll daaaaaaaay..... But I can't, I have insomnia night and day. :cry::sleep::cry::sleep:

I take one colace with my prenatal every few nights or more often if I'm having trouble. The one seems to keep me good for a few days. I also think eating oatmeal and prunes really help too.

I have ibsC so this had been my life before I was pregnant, I have an anal tear and it hurts so bad, any kind of laxative gives me really bad stomach cramps... I wanted to use stooll softeners but the packet said not suitable in pregnancy.

Orange- my doc says colace is safe. Check with yours. I had a chronic tear in 2009. I eventually had the surgery and no problems after, til pregnancy! Used colace in my first and third tri last time. Then Labor! Felt like she was literally coming out my butt the whole time. So sad! Hoping not as much this time around.

I've suffered from constipation for most of my life but I never knew it could be this bad!

My Sister told me to try lactulose but I'm reluctant to try anything like this. I abused laxatives for many years due to Bulimia and laxative products don't seem to work for me, unless I take more than the recommended dose- which I obviously don't want to do whilst I'm pregnant.

Looks like it's going to be a long 6 months for me! X

OMFG - this morning when I went it was the usual jagged-rocks-coming-out-of-my-ass feeling, and then I felt some drops of liquid....my asshole was straight BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( OH MY GOD!!!! There was blood in the toilet and in my stool and all over my ass :( For a second I freaked thinking it could be vaginal but I know it's not, no way. I just saw my baby's heartbeat yesterday, everything is great. I can't believe my ass is so bloody!! Just waiting to to "go" is very uncomfortable probably because of the jagged rocks moving through my system. This is quite the nightmare, girls. I don't have any external hemorrhoids, maybe there's a fissure inside or something. OH MY GOD I DON'T WANT MY DOCTOR TO EXAMINE MY ASSHOLE!!!!! I worked with his dad, a retired judge, for 5 years when I was a legal assistant, talk about awkward! Between this razor-turd issue and the nausea (woke up today dry heaving) I am one miserable pregnant lady. ALL WORTH IT, of course..... :sad2:

Wlovew that's what my fissure does, feels like someone shoved a knife up my ass and lots of bleeding, if you sqwat over a mirror and push down a little you will probably see a little slit in your anus. It will heal on it's own as long as you get rid of your constipation, I fear I might need surgery on mine I've had it on and off for probably a year but I'm too embarrassed to see a dr!

Holy shit.... so my poops are really like razor blades then... OMG... Going to the store for prune juice right away!! I cannot handle another bloody episode like that!! And I really am not keen on showing my asshole to anybody!!!!!!!!!! I hope we get our rectums rectified....bahahahaaaaa...haha.... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->