Shabutie's September Shindig... We are now Mr and Mrs SANG!!

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd start a wedding journal seeing as the big day is just under 6 months away! :cloud9: Then I can write down my ramblings and thoughts.

Here is a bit of background.

I'm Jess, 21, and have been with my OH Paul for almost 5 years. We are getting married on our 5 year anniversary, which is the 6th September, yes a Tuesday, but any other date wouldnt have felt right for us. Also, wedding is at 4pm!

We have a 10 week old little girl called Amara - she's lovely!:cloud9:

We arent having anything major for our wedding, a church wedding in Emsworth and then a big old party in the Village hall, putting on a big buffet or yummy food. Our wedding isnt huge, it will be 80ish people attending both church and reception, witht he colour scheme of Black, White and Green.

We have:

2 Bridesmaid who are my older sister and my brothers girlfrind.
2 Ushers who are my younger brother and Pauls friend
1 Best man who is Pauls best friend

We did alot of our preparation last year, so its just the final bits pulling together. At the moment I am busy working on the favour boxes. Im decorating all 80 of them!

Anyway, here is my dress and the bridesmaids dresses, but the colour on my dress is the same as the BM's! I cant wait, but the thought of it all scares me, I get embarressed so easily, and everytime I talk about the wedding with my mum I turn bright red!

I'm here for the next 6 months!! :happydance:

:flower:

Attachments

• My dress.jpg
    My dress.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 27
  • BM dresses.jpg
    BM dresses.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 195
Oooo lovely hun, that wedding dress looks very flattering also!

How are you having flowers? cake? shoes? hair?

We're also having a church wedding :) xx

Was about to start one, when realised I already had this one, and have been neglecting it. It seems that wedding fever has hit my house, and has brought out the worst in people, as alot of my plans have changed.

So the big day is about 19 weeks away now.

I have recently fallen out with my sister, and she is no longer a bridesmaid, whether she attends the day itself will need alot of thought. So I am down to just one bridesmaid, but she is 100% dedicated, supportive and excited.

We were originally going to do the buffet ourselves, but have since discovered M+S 'food to order' and are going to get our buffet from here, it will take away so much stress from us.

Now down to some more details of my wedding.

Flowers:

They are all artificial, but look very real. I have had them for over a year! I was that excited. lol. My bouquet is made of 24 white roses, with diamontes in each rose. It then has white and silver ribbon around the stems. My bridesmaid has a mini version with 12 white roses, and no diamontes, with just white ribbon. OH had a big white rose for his buttonhole, again with a diamonte in it. all the other men have a smaller white rose with no diamonte. Our mums have a corsage of freesha's (sp) with little cyrstally drop/gem things dotted about.

Our cake:

Is 3 tiered with the top and bottom being fruit and the middle being sponge. My aunty is making it for us. It looks something similar to this.
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Planning/cake.jpg

Here are my shoes:
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Planning/Weddingshoes.jpg

Hair:

I am not having anything fancy as it just isnt me, im not very girly, and wearing a dress is a big thing for me, even OH hasnt seen me in a dress/skirt. So i am just going to get my hair cut nicely (Something I dont do often) with some layers in it, and a side fringe, and then wear a sparkly alice band type thing. My bridesmaid, I think she will just create some sort of up do for herself, she's good at all that hair stuff.

This is the church we are getting married in:

https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Planning/Stjameschurch.jpg
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Planning/InsideStjameschurch.jpg

I lied... just thought about the car.

We got a great deal on it (I think) as he is doing alot of running about. Here is what is included for £20

Collect the best man and OH from our house and take to church
Collect my mum and bridesmaid from my mums house and take to church
Come back for me and my dad, and take us to the church
Wait while the ceremony takes place, and then take me and OH to the reception venue

And here is the car:
https://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab287/Shabutie0609/Wedding%20Planning/daim2sa.jpg

OH hasnt seen the car, so it will be a complete suprise when it turns up to collect him.

I wore the same bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding last October - it's a beautiful and super comfortable dress! Mine was Wine colored. I also really, really love your wedding dress! Best of luck with the wedding - seems like you're very organized with it all!

I like to be organised, like right down to the last tiniest thing, which I think i will ahve to be mrore relaxed with, because if all doesnt go to plan, it wont really matter, because at the end of the evening I shall be a married women! :haha:

Well, I'm off out to the Sealife centre today, and having a picnic down at the beach with a good friend and her daughter, and we are going to discuss Hen day/night things to do.

I'm not really into clubbing or anything like that, so think i'd want something a bit more relaxed and chilled out, with maybe a bit of alcohol sneeking it's way in!

Ooohh it's so nice to see someone else doing the same as us! Church wedding then a hall for the reception. We were also going to do the buffet ourselves but my Nanna thought it would be too much work so has paid for a buffet for the reception. I love my Nanna!

Are you decorating the hall yourselves? We are and it's cost a fortune! I keep buying things though... Plus I wanted round tables which meant we have had to hire them so that bumped the price a bit!

Hen night, I didn't want to do clubbing so we went with a trip to Alton towers and then stayed in a lovely log cabin with a hot tub at night. It was all I wanted and more! We got to all stay together in our own mini house and play silly games (dressed two friends in loo roll wedding dresses and got some stupid photo's!) plus we got to drink a lot without it costing too much as we took our own. We also had a meal in the pub where the cabin was and ended up getting kicked off the kids bouncy castle. My friends are so silly.

Hope you have a lovely day and I can't wait to hear more about your wedding. It sounds so similar, even down to the number of people!

Ah that's so nice of your nanna. And it's not long until your big day, bet your so excited a nervous?

Yeah we are decorating it ourselves, which im quite worried about, i cant really imagine it looking that great. lol. Can I ask, are you having helium filled balloons? if so, how did you go about it. i dont know whether to buy a canister of it, or go into a card shop and get them to do it for me, so confusing!

I think we are just gonna have table sparkles, mini silver buckets with mints in them, party poppers and balloons on the tables. I dont know whether to put some artifical flowers in the centre, as I already brought the vases last year, but I dont know now!

Your hen night sounds fab. just the kinda thing that i'd love to do, I wont be having many, probably 9-10 people, so I want something everyone will enjoy too! Plus my bridesmaids is 17, so wont be able to drink unless it's bring your own type of thing.

The church music I am finding hard, none of it appeals to me. And the only hymn me and OH have thought of having is 'One more step along the world I go' but I dont think many people have heard of it. I learnt it from school. lol. Any pointers?

We went for songs everyone will know. We chose "Bind us together Lord" and "Give me Joy in my Heart". One more step is a common one too, I think most people will know that one. The other common ones for weddings are, Amazing grace, morning has broken. In fact, if you do a search on google for "Wedding Hymns" the most common ones will come up. I think "Lord of the Dance" is common too, although I doubt I could sing it without laughing!

We are having candelabras as centre pieces with loads of candles around the place and fairy lights too. We also bought some fake rose trees for £15 each which we are wrapping in fairy lights too. Along with ivy garlands and even more candles, I think the place will look nice.

We haven't gone for balloons, I think OH wants some but I haven't bought them yet! I think the helium cannister is a good idea, if you can find one cheap enough. Although if you are having balloons as your centrepieces then I would go for it. You don't want a couple to pop and then have to trek back into town to blow more up!

If you have bought vases already, you could put a couple of artificial flowers in each? We got some from IKEA, the gerberas I think they are called. They look like coloured daisies. They were 39p each, so we are putting two in a vase filled with coloured sand and scattering these around the hall too.

Your tables sound lovely, and the hall will look great! I think the fact that we'll be doing it ourselves means we can get it just how we want it. :)

:wave: Yay for wedding journals! Love following them! Sorry about your plans changing but some things just aren't worth compromising over. :hugs:

£20 for the car hire???? Thats incredible.

It all sounds so lovely! I love your shoes and the church is beautiful!

£20 for the car hire???? Thats incredible.

It all sounds so lovely! I love your shoes and the church is beautiful!

:rofl: if only... I meant £280.

Ah, I hope the image I have in my head is how it actually looks on the day! My shoes were a bargain at £12-£15 (cant quite remember, brought last year)

Well, after my day out, I think it is pretty much decided that during the day we will be going to Madame Tussades, and maybe another attraction, either London Eye or London dungeons. Although I'd love to go to the natural history museum, but I think everyone else would find it boring as hell.

Then maybe in the evening have a girly night in. with face packs, dvd's (Maybe get the girls to bring their fav) some funny games, and maybe a takeaway with some nibbles, just a big old PJ party, with a bit of alcohol thrown in!

Would you guys find that boring?

oooooo that makes more sense!
nope- sounds like my idea of heaven, esp the museum- I'm a history degree student!

Well i just got off the phone from OH. (he is away at work for 4 months) and his dad has had quite a bit to say about the fact OH is taking my last name when we marry.

He thinks I asked OH to do it as a test, to see how much he loves me! WTF!! This man is really something else. he always feels he needs to stick his nose in. I know it is his family name that wont be carried on now, but to suggest something s stupid as this, must say alot about what he thinks of me. You'd think after 5 years (well almost) of being with OH I dont need to test his love, were getting married for god's sake!!

Sorry just needed to rant, and thought i'd do it here!

:(!!! That's just ridiculous!!!! Aww sorry hun, that would upset me massively too. :nope:

What!? Oh just ignore him hun, it's not really his decision and your OH will know he is full of cr*p. You just concentrate on your wonderful wedding day. It's all about the two of you, anyone else can think what they want.

Strange, strange man.....:dohh: Just ignore him!

Your hen do sounds absolutely fab - it means you will actually get a chance to speak to your girls as opposed to being in a cheesy, noisy nightclub where no one can talk.

Love the bargain shoes, I'm glad I didn't spend a lot on mine either as they ended up in the bin the next day!

xxx

Strange, strange man.....:dohh: Just ignore him!

Your hen do sounds absolutely fab - it means you will actually get a chance to speak to your girls as opposed to being in a cheesy, noisy nightclub where no one can talk.

Love the bargain shoes, I'm glad I didn't spend a lot on mine either as they ended up in the bin the next day!

xxx

I hadn't thought of it that way :thumbup:

I'm not a huge heel wearer so i think i'll need a bit of practice, god only knows how I'll manage to stand for 45mins int he church!:haha:

Im still trying to figure out how H2B goes about taking my last name. Everything I read just makes me more confused. Anyone know anything about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->