• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shabutie's September Shindig... We are now Mr and Mrs SANG!!

I assume it's a deed poll thing? Not really sure to be honest!

I had a long service too (about 45 minutes) and I had quite a big dress so was able to move my feet about underneath to keep the blood moving xx

Well I think it's a Deed Poll thing, but im not sure either, as women dont need to, so why would/should men?

I think the best place to ask may be my church parish office.

If it is a Deed Poll issue, my mum seems to think that OH will have to do it before we marry, but I dont see why?

On to something I am certain about, I have changed my mind on our table centrepieces at the reception hall. We are going to do some helium filled balloons, but thought this may take too long, what will all the ribbon etc. So now we are going to use the vases I brought last year (below) and buy some fresh white flowers from Asda and pop them in the vases. Simple, but hopefully elegant. The tables will also have green and clear sparkles scattered around.

Also, when our guests arrive at the reception hall the usher's are going to give them a welcome drink and a tube of bubbles, and tell them that we want them to blow the bubbles as we cut the cake. So im hoping it will make for some lovely photo's.

:flower:

Attachments

• Vase.jpg
    Vase.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Not really anything new with the wedding itself, but I have majorly fallen out with the In-laws. I told them to 'F**k off and leave me alone' :haha: So i am now worried, again, that it will be awkward at the wedding, and the build up to it, i.e Hen night, rehersal.

Not about him taking your last name again, is it? :dohh:

Not about him taking your last name again, is it? :dohh:

Yeah, what else could it be. :haha:

He also asked me to consider asking OH's sister to be a bridesmaid again, as my sister isnt one anymore! I couldnt believe it.

I asked her int he fIrst place to bring us all together, and I got a lack of comitment and enthusiasm. Still with 4 months to go, they have never sopke about the wedding!

On a lighter note, we have decided on the reading that my brother (Usher) will read in the church. We are getting the vicar to read the regilous reading, and tehn my brother read this one, which is more of a poem, but I think it is perfect! :cloud9:

Today is a day you will always remember
The greatest in anyone’s life
You’ll start off the day just two people in love
And end it as Husband and Wife

It’s a brand new beginning the start of a journey
With moments to cherish and treasure
And although there’ll be time when you both disagree
These will surely be outweighed by pleasure

You’ll have heard many words of advice in the past
When the secrets of marriage were spoken
But you know that the answers lie hidden inside
Where the bond of tru love lies unbroken

So live happy forever as lovers and friends
It’s the dawn of a new life for you
As you stand there together with love in your eyes
From the moment you whisper ‘I do’

And with luck, all your hopes, and your dreams can be real
May success find its way to your hearts
Tomorrow can bring you the greatest of joys
But today is the day it all starts.

Aw your wedding looks beautiful, I love the reading at the end too, can I be really cheeky and ask where your bridesmaids dress is from? How are things with the in laws now? xx

Aw your wedding looks beautiful, I love the reading at the end too, can I be really cheeky and ask where your bridesmaids dress is from? How are things with the in laws now? xx

Ah thanks hun, I am hoping it will all come together. I got a few bits out the other day, and it got me all excited again, as I forgot half of what I had brought.

My bridesmaid dresses are by Alfred angelo Style 7016. When I brought them, almost 2 years ago they were £149, but I think now they are about £170.

I might need to buy another one so that the bridesmaid who I have left will have a dress that fits. But I am hoping that one I have already can be altered. Otherwise I'll have 3 spare dresses. lol

In-Laws: Well we still arent talking, and his dad hasnt sent me any emails back. I spoke to my OH yesterday and he told his dad (As they are on the same ship together) that give it a few weeks and try again! :dohh: So I told him I meant what I said. His dad did ask me to consider asking OH's sister to be a bridesmaid again. She wasnt interested 1 year ago (and they still havent mentioned the wedding) so why would she suddenly get inetrested with 4 months to go.

OH gets back 5 weeks before the wedding, and his dad 7 weeks before, so hopefully they will start showing interest, for my OH's sake, and turn up and be happy for their son- just have to wait an see.

xXx

:hugs: I do too hun. I don't blame you for not wanting to have his sister in there if she's not asking about it.

Last night I decided that I would ahve a go at making some possible wedding favours. I was planning on truffles, but thought they might melt too easy, so went with peppermint creams and Coconut Ice in my colour scheme (Green)

What do you all think?

Also, if I have enough time, I think I'd like to have a try making my own seed paper to give as a favour too. Might have to experiment :thumbup:

Also, was wondering about petticoats. My dress is A-line, and doesnt have much underneath to give it shape, do you think a petticoat would be worth while. I am assuming when the pictures are taken on the designer's website, they always have petticoats underneath?

And after all the hassle with my sister not being a bridesmaids made, it left me with alot of spare stuff. So my wonderful remaining bridesmaid suggested I used the spare Bouquet to throw. I thought it was a lovely idea, as I dont think it is something that is done much these days, but it still a fun element thrown in. Anyone else doing this?

Attachments

• P5080072.jpg
    P5080072.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P5080085.jpg
    P5080085.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P5080086.jpg
    P5080086.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
  • P5080076.jpg
    P5080076.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2
Oooo loving those favours! They look and sound scrummy!

As for a petticoat.. my dress is also A line and does have some tulle and netting underneath but I'm still having a 2 hoop petticoat under mine to give it that added "bouff". Having looked at the piccie of your dress, it looks like a hooped petticoat has been used.. I guess it all depends on how bouffy you want the dress really! If it was me, then I would use a petticoat.. 2 hooped one should be enough to give it that added structure.
Or you could get a hoopless petticoat which is just crinoline layers, but if the skirt of the dress is heavy then will flatten the crinoline and end up looking quite flat by the middle of the day! Just crinoline is also going to make you hotter whereas a hooped petticoat will keep the skirt and layers off your legs for the most part.
Is your dress from a bridal shop? If so, when you go for a fitting, you'll be able to try out some petticoats and find which is the best for you.
I did alot of research on petticoats to find which was the best for my dress and came across a tip which said that when you have your dress on, if when you're walking and the fabric of the skirt goes in between your legs, then it needs a petticoat to keep the structure of the skirt.

Hope that helps a little! :hugs:

ETA - Here's the link to where I got my petticoat from.. it's elasticated waist and they do a smaller size in the same petticoat too :thumbup:
Ebay 2 Hooped Petticoat

Well my Bridesmaid went for a dress fitting on Monday, to see if my sister's dress would be able to be altered. Sister's dress is size 18 and Sophie (BM) is size 8/10.

I was a bit worried, as I really didnt want to have to buy a whole new one, at £170.

The lady was lovely, and she said the dress can be altered. :happydance: It's going to cost £110 altogether. Which will be taking it in, and adjusting the length. However, I would like to ask everyone's opinion on where she pinned it.

I am certain the 'strap' bit on the dress should come under the bust, which would mean that the halterneck strap needs to be altered. However, she left it at the length it was, so the dress all seems a little too low down, as looking at the back you can see her bra. What do you all think? (Please ignore how orange she looks! :haha:

ETA: the third picture is when we moved it up in the dressing room, but the waist part doesnt look tight enough, does it?

Oh, I shall be adding up pics of my flowers later on today, along with my Something Old, new, Borrowed and Blue.

Attachments

• P5090088.jpg
    P5090088.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P5090089.jpg
    P5090089.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 15
  • P5090091.jpg
    P5090091.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 12
Hmm yes the first 2 pics do seem as tho the dress isnt sitting right and it needs to be taking up at the halterneck.. it seems far too low! She may be in danger of "falling out""!

As for the third pic, it looks better but I think where she's pinned it for the halter being lower, that's why the waist isnt sitting right I guess? Imo (and I'm not a seamstress lol!) I would say that she should have altered the halter neck part first so that the satin band sits under the bust , and then pinned for the waist alterations? Does that make sense? x

Perfect sense, that's what I think needs to be done/should be worn, just you described it better. :haha:

She said when she take it in, she will do it so that when we go back on Monday, if it needs altering more, it can easily be done. So I think I will mention it, and see what she says.

Thanks Mynx

What Mynx said. :haha:

I'm not too coherent with words this morning. Still working through my morning coffee!

Just sat and read your whole thread and got to say your wedding sounds fab!!!!! You are super organised too, I hope I have this much done in the run up to my big day!

Your dress is beautiful too, I love the green

I am keen to see a pic of your flowers as I am thinking of something similar but with calla lilies! How long have you had yours? I was wondering how soon to get mine, I dont wanna leave it too late in case I don't like them lol.

x

Ah thank you. It doesnt seem that way to me, but once the big day arrives im sure it will be perfect, or so I am hoping. :thumbup:

Oh, I've had mine for about 1 1/2 years! Lol. I knew they were what I wanted, somthing simple and understated, but still with a 'wow' factor. So cheap compared to real one, you just have to make sure that they are covered/protected well so that no dust settles on them. Mine are in a box, with two black bags over them.

Just about to feed LO, then I will take some pics, and upload them. So give me about 1-1 1/2 hours and you can see them. I got them out the other day, as I kinda forgot what they actually looked like, and I was still blown away by them.

Ooooh cannot wait!

My LO is in clingy baby mode today so I am weddiing planning online whilst he snores on my chest lol!

x

Ahh well I've just took them now, as LO is asleep upstairs still. I will try and uploads them, but if she stirs, I shall have to go. But the pics are on their way! I took loads from all differetn angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"