Shadow on frer????

Reaction score
I took an frer this morning with fmu. There wasn't a line but it had a shadow where the test line would show. Usually they are stark white when I test. But this time is wasn't by there wasn't a line either just looked like. Shadow of a line if that makes sense. Anyone ever experience this??

Yes. I had the same thing at 8dpo and then bfn's for everyone I took after. They aren't supposed to have evap lines according to the company but I beg to differ.

I think what you are seeing is the antibody strip; it is what would turn pink in the case of a BFP. This is the part of the test that detects HCG in your system. Sometimes they look white and sometimes like a shadow.

Yeah the new FRER have more evaps than the regular first response. Once I had a bright white evap on the frer, it was so weird. I never got evaps on the regular first response. Test again in a few days hun

Thanks! That's awful the new pink dye tests cause evaps. With?!? Why bother testing on hpt then. Seems pointless because you still won't know if it's a true bfp.

I know it sucks but FRER are just not reliable anymore unless a dark line. Blue dye tests are not reliable. the only ones i trust are tescos own but they arent strong tests x

i have noticed if you hold the test up to the light you will get a shadow because of the plastic covering the back it is right in line with the antibody strip and had me fooled the first time I used them!hope this is not the case for you and your bfp comes soon!!

Thanks ladies! It's just frustrating because there really is no brand that's reliable anymore. They need to invent the new Pregnancy test.

ya like a $25 at home blood test u can send in and get back 24 hrs later. like they do with the HIV tests! That would be great!

ive also had shadow lines on frer but i dont believe them either ,well im due af today or tommorow so we shall see ,good luck hun.xxxxx

Im experiencing the same thing heres a pic of my frer that looks positive but not sure

IMG_20200509_115858.jpg

Good luck hon I got a faint line on Frer today. Its pink but so faint.
I'm 11dpo.
20200510_092813.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->