Shall I call the midwife? Rather worried!

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
So today I've had loads of aches and pains! :nope:

1. I've had a funny pressure in my stomach, I think this might be braxton hicks.
2. I've not been able to empty my bladder properly because all of my ligaments absolutely kill when I open my bladder or bowls (sorry, TMI! :blush:)
3. I think baby must be sat on my bladder too, as I can feel constant pressure on that - been to the toilet loads of times today. I know it's not a UTI, as I have them quite a lot, this is different.
4. To top it all off, I've just been sitting still, watching the TV and then all of a sudden I've got really bad period pain! :cry:

I'm so worried something is wrong - is that silly of me? :nope: I never experienced any of this with my first pregnancy, I didn't have pain etc at all really, apart from labour (obviously). I also haven't felt baby move today, however I can still get her HB on the doppler. Some reassurance would be great, are all of these aches and pains normal? If not, I think I'll give the midwife a call.. Or should I just call her anyway?

Tia. :flow:

:hugs:

It's totally normally to feel aches and pains. I get them quite often but if you're worried defo give your MW a call. The amount of relief you get to be reassured is priceless and always worth doing if you feel something isn't right :hugs:

Completely agree with pp it's not worth stressing over when a quick call could put your mind at rest. Thinking of you x x

I would call it will make you feel better. That's what they are there for :) hope you feel better.

Thank you ladies. :hugs:
I don't know why, but I'm constantly worrying. I just have a really bad feeling in my gut, that I can't shake. :( it's almost like I know something is going to go wrong.. I just want our precious bundle to be safe and sound in there! X

Hi Rebecca,
I'm also 17 weeks and 2 days! I've been having the bad period type pains on and off recently. Have been feeling a lot crampy 2nd time round and have been worrying alot with the pain. I'm sure I've been having braxton hicks too. It's not been so bad today but also been on quiet side with movement, just keep thinking it's to early to be keeping track with moments and try not to worry so much.
If you feel like you need to spk to the midwife then it would do no harm but just wanted you to know I'm going thru same thing.

You poor thing, the constant worrying is awful. When I was 16 weeks I spent 2 days in the hospital due to what felt like contractions and a really sharp pain in one part of my uterus. Everything turned out fine but I know how scary it can be. I also used my Doppler a lot around that time as I wasn't feeling any movement yet. I agree with the pp - give your midwife a call, hopefully she can reassure you x

It could be constipation! I'm getting aches and pains like this too and the needing to wee alot. That's what it is for me!

That's a good point marie, I have suffered with constipation on and off throughout this pregnancy! Sometimes it gets really bad. :(

Thank you for all of the replies, you ladies are so reassuring and helpful - it's very much appreciated! :)

I began to feel her wriggling around when I got into bed last night, so that made me feel a little less worried. Also, today the pain when weeing seems to have eased a lot! I think I must of had bad ligament stretching yesterday? :shrug:
I do feel constipated today though, just had a high fibre breakfast, so hoping that'll help. X

Glad you felt movements hun.

Hope the extra fibre helps with the constipation xx

Around 18 weeks I felt a lot of pain in my ligaments (almost like a burning pain) when I would go pee. I had a urine test done and I did not have a UTI, it was just one of those fun pregnancy things. It last about 1-2 weeks I think. Then around 20 weeks I had period-like cramps for about a week and then they went away. I think it's just everything getting stretched out that causes these feelings, but if you're worried it never hurts to call!

It could be constipation! I'm getting aches and pains like this too and the needing to wee alot. That's what it is for me!

I was going to say this! Constipation can cause menstrual like cramping. Don't feel bad about calling the midwife, that's what they're there for ;)

Thanks. Hasn't been as bad today :) Baby has gone really low down again, so I'm thinking her pressing on my bladder etc probably doesn't help!

Can I just say please don't rely on your Doppler to think baby is ok. They are great when you want to have a listen but if you feel something is wrong you should be seen xx

I would go to the dr as you might have a UTI xx
Sometimes they can manifest differently and it's such a simple thing just to pee in the cup and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->