Shampoo for very geasy hair?

Hopipolla

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a shampoo for greasy hair? My hair is so greasy. When I wash it at night, it will be greasy again the next day by dinner time. I have tried so many different shampoos, from supermarket own brands to the expensive ones. I've been dying my hair blonde for about 12 years, which I know has probaby knackered my hair.

Thanks

Can you get out of the habit of washing it so often? This should stop it getting greasy so quickly. Once it starts getting greasy try using a dry shampoo to tide you over till the next day when you wash it. No advice with regards to shampoo for greasy hair though, sorry xx

Any clarifying shampoo, but you won't want to use this on your every day it'll be too harsh. You're stripping the oils of your hair by washing it daily so your hair then produces more and more oil to compensate for that therefore making your hair more greasy. Try to wash it less.. do it gradually so leave it a day in between washes, you can use dry shampoo to help in between washes, then gradually leave it two days in between etc.

Yep, try washing it less. i know this sounds counter productive but your hair will balance itself out. It might not be great initially but you'll see the difference soon!

You mention you have dyed blonde hair, do you try and compensate for any dryness with heavy conditioners? Using silicone free conditioners can be a good move too. I'm assuming you only do your roots when you do root retouches, but if you're putting it on a full head,dont!

Agree with washing it less. I used to have the same problem, my hair looked like it needed washed every night because it go so oily by the end of the day. But it was definitely just being washed too much, and too many oils being stripped, and then being replaced by the body to try and counteract that. Washing less often will absolutely help fix the problem, although its not great until your hair gets more used to being washed less often. DRY SHAMPOO!!! It's amazing in between washes; helps soak up any extra oils on your hair so that it still looks nice.

Lush blonde shampoo is good as is Timoteo golden highlights. I get greasy hair as its fine but these are good and make sure have light conditioner

The lush blonde hair shampoo is solid, the solid jungle conditioner is good to

Thanks ladies. I'll try the dry shampoo and get the lush blond one.

I've found head and shoulders classic clean makes my hair feel really clean

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"