Share your weight loss tips! :D

TTCabundle

Reaction score
I thought it would be good to have a thread where we all share our weight loss "tips" or motivation that has helped us! Then we can all look back at it if we're in need of some motivation or help :D

Here's a few things that have helped me.

- Drink a pint of water before a meal, it helps to fill you up so you don't eat as much!
- Eat off a smaller plate, I found that because I can't fit as much on, I tend not to eat as much!
- Have atleast one "treat" a week, that way you don't feel deprived and are less likely to have a blowout! I buy them little snack malteasers and have a packet of them!
- Have some sort of motivational picture, I have a picture of me at my heaviest on my phone! Whenever I feel like devouring a huge chocolate bar I look back at it and it puts me back on track :haha:

xx

I have a photo on my desktop that shows one pound of fat, which is the equivalent to a whole cup full. It makes me feel better about weight loss and not so dismayed when I don't drop two stone from a morning of dieting :haha:

Also, I think it really helps to work out what you truly need to lose weight each week, by working out your BMR, what you burn in activities/exercise, and what you eat. Because I see a lot of people claiming they've lost 5lbs a week (which is very unlikely) and then getting really upset when they have no results for the next two weeks, when in actual fact the body is probably losing the real weight in the following weeks, whereas before it was just water. Does that make sense? Anyway I do think it helps. Then you can mark on a calendar what your weight should be by such and such (say if you're losing 1lb a week or so) to help you keep on track.

Loseit app (or another calorie/excercise tracking app). It was THE best motivator for me- as I never really watched what I ate- I worked out often, but food was my biggest issue... and seeing what I was eating daily really helped me :)

I find that bananas and water fill me up :) I have also been craving a treat and have found raspberries with natural yoghurt hits the spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->