Sharing a bedroom with brother

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know Jack is only 2months old but soon well when hes older he will be sharing with his brother callum who is my partners child, now i'm really worried about this i dont think i can let them share a room, Jack is going to end up sleeping in are bedroom for the rest of his life, i just dont trust callum at all, callum has alot of bad habbits from befor i was around and i dont want jack to get any of them. HELP!!!

I wouldnt put him in there if you cant trust him , at the moment i cant really trust my daughter carly with ella in her room so im going to do it when ella is abit older.

Hes 7 now and will be 8 in march but a couple of times i've left them together and come in with him doing something silly to jack, i feel like callum will never be old enough until hes like 12

Go with you gut instinct hun...me personally if i didnt feel comfortable with it i wouldnt... xx

Go with you gut instinct hun...me personally if i didnt feel comfortable with it i wouldnt... xx

yeah true but what happends if jack gets to 3 and is still in are bedroom, i want him to have his own room one day

Ah hun I remember now.

I think with the age gap I would consider a larger house if its possible.

Ah hun I remember now.

I think with the age gap I would consider a larger house if its possible.

thing is we have only just moved in to this house about 4months ago, we were living in a council house but now we live in are own house and we cant afford a 3bedroom house, two bedroom is the best we can do...

maybe i could put a curtian across the room or something and i will have a baby moniter in there so i will be able to hear if he does anything i just worry

Ahhhhh I didn't want to ask if you owned or rented :blush:

Is the bedroom big? You could always consider a divide if both bedrooms are big and you give 2 kiddies the bigger room. Thats what we're doing and it could be divided if we wanted to but we're not because they are close in age at that age gap I'd prob consider that and the monitors! Can't go wrong with monitors?

I also wanted to suggest a divide.

There is really a ton of ways to divide a bedroom.And is very simple,you can buy a wooden wall that stretches from one wall to another (I explained it pretty badly sorry) but it doesn't have to cost a lot of money to do it.

:hugs:

Ah thats a tricky one but I'm guessing Callum will grow up quite soon and you'll be able to trust him more :) best thing to do is let them spend loads of time together, supervised at first until you see how they're interacting with each other and as your little man grows up it might be Callum you have to fear for:rofl: they get tempers fairly quick!

But if you had the room and some money in time I'd consider building an extension or loft conversion to get the extra room provided you dont live in a flat:blush::dohh:

Are you worried your little man will get hurt hun?

Ah thats a tricky one but I'm guessing Callum will grow up quite soon and you'll be able to trust him more :) best thing to do is let them spend loads of time together, supervised at first until you see how they're interacting with each other and as your little man grows up it might be Callum you have to fear for:rofl: they get tempers fairly quick!

But if you had the room and some money in time I'd consider building an extension or loft conversion to get the extra room provided you dont live in a flat:blush::dohh:

Are you worried your little man will get hurt hun?

i just think sometimes callum doesnt think about what he does, he might think something is ok but it wont be, i dont think he would do anything to hurt him but he might get carryed away which is what i'm worried about, the thing is if i talk to my OH about it i think he will think i'm being silly but hes at work all day so he doesnt see what i see

I shared a bedroom with mysis til i was like 8 years old and all was well

nicole and callum share a bedroom and so far *touches wood* its been ok.

i totally understand how you feel i didn't want my two to share a room either and it wasn't anything to do with how the kids were with eachother it was to do with my own personal experiances so what i did was keep my dd in our room till she was just under 2 then luckerly we could move to a bigger house it hasn't hurt her or caused any problems with her moving to her own room so maybe you could keep him in with you untill he's two then maybe see how things are then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->