Sharing your birth experiences

A

AppleBlossom

I wasn't sure where to put this so please move it if it's in the wrong place!

I noticed recently that there had been a lot of first time mums were posting threads about how they were scared/worried about the birth. So I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread where mums can post their experiences of birth for those who are pregnant to read and so they know roughly what to expect (obviously every birth is different but it can give an idea) although That way maybe those who are anxious about it have more of an idea about the labour and birth processes. Although of course it isn't to make them more scared just so they know the reality!

Here's mine:

I remember that the contractions when I was properly in labour were extremely painful and it got to a point where I couldn't move or speak. When I finally went to hospital the third time round I was 8cm dilated but my waters hadn't broken. I was desperate for an epidural as I'm a wimp when it comes to pain but I was too far gone and ended up doing it on gas and air (which is not even a pain relief apparently!) I had my waters broken when I got to 10cm. The urge to push was the weirdest feeling! She came out in 3 pushes. I don't remember the actual birth hurting nearly as much as labour, just the relief when she came out which was overwhelming.

Feel free to add yours!

Do you know about the Birth announcements room? In there new Mum's post their birth stories so there is a lot to be learned from looking at those threads.

I know but a lot are very long and I was thinking more about birth experiences rather than stories

I like reading these they actually put me at ease as i dont know what to do when the time comes. I know what to exspect then.

Really? That's mad! I didn't mind the birth but I HATED labour, I just wanted the ground to swallow me up, I couldn't find any way where I was comfy and the pain wasn't as bad!

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-announcements-birth-stories/

Just read it there, god that must have been painful! I am scared now! but i know i will be ok in the end and have a bundle of joy even if i cant sit for a while.

just looking at some of them and most seem to occur in the am when starting labour? is that more common?

Good as thats the time there will be not much traffic in the city and i wont crack up in someones car. Have to get dad on stand by as we dont have a car.

My first and only labour experience was quite scary so im not sure about writing it, i dont want to scare people, though it was probably scarier for me to experience than for other people to read.

Good as thats the time there will be not much traffic in the city and i wont crack up in someones car. Have to get dad on stand by as we dont have a car.

But most hospitals will tell you not to come in until the morning, unless there is bleeding.

i can remember my labour with my first and tbh didnt find it all that bad. Only had gas and air which sent me to sleep and the actual giving birth part i cant actually remember it, it was over that quickly.

2nd time round was horrendous, quick but the most pain ive ever been in. Epidurals rock!!!!

oh and i went into labour at lunch time with the 1st and at midnight with the 2nd.

m waters went at 2am and i went straight into hosp by 2pm next morning i still had no contractions, so they put me on a drip to speed it up, 7 pm i had her i had gas and air, 1 shot of pethidine, i was that tired i can't remember it i had my head hanging over the side of the bed at one point falling asleep i was 10cm then lol when they sat me up i did one push and she came out 10 mins later i was snoring my head off again, i slept on and off till 11am and a midwife sat next to me while i fed her cos i just couldnt keep my eyes open lol.

But most hospitals will tell you not to come in until the morning, unless there is bleeding.

I will sit there until I go into full labour lol I dont cafe if its in the hall. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->