Sharp pain in right side?

Pinkie88

Reaction score
I've had a sharp pain in my right side like ovulation pain but worse. I'm almost 8 weeks. Is this normal?

I had this at exactly 8 weeks. Had a scan and baby was actually more left sided and healthy. Docs said it may be ligament pain. It still comes and goes from time to time if i move quickly x

I just started getting this a couple days ago too!! And its on my right side...when I get up quickly its like a stabbing pain but only lasts a second or two and then its gone. From what I've been told its round ligament pain!!

I had the same thing, I still get little sharp pains here and there, it's normal just your body stretching and pulling to accommodate the little one!

Hi. I would say ligament pain. I have it too and had it with my first but in my left side and the doctor told me it was probably a ligament pain from wreaching to be sick!

Id try not to panick so much to assume ectopic. If your really concerened and its painful enough to be ectopic (look it up on the internet) then id contact your doctor.
xx

My doctor said to take Tylenol and if it doesn't stop to go to the ER.

Are you having any bleeding? I had very sharp pains from 5-7 weeks and bleeding .. it did end up being ectopic. But if you arent bleeding you should be fine. Maybe go to the dr either way to ease your mind.

I've been getting something similar but I'm only 6 weeks and all my pains, cramping, twinges etc are on the left. The even weirder thing is, one of my first symptoms a couple weeks ago was sore left breast and now that my BBs are both sore and swollen and sensitive it's still the left one giving me the most pain.

mixed beauty- ive been trying to find someone on here to discuss ectopics. my pregnancy is a suspected ectopic. i am not having an pain or anything though, they just saw "suspicious" findings on an ultrasound i had. when did you start having symptoms from it? and did your hcg levels go up in the beginning? i will be 6 wks sunday, and levels are still rising....

I had a quick sharp stabbing pain in my right side which really hurt, came from nowhere and stopped me in my tracks.. that was before I found out I was pregnant though at 4 weeks

I think that you should ask for an ultrasound to rule out ectopic, I mean it can't hurt right? It does sound like round ligament pain, but you can never be too cautious when it comes to an ectopic pregnancy.

LeslyL - With my ectopic my hcg level were rising, but definitely not doubling. My pregnancy tests never got darker which tipped me off, and then I had spotting. I went to the ER and told them I had a suspected ectopic and they took me right back. I was asked 1000 times if I was in pain, but I didn't start experiencing pain from it until a week after I was treated for it. I should have been around 7ish weeks, but it never developed past a sac.. they could hardly even see it until I was in a lot of pain. Most ectopics have spotting, and all have at least some symptom. Hope that helps!

i do have spotting, but it goes away fast (2 times it happened when i woke up and wiped, hardly there and then nothing the rest of the day) no other symptoms, and my tests are def darker.

You're probably fine! But like I said, ectopics are serious business so whatever can be done to rule it out should be done.

mixed beauty- ive been trying to find someone on here to discuss ectopics. my pregnancy is a suspected ectopic. i am not having an pain or anything though, they just saw "suspicious" findings on an ultrasound i had. when did you start having symptoms from it? and did your hcg levels go up in the beginning? i will be 6 wks sunday, and levels are still rising....

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Honestly, I dont know what my hcgs were because I didnt know I was pregnant. I thought I got a late period, but then when I began to bleed over my normal 6 days and experience tons of cramping (I only cramp on the first day and not even if I take my midol in time) I knew something was wrong. I was misdiagnosed the first time. Then I went to the ER one night because I basically couldnt even walk. I bled for a about 2 weeks before I found out I had an ectopic. My left tube had to be removed and I was 7 weeks. I started having symptoms around 5 weeks.

thank you:) i have everything tomorrow to determine was it going on with me. it is so weird the way i am spotting. ill wake up, i'll spot for a few hours very, very light pink, and then the rest of the day i'm fine. this has been happening every few days. last night, i starting getting a little pinching on my left side, but it isn't pain. hopefully the "masses" they found on last week's sonogram show a baby/babies tomorrow, and i had my dates off by a few days.

thank you:) i have everything tomorrow to determine was it going on with me. it is so weird the way i am spotting. ill wake up, i'll spot for a few hours very, very light pink, and then the rest of the day i'm fine. this has been happening every few days. last night, i starting getting a little pinching on my left side, but it isn't pain. hopefully the "masses" they found on last week's sonogram show a baby/babies tomorrow, and i had my dates off by a few days.

With my ectopic I dont remember spotting pink, it was definitely red and it would stop for a couple days, then come back. But it was to the point I had to wear a pad. If you dont, you should be OK. I have my fx for you! It doesnt sound like your having one.

i sure hope not. i don't think i wrote it in this thread, but i am concerned because at my sonogram last wk, they saw 3 "suspicious masses". they didn't tell me where, whether it be my tubes or uterus.

Could be constipation pains also... TMI but... Yesterday I had the WORST pain on the left side going from under the breast to the lower stomach... And then today lo and behold my stool came and it was not very comfortable... Just a thought....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->