Sharp pains - help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by windswept, Jan 27, 2011.

1. windswept

windswept Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies

I am having some pretty strong sharp pains right down low. They were just little stabs every now and then, but now they are pretty constant.

Should I be worried? It is like being stabbed with a really pointed sharp needle, deep in and low down.

I do have large cysts in my left ovary (around the area of pain) so I think it might be that. What would you do about it? I live 42 miles from my midwife...

2. Toria09

Toria09 Well-Known Member

I get those on my right side it feels a bit like ovulation pain, I've never worried too much but maybe you could call your midwife if you concerned x

3. JustThisGirl

JustThisGirl Well-Known Member

That could be what's causing the pain and I think as far as anyone on here knowing what the pain could be it would be best to talk to your Midwife.
    They could just be Braxton Hick Contractions but we could all sit here and give out our suggestions, however as you have a cyst on your ovary I think it would be best to consult your midwife, or ring a hospital midwife for peace of mind.

Hope it's nothing xx