Shaving b4 labour...? (sorry if tmi)

MummyinJune

Reaction score
Just wondered what u guys are planning on doing 4 the big day..
Legs and toosht wise..:blush: I havent really bothered doing much shaving of my legs throughout my preg - 4 more than one reason 1 being its so hard to shave past my bump and the other being i dont like doing it too much as i get bad exzema on my legs and when i shave it gets worse...
And then down there i havnt been able to get completley as i cant c past the bump and miss alot lol:blush: Up until now i was always planning on getting my OH to do it 4 me but i just dont no if i can be bothered sitting in diff possitions i get 2 uncomfortable 2 quickley. I no it looks like i have no pride in myself at all but i just dont no what to do - i wont be getting a wax down anywhere i never have done and never will lol im too much of a woose... R u guys bothering with it all? I dont supppose im goin 2 look that great when given birth anyway lol

ive been doing mine 1-2 times a week just to keep on top of it, i use a mirror to tidy up around my foof and just lay down in the bath to do my legs, with my knees bent of course lol.xx

Glad you asked this, I'm wondering it too.. I haven't bothered as much shaving legs and foof (lol) as it's too much hassle... I can't see what I'm doing anproust cut myself.. Ouch!! So odd time things have been getting shaved OH has done it for me lol. But I dunno weather t keep up to date with it cause I dont want them thinking anything if my legs or foof isn't shaved properly haha... :/

im seriously considering trying a wax on the vajayjay area as i do not trust my oh with a razor haha!!!.. but im as ive never had it waxed before would be a nightmare if i ended up like a plucked chicken!.. aghh!! decisions decisions

haha. The way Im thinking is if I can't see it, im not shaving it. Wouldnt wanna have a shaving accident down there....ouch :( LOL

i attempted my legs sunday. But it didnt go to well. Not attempted my foof. I dont think midwife dr oh are gonna take to much notice when theres a baby crowning

ive been doing mine 1-2 times a week just to keep on top of it, i use a mirror to tidy up around my foof and just lay down in the bath to do my legs, with my knees bent of course lol.xx

Ergh I can't even use a mirror reyt lol... Leave it to OH to do but I must say it's only every 2/3 weeks if I do, do it :blush: but ohwelllll haha

lol i no i wondered that the last time i shaved it prob looked like i had a mohawk - but not as neat (mab a bit like the guys chest on the 40 year old virgin lol)
Oh i tried my legs in the bath and it just didnt work 4 me but i cant really lie on my back. im just a moan haha.

I have been quite shameful in the old shaving dept all pregnancy to be honest. Closer to time I'll prob get hubby to give me a quick trim and a shave up to the knees lol

or I might just not bother lol

def won't be 'shaving down to the wood' as I think it is gonna be sore enough down there without an itchy shaving rash. Maybe just a marine style crew cut hehehehe

xx

I have been quite shameful in the old shaving dept all pregnancy to be honest. Closer to time I'll prob get hubby to give me a quick trim and a shave up to the knees lol

or I might just not bother lol

def won't be 'shaving down to the wood' as I think it is gonna be sore enough down there without an itchy shaving rash. Maybe just a marine style crew cut hehehehe

xx

Ooo i never thought on the soreness of that and a rash.. Think i might just trim now 2 :) (saves a job i suppose lol) x

I can still (currently! may well change soon!) manage my legs, with some contortion, and I'll probably tidy up down below with an electric shaver nearer the time - I'm very hairy down there normally, and with pregnancy as well... it's like a jungle! I figure the MW needs to see what she's doing so I'll trim it a bit!

Heehee mummyinjune I would rather a midwife thought I was a bit grotty than have jaggy bits postpartum.

Comfort over style.....that's my philosophy hahaha :)

Im gonna b embarrassed and have no choice but to not shave even my bikini line :(

I'm gonna do my legs but I shaved my bikini like but I got a shaving rash which has now got infected and I'm on antibiotics and not allowed to shave till it's all gone!!! Typical!! :(

So will just trim what I can n look minging probs :,(

did my lady garden the other day with my hubby holding the bathroom mirror so i ould see lol

Thanks for posting this! Makes me feel good i'm not the only one worried about this! I think my plan will be to nair my legs and trim the rest up with an electric razor. I would love to go get waxed but the idea makes me uncomfortable :(

Legs and toosht wise..:blush: I havent really bothered doing much shaving of my legs throughout my preg - 4 more than one reason 1 being its so hard to shave past my bump and the other being i dont like doing it too much as i get bad exzema on my legs and when i shave it gets worse...
And then down there i havnt been able to get completley as i cant c past the bump and miss alot lol:blush: Up until now i was always planning on getting my OH to do it 4 me but i just dont no if i can be bothered sitting in diff possitions i get 2 uncomfortable 2 quickley. I no it looks like i have no pride in myself at all but i just dont no what to do - i wont be getting a wax down anywhere i never have done and never will lol im too much of a woose... R u guys bothering with it all? I dont supppose im goin 2 look that great when given birth anyway lol

Have you tried cutting open vit E capsules and mixing it with aloe vera gel for your legs? It helped my friend...:thumbup:

Have you tried cutting open vit E capsules and mixing it with aloe vera gel for your legs? It helped my friend...:thumbup:

No but thank u i will have to try it! x

I just shave by touch now and will hopefully be well froomed on birth day!

I dont know where i heard it, but i thought they shaved you at the hospital if you were very hairy down there?! :blush: Or have i just seen that on a silly tv programme?
With a lot of huffing and puffing i can just about manage to shave my legs properly... I got one of those bush trimmers for my wamwam that keep being advertised and it works quite well... i cant see what i'm doing though :haha:
Even had problems doing a urine sample the other day cos i couldnt see where to put the pot, but that's a different issue! :blush:
Thought about waxing but dont want the ingrowing hairs...

I do once a week or so when I plan on letting OH see (I'd happily never do anything but feels unfair to deprive him completely :blush:) but my skin seems to be extra sensitive now and it just gets a horrible rash not to mention I can't see anything so I miss bits and it's plain frustrating AND I always cut myself quite a lot... ouch!

I wish I could leave it but I've read that a lot of women keep it tidy right up to labour and I don't want to feel embarrassed with everyone staring. Probably just gonna see on the day whether or not I can be bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->