Shaving / Waxing Before Labour

Maple_Fairy

Reaction score
I know it seems quite far off to be thinking about labour... although I’m sure it will come round sooner than we think!! But what do people plan on doing with regards to shaving or waxing down there before labour?

Or do you plan on just leaving the area to grow?!

I am quite dark haired and I can’t just leave it unfortunately. I know I will either need to shave or wax or something! But will I be able to reach the area to shave or go for a professional wax? I’m not even comfortable with my partner seeing me unshaven in that area (or my legs) so I’m definitely not comfortable at the thought of doctors / midwifes seeing my area all bushy!

Sorry if this is TMI just interested in what others plan to do or have done in previous pregnancies!

If you got a wax professionally before, how soon before the birth did you go to get it done? I don’t want to be worrying about body hair when I’m in labour!!!

I shaved, but honestly midwives have seen it all before and they won't bat an eyelid whatever you do :thumbup:

I agree that midwives have seen it all but I prefer to keep it trim. I shave a little and just keep it short as itchy hair grown if back after Labour.... not fun! X

I myself am a shaver no matter what. And I couldn't imagine the cleanup of all the after birth blood with to much fuzz down there.
My last 2 I have been able to shave myself the entire time pretty well. Though I do occasionally have hubby do a check for me. Don't want to go around with missed patches.

I bought a personal trimmer in my first pregnancy for this exact reason. Once asked DH to help and he nicked me! He will never live it down, I will always remind him. :haha:

I will shave because I hate bleeding while I am unshaven, makes me feel constantly unclean. But I have been pretty lazy keeping up with shaving during pregnancy, I wouldn'tshave because of the midwives seeing tho if I didn't normally because I'm pretty sure with a head coming out, my vagina won't look the prettiest anyway:shock:

I don't think it's unclean to have pubic hair, just my personal preference when bleeding, I have heavy periods and blood inevitability gets in my pubic hair. Sorry if tmi!

Just this weekend my sister commented about how bushy I was when I had my daughter (don't ask me how this came up in conversation 5 years after dd's birth LOL) I like to trim up, but don't shave normally so didn't then. And I couldn't reach or see down there so didn't bother trimming even. I'm sure I was quite bushy! hehe

Went into preterm labor and didn't give a flying flip about being shaved or hairy. I prefer to stay trimmed, but honestly you won't care what it looks like during labor and delivery. It's harder to do things yourself the further you get. You can't see past your bump, if you use a hand to adjust bump then you can't keep skin taut while trimming. I had DH help me but again preterm labor came on so ww were just in a hurry to the hospital.

If it's that important to you. Have your DH shave you or get a professional to wax you.

It’s really good to get people’s opinions on this. It seems every option is quite spread out and one isn’t favoured over the other much!

I think I might just see how I feel nearer the time and see where I can reach! :D I also don’t like the thought of having hair and blood together... =; and feel a lot cleaner if shaven!!

I’m a FTM so I think every single little thing/problem/scenario is running through my brain!! I’m sure when it comes down to it I will think F it! :lol:

With DD2 I had such a miserable pregnancy to the point I’d convinced myself I’d be pregnant for life and as a result of that I didn’t even make the effort to defuzz. Until I went into labour and panicked at how bushy I was. I attempted to shave whilst in labour and have a few scars as a result. I’ll be keeping on top of it this time :rofl:

I love my bush. It's awesome. And I hate shaving. However my cesarean from my first daughter was cut so low. (1 inch below my pubic hair line) So I'll need to shave past it for the birth :-( plus I'll have a catheter and don't want the hair getting caught when they take it out. Oh gosh I'm not looking forward to that bit.
I plan on shaving the week before my plnned section

I prefer staying trimmed all the time. Even with a nice round baby bump you can still shave by using your sense of touch instead of your eyes. I did give birth to both of my girls with a little bit of hair but I prefer to be nice and trim (they were born early). It's less about whether or not I'm protecting my body against bacteria and more about preference.

Shave and will be for the whole pregnancy . Its just how i like it and kept up the maintenance in all 3 pregnancies.

I'm 32 weeks and my bump is so big that I can't see whatsoever the OH has to do it for me bless him ( he doesn't mind it's for his benefit too lol) I think when I go into labour I'm not gonna really care if I have a busy or not lol

So, I have done it both ways for birth. With my son, I shaved, and with my daughter I left the hair to grow.
During the actual births, I really didn't care. During recovery though, there was just so much blood. TMI but it is the thickest, worst bleed ever. With a bunch of hair, I felt so unclean. Plus, you are sooooo sore so cleaning the blood out of your bits isn't the funnest thing.

So, for my own personal comfort and cleaning convenience, I will be trimmed for this last one.

I was scheduled to be induced on a Saturday and had an appointment on Thursday to wax EVERYTHING! My little girl had a different plan and decided to show up on Wednesday!

Oh yah and I agreed to have med students in the room during my delivery ‍♀️......ohhhh wellllll ‍♀️

If you have a c section the nurse will literally shave you and it’s embarrassing, just heads up lol. I tried to shave the first time, did a crappy job though apparently (since I couldn’t see what I was doing). Second time my Dh wanted me to leave it a bit grown and for some reason I agreed, and that was even more embarrassing when the nurse had to shave. Definitely keeping it shaved the whole time this time. Dh can shave it for be once I can’t see it after last time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->