She must of been uncomfortable!!

Amy-Lea

Reaction score
Hallie is not so far off 9 months now, from about 3 months she slept through, we moved house, she slept through, then all of a sudden stopped!

*I made sure her room's radiator was on and put vasalene on her nose so she never got stuffy.

*I lowerd her radiator, she woke up crying with cold hands.

*I kept her radiator on medium heat and put mittens on her.

*Kept landing light on.

*Turned landing light off.

NOTHING seemed to be working!

Last night we were in my nans until about 8 when Hallie would be settling down. she had her PJ's on, had her warm bottle over there, we wrapped her up in blankets & I just cradled her in the car as we only live in the street opposite and didnt want to wake her putting her in car seat.

I knew she would be awake at about 1-2am as always, so I put her in her cot how she was, 2 blankets around her, meaning she had them under neath her then wrapped over. I gathered that when she woke I cut change her bum and put her in her sleeping bag then.

We went to bed about 1am, and she was still fast asleep so I put a thin blanket over her aswell, still thinking she would wake up shortly.

11.30am she woke up!!!! She slept from 8.30pm right through and more.

Im guessing she was comfy on the blankets. I am going to do the same tonight, to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Hopefully it works.

Is your baby more of a blanket baby than like being in their sleeping bag???

Never thought of this. Will definitely give it a try though. So you swaddled her in the two blankets?

I've put 2 blankets on top of the matress in the cot and she sleeps much better :)

Never thought of this. Will definitely give it a try though. So you swaddled her in the two blankets?

She was but not so tight just tucked under her slightly.
When I had come up at 1am though she had turned to sleep on her side so I draped a real thin fleece blanket over her.

I was teling my nan this morning though and she said dont ever use cellular blankeys with holes in coz the babies fingers may get caught in the holes and create a struggle.

I reckon when your baby is lying in the playpen just drape a blanket over her face like a game saying boo a few times then leave it for a few seconds more see if she is actually capable of getting a blanket off her face though before you try leaving through the night.

Rhiannon will only sleep through for me if she is on my bed (fleece bottom sheet) or laying on a fleece blanket in her own cot...
she is also in a sleeping bag and has a clutch fleece blanket..

I just cradled her in the car as we only live in the street opposite and didnt want to wake her putting her in car seat.

Off topic but never risk just cradling, a friend had a car accident whilst holding her baby, and she said the same thing i thought it would be fine as we just live in the next road, what she didn't expect was another car doing 50 in a 30.
luckily they were all ok but the car was a write off. Police said she was very lucky baby didnt go through the window.

Rhiannon will only sleep through for me if she is on my bed (fleece bottom sheet) or laying on a fleece blanket in her own cot...

Do you not worry of squashing her or her crawling, falling off the bed though.

When Hallie would wake up about 5am, she was less active and I put her inbetween us in bed of a morning and put cartoons on the tele and had a extra sleep for an hour and she was calm, occasionally we would wake to find her still asleep. But now she is far to active she would crawl off the bed in a second.

I just cradled her in the car as we only live in the street opposite and didnt want to wake her putting her in car seat.

Off topic but never risk just cradling, a friend had a car accident whilst holding her baby, and she said the same thing i thought it would be fine as we just live in the next road, what she didn't expect was another car doing 50 in a 30.
luckily they were all ok but the car was a write off. Police said she was very lucky baby didnt go through the window.

I am so aware of the risks but I guess because i know how slow he is driving it would be okay, never thought about other drivers to be honest though xx

Do you not worry of squashing her or her crawling, falling off the bed though.

When Hallie would wake up about 5am, she was less active and I put her inbetween us in bed of a morning and put cartoons on the tele and had a extra sleep for an hour and she was calm, occasionally we would wake to find her still asleep. But now she is far to active she would crawl off the bed in a second.

Its only me in bed with her, OH doesnt live with us...
I dont fall into such a deep sleep when she is in with to TBH, so i tend to have a crap nights sleep, i do sleep, but when i wake i always feel like i could go back, but when she is in her cot when she wakes im straight up and out of bed lol..

i alwao put pillows down the side of the bed and pop her between them and me...

XXX

Oooh weird I might try it - anything to stop the endless trips into his room! I use the sleeping bags but have stopped because theyre 2.5 togs so cant put a blanket on over which usually settles him if its quite tight over him..

Wow, that sounds great. Lola doesn't sleep through the night, always wakes up at around 3 a.m. ALWAYS.
She has a little fluffy swaddling blanket she loves, maybe I'll try putting one underneath...

Lets hope its not a fluke and an actual plan that works,otherwise ive led loadsa mommies onto a bum steer ha

slept 9pm-11am!!! last 2 nights, only waking up once at 2am for a sip of bottle then straight back asleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->