she refuses me :(

becci :)

Reaction score
I have always expressed and given her a bottle maybe once or twice a day and then a bottle of formula as a top up on a night and never had any problems breastfeeding, but these past few weeks we go through the same trauma for each feed, she just wont accept my boob anymore, sometimes if i give her a dummy then swap it for my boob she will take it but not for long, i have tried every different position there is and i just end up giving up and giving her a bottle. There is the odd occasion that she will accept it during the day and she feeds like a dream and through the night we have no issues at all. I really dont want to have to express in advance and sterlise equipment all the time I just want her to accept me, any advice?

I didn't want to R&R but hope you find a solution.

Have you tried calling your hospital for a lactation consultant? We had one during our parentcraft class, she said that if we are not breastfeeding, then expressed milk should be fed by the cup (a small cup specially for baby feeding). It's because when baby starts feeding from a bottle, he or she will find it easier to drink instead of the breast, hence will reject the breast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->