She screams so much!!

Hi there. Still bring it up to your doctor. He'll probably say what mine said and tell you to keep an eye on it. Ask for the infant Gaviscon anyway. I did and it's helped Marlowe sleep so much better at night. Also, I let Marlowe sleep in her bouncy chair for the first 5 or 6 weeks she was born. She wouldn't go anywhere near her moses basket before then. Her bouncy chair vibrates, and having that on seemed to really soothe her. At about 6 weeks I found a supporting mattress that keeps her head up slightly and has a heartbeat thing. That worked well and she's slept in her moses basket ever since. I say rubbish to creating bad habits. They're too young, so if she sleeps better in your bed, do it. It's better that you get some sleep! Try every few nights or so to stick her in her m.b. to see if she'll sleep in it. It could just take her some time like it took Marlowe. Good luck!

:hugs: Its normal to feel the way you feel towards Courtney sometimes its hard not to when your tired. I used to feel like it towards Benn and still do now when he really pushes me lol. Benn was just how you described Courtney to be with the crying and sickness and looking uncomfortable. Benn was abit naff at getting wind up and i used infacol and he was still the same it was generally worse on an evening from about 6pm onwards. My Nan shown me a wicked way of winding benn and he managed to get it up straight away and it really helped. You might as well give it a go if your at the end of you tether. Basically sit Courtney on your lap with her legs inbetween yours and close your legs to support them and keeping her as straight as possible rub her back like you would normally wind her and also rocking her backwards and forwards is great for shifting wind. I forgot how hard it is looking after a baby until i read this and it bought it all back. Hope it things get better for you soon chick :)

Are you breast feeding her? it may be that shes wanting more of a feed?

Violet will only do a full on scream when shes hungry or has wind.

i know what your going through tho, with my first (my son) i breast fed him for 3weeks and it was an absolute nightmare! i seriously thought i was going to loose the plot! try feeding her for abit longer and deffo speak to the doc.

hope little courtney settles down soon xx

Are you breast feeding her? it may be that shes wanting more of a feed?

Violet will only do a full on scream when shes hungry or has wind.

i know what your going through tho, with my first (my son) i breast fed him for 3weeks and it was an absolute nightmare! i seriously thought i was going to loose the plot! try feeding her for abit longer and deffo speak to the doc.

hope little courtney settles down soon xx

im having troubles bf-ing and do give her formula most of the time so its not that she is hungry!!

your LO is gorgeous btw hun....:):)

:hug:
sorry you are having a rough time of it. i am going through a very similar thing. my baby never seems to sleep, if he does he is awake within an hour or so. he cries so much, i phoned the HV today as i am so worried/fed up/tired - just wanted reassurance. i know he has bad wind. i am hardly sleeping and hubby is stressed at work.

i felt bad as a few times i have regretted having him:cry: i love him to death but i am soooooo tired it is beyond a joke:cry:.

i was also considering having no more children and getting myself another cat (Scampi passed away in may this year at age 22 - he was my fur baby) as they are no hassel. felt guilty for thinking that too as i love my baby, i really do.

seeing the doctor on friday for my 6 week check up and ali is getting checked over too.....i feel so down by the lack of sleep.

i hope things improve for you hun. it is hard going isn't it...

:hug: :hug:

Christine
X

Have you seen the doc Kerry? What did they say? God that sounded like I'm being nosey! Justb concerned hun.

Have you seen the doc Kerry? What did they say? God that sounded like I'm being nosey! Justb concerned hun.

doesnt sound like your being nosey at all hun..... docs is at 2.10pm!! Hopefully get something for my darn infection too.... been treating it for thrush but its not going away... so Im guessing its something else!!

:hug:
sorry you are having a rough time of it. i am going through a very similar thing. my baby never seems to sleep, if he does he is awake within an hour or so. he cries so much, i phoned the HV today as i am so worried/fed up/tired - just wanted reassurance. i know he has bad wind. i am hardly sleeping and hubby is stressed at work.

i felt bad as a few times i have regretted having him:cry: i love him to death but i am soooooo tired it is beyond a joke:cry:.

i was also considering having no more children and getting myself another cat (Scampi passed away in may this year at age 22 - he was my fur baby) as they are no hassel. felt guilty for thinking that too as i love my baby, i really do.

seeing the doctor on friday for my 6 week check up and ali is getting checked over too.....i feel so down by the lack of sleep.

i hope things improve for you hun. it is hard going isn't it...

:hug: :hug:

Christine
X

Big hugs hun.... I do hope things get easier for you too... and your 6 week check goes well

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hope it goes well at the drs today Kerry!

do you bath her every night? i tried not bathing Teddy last night and he had a massive tantrum and took ages to go to sleep. I am definately going to bath him every night before bed - helps him so much. i just dont put soap in the water as I dont want to dry his skin.

im trying to get into a routine of bathing every other night cos of the drying the skin out etc....

but great idea on not putting soap in... thats a great idea :)

I got some infant gaviscon from the docs and some advice about constipation.... orange juice and water!! So fingers crossed Ill have a much happier baby soon :)

thanks everyone

Glad the doc seemed to be of help. Fingers crossed for you and little Courtney

If you want a natural remedy for constipation try 'psyllium husks'. You can get them from most health food stores, you mix up one teaspoon full with a small amount of water and then down it quickly (otherwise it turns into some sort of frogspawn paste...not nice!).
See how you go with just that, for some people they need a small amount everytime before they eat, but don't OTT on it otherwise you might never leave the loo!

My midwife recommended just putting milk in his bath instead of bubble bath or baby oil. We´ve done this since we started bathing him and his skin is fine.

I hope things clam down for you and Courtney soon.

Hang on in there :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->