She slept so well last night.. BUT (belly sleeping babies?!)

S

Serene123

Last night she slept from 11pm untill 1.30am, woke up for abit of boob for an hour then went back to sleep at 2.30am untill 10am!!

Only thing is, she slept on her belly.. I had to keep checking on her but she was FINE. How bad is it for them to sleep on their belly? Surely she'd know if she rolled onto her face she needs to move her head? I don't know what to do but that was so nice! Do I keep her on her belly or am I really not supposed to do that?

I really dont know the answer.
It changes all the time I know when I was a baby my Mum had to put me on my front... that was the 'rule' then. My mum was horrified when I said I'll have to out this LO on her back she was like what if she's sick or she chokes etc... I really dont know whats best to say xxx

....... sorry i'm jumpin ahead a bit in the baby and toddler club!!

I started a thread about this too because Sam won't stay on his back now that he's started rolling! And he's not too good at going the other way yet...but he sleeps really well on his front too, and I think once they're able to lift their heads up and move them from side to side they should be ok. I've given up trying to roll Sam back over as he seems to manage to roll over in his sleep now!

As Laura said, the advice used to be to put babies on their fronts from birth so I'm sure they'll be ok x

She's a sicky baby so on her back she's sick and it wakes her up but on her belly she just stays asleep. I just don't want something to happen to her. :dohh: Regulations are scarey!!

Hey hun,
Have you been to the docs yet?
I'm sure she will be fine - as Laura said the rules keep changing - never did me any harm being on my front, so don't be paranoid!
Sam'smum - Sam is such a CUTIE!
Mx

Hi,

I am a very paranoid mummy, but my little girl sleeps on her front she just wont settle any other way. You are right regulations are scary, but remember they are there to offer guidance not tell you what to with your baby, you know what is right for her.

BTW does she have a dummy (soother) or not?

Nah, havn't managed to get to docs yet, she seems to be settled now and my 6 week check is next week. I'm going to wait untill then if she's not getting distressed.

She doesn't like her dummy, she prefers to use my boob for comfort.

She's a sicky baby so on her back she's sick and it wakes her up but on her belly she just stays asleep. I just don't want something to happen to her. :dohh: Regulations are scarey!!

I think either way if she's got her head to the side she should be ok. I was really worried for the first few days but Sam seems so happy on his front now that I don't want to keep moving him (and I'd be up all night too!) x

not got a clue about sleeping on their bellies, just wanted to say glad you got a decent sleep toria! :D

Nah, havn't managed to get to docs yet, she seems to be settled now and my 6 week check is next week. I'm going to wait untill then if she's not getting distressed.

Ah okay the reason I asked was some babies with dummy's like to be on there front as it helps to hold dummy in place rather than falling out all the time

I wouldn't worry too much. They do say to lay them on their backs, but this advice has been changing for years, front, side, back. At the end of the day you know your baby and if she is happier on her belly, and you are happy with that.

statisticly SIDS is very very rare, i know this doesnt make it any less scarey, I was thinking of laying Oscar on his belly, cos his head is so flat, but he kicks off when on his tum so I guess my decision is made for me :lol:

congratulations on having a good nights kip :hugs:

Oh that's great. Everyone's said it - defo don't worry...but see if you can get her off the boob for comfort - can get painful for you and can be a hard habit to break. If she doesn't like the dummy, she will probably go for the thumb if you take the boob away.

She is such a wee dote - you must love showing her off.

:hug:

try not to worry about it to much, my mum made me sleep brendan on his side at first with rolled up blanket behind him so he never rolled onto his back because she told me he would sick and choke on his back and i was terrified of that but he was fine on his back and his cousin who is one week older than him slept on her front the whole time she refused to sleep on her back and she is completely fine

It's ever changing isn't it, my mum was told to put her kids on their sides, her mum was told to put hers on their fronts. I put Grace on her back to sleep and she always has her head to the side so if she's sick she doesn't choke. But a few times I've lay her on her front on my legs when I'm watching tv or something and she falls asleep pretty much straight away. I guess it's just whether you want to take the risk but if she seems happy enough sleeping that way I'm sure there's no problem. A lot of regulations doctors etc come off with these days are just to cover their own backs

Seth is really happy on his front too. We let him sleep on his front through the day when I can keep an eye on him. For some reason Im really nervous about leaving him on his front even though when I was a baby I did, my OH did, everyone that we know probably did... I know its not advised but I dont think there would be that much harm doing it if shes comfortable. its important for you to sleep as well.

xxx

I think I remember asking my mum about this, as I was a sicky baby she was told to put me on my front. Back then there was a problem with if the matress got wet fumes would be created and could harm the baby as it would immediatly breath them in.

Also a quick question, I tried to put Jack to sleep on his stomach once, so I started rocking him, when he was asleep I turned him over and placed him on his stomach in his cot. He instantly woke up and started wiggling.
How do you guys get your little ones to sleep on their fronts?

I think I remember asking my mum about this, as I was a sicky baby she was told to put me on my front. Back then there was a problem with if the matress got wet fumes would be created and could harm the baby as it would immediatly breath them in.

Also a quick question, I tried to put Jack to sleep on his stomach once, so I started rocking him, when he was asleep I turned him over and placed him on his stomach in his cot. He instantly woke up and started wiggling.
How do you guys get your little ones to sleep on their fronts?

LOL! My little man is such a wriggler (and always has been) - he used to roll onto his side and sleep there from about a week after birth, and we let him as that's how he was most comfortable. He sleeps himself so however he is comfortable is fine. I lie him down on his back and he mostly wriggles around and gets comfy on his back, but sometimes it's on the side or belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->