She slept so well last night.. BUT (belly sleeping babies?!)

My mum put us all on our front (my older bro, me and my sister) and we slept better...when my little brother was born we argued with my mum cos we heard it better to lie the baby on the back so as a compromise my little brother was put on his side and wedged with his blanket....after a while though he would just roll on to his belly and slept that way!

I think I remember asking my mum about this, as I was a sicky baby she was told to put me on my front. Back then there was a problem with if the matress got wet fumes would be created and could harm the baby as it would immediatly breath them in.

Also a quick question, I tried to put Jack to sleep on his stomach once, so I started rocking him, when he was asleep I turned him over and placed him on his stomach in his cot. He instantly woke up and started wiggling.
How do you guys get your little ones to sleep on their fronts?

As I have her in bed with me during the week it's pretty easy. She falls asleep on her side while on my boob then I just have to roll her the tiniest bit so she's on her belly.

I think it also has to do not with suffocation of babies but with babies' who stop breathing. A form of SIDS is just where the baby stops breathing for no known reason and people assume putting them on their tummies encourages that to happen.
This is only what I read in books and hear from the doctors though so I have no personal experience with this sort of thing.

My LO only sleeps on her front, she just wont settle properly when she is on her back or side.
If she is content with sleeping on her belly, i would let her do so. Guidance changes all the time, you just do what's best for both you and her.

:hugs:xx

Kira was on her front a couple of nights until i got her dummy now she sleeps on her back (don't think that will be for much longer she has started to roll on her front today) but has everyone else said if she is comfortable doing that she is fine.

Babies also digiest milk easier on their stomachs. In the NICU they place the babies on thier tummy's or thier right side for this reason. I let Noah sleep on his tummy for his naps, and at night on his back, but he is swaddled at night.

Hey hun...i am currently faced with the same problem...my LO only sleeps on his tummy...i think sometimes its all down to mothers instinct...i always hear my LO even when he stirs and i always keep him right next to me so i can keep checking on him. Iv been told for safety reasons he shouldnt sleep on his front as there is more chance of cot death and suffocation however hun you are the mother and instantly know right from wrong thats what i think...i have followed the book a bit too much and have found that by doin things slightly my way things are easier...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->